Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Starfox Command Review By KingreX32  817552-sfc_logo_resize2_super

Starfox Command was developed by Q-games and published by Nintendo it was a launch title for the Nintendo DS. Since it was one of Nintendo's 1st party games that like every new console returns to its old fan base, starfox command was very popular. Even now you can still find people online. Here's my review.

Starfox Command Review By KingreX32  A_med_1

Starfox Command takes place a few years after Starfox Assault and features six different endings based on how you choose to play the game. Basically everyone of the starfox team has split up and gone there separate ways. Fox is wandering the galaxy doing basically nothing. Falco is a drifter going from job to job. Slippy is engaged to some female frog named Amanda. Peppy is now general of the Cornerian Army and Krystal has joined up with Starwolf after fox told her to leave the team, feeling that, that life was to dangerous for her. The game introduces a new enemy called the Anglers, there giant fish things that live in the venom sea. Like Andross they too want control of the Lylat system. As always you take control of fox and his arwing2 to do battle against the Anglers. The game takes you too many different planets and sectors and there are a number of different enemies to fight. As you might have guessed players use the touch screen to control the arwing. The controls are the exact same as Metroid Prime Hunters, with a little bit of changes. For you right handed people L is to shoot and when you hold it down you do a charged attack. The game is mostly controlled using the touch screen, slide the stylus left to go left or slide the stylus right to go right, draw circles on the touch screen to do barrel rolls these can also be changed to inverted controls. Unlike other Starfox titles "cough" Starfox 64 "cough" there is no landmaster missions or voice acting. Characters in the game talk in this annoying gibberish chatter. Also a first for the Starfox series online play yep Starfox Command can support up to four players via Nintendo Wifi Connection you can play with a friend or four random people

Starfox Command Review By KingreX32  A_med_2

Starfox Command Review By KingreX32  Star-fox-command-20060804044920305_

In the graphics department, for a launch title the graphics were really awesome, well mainly because at this point people didn't know what the DS was capable of, but there were pretty good graphics. In game play it was interesting what they did, it is a mix of ariel combat and strategy. Let me explain, when you get your mission you don't just jump in and start shooting stuff, you get a map and on the map there are small red dots (in later levels there is fog so you have to clean it away with the stylus first but there is a certain amount you can clean away at one time) these are your enemies. On the same screen there is the great fox and an arwing, basically you just draw a line to the enemy you want to engage. That line you drew is the arwings flight path, but you cant get carried away drawing lines all over the place, because the longer the line means the more fuel your using and you only have a certain amount per turn so draw your line carefully. Through out he game you will run into many characters some new most old, like Pigma Dengar, James Mcloud, Andross, Katt Monroe, Octoman from F-zero and many more

Starfox Command Review By KingreX32  Star-fox-command-20060818111143052_

Overall Starfox Command is a great game. The graphics are great, the control are great, the mix of strategy and classic Starfox combat is awesome and suits the game perfectly, the story and its many ending will make you want to play the game over and over again and the online mode was a great addition to the overall game. Unfortunately for some people getting the controls down can be a pain they take some getting used to. Trying to unlock all the different characters and endings can also be a pain as you have to play through the same levels multiple times. Besides all that Starfox Command is a great game and gets a 8.6 out of 10.

8- Great This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!

Starfox Command Review By KingreX32  Starfoxcommand1

Official Site

Source

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Starfox Command Review By KingreX32  Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Megatron2000
September 11th 2011, 1:35 amMegatron2000
This is my favorite game in the entire Starfox series,nice review |D
Kenshin A-Go-Go
September 11th 2011, 1:30 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
Great review KingreX32 Exclamation
OddyWorld
September 11th 2011, 3:41 pmOddyWorld
This was my first DS game,and is still one of my favorites!
ARF_Paula
September 11th 2011, 7:29 pmARF_Paula
This game is so much fun,I highly recommend it to fans of third person shooters Very Happy
Objection Blaster
September 11th 2011, 9:30 pmObjection Blaster
This wasn't my favorite starfox game but it's still an enjoyable game Smile
Anonymous
September 12th 2011, 12:51 amMuramasa
This sounds like an awesome game,but which is better Starfox Command or Starfox Adventure Question
Link_i_am
September 12th 2011, 11:29 pmLink_i_am
This sounds good,but how expensive is this game Question
DigiDestined
September 13th 2011, 1:12 pmDigiDestined
Nice review Kingrex32 Smile
Anime_Gurl
September 13th 2011, 2:31 pmAnime_Gurl
This game is better than Starfox 64 imo Wink
Aussiegamer
September 13th 2011, 11:38 pmAussiegamer
Starfox DS controls are much too difficult for my likings,otherwise it is a truly enjoyable game :-)
Golden Freiza
September 14th 2011, 2:31 pmGolden Freiza
Starfox Command is good,but I prefer adventure.....waits for a awkward discussion to start as a result of this post Prinny
ARF_Paula
September 16th 2011, 7:39 pmARF_Paula
You actually liked Starfox Adventures Prinny
Bashful1996
September 18th 2011, 7:28 pmBashful1996
Star Fox Command is fun good review Kingrex32
Marth
January 31st 2012, 11:54 pmMarth
Good review KingreX, but I noticed you said Star Fox Command was a launch game for the DS. It was actually released in August 2006 while the DS launched in November 2004.

I actually liked this game a lot because it had tons of replay value via the extra endings. However, the time limits were annoying since they restricted your exploration. It makes sense in the context of the game, but I enjoy freedom.
KingreX32
February 1st 2012, 2:20 pmKingreX32
I should change that. Thanks yoshi
KeAfan7
July 1st 2012, 6:29 pmKeAfan7
Nice work KingreX32. Wink
ToughGamer
July 1st 2012, 6:38 pmToughGamer
I liked Starfox 64 much more.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments