Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel The Power of The Monado!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 900x_212

Developed by Monolithsoft and published by Nintendo, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the epic conclusion of the first story arc of the Xenoblade franchise and is easily the darkest game in the entire series so far. Does Xenoblade Chronicles 3 hold-up against its predecessors? We think so, but you'll need to continue reading the rest of our review to find out why!

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 900x_213

So going in we knew this game was going to have a massive world and dark story, but we honestly weren't expecting the story to be as dark as it is. There's a lot of British swearing compared to previous games, but the world the game is set in is literally worse than hell on earth, without going into huge spoilers everyone in the whole world basically has to kill to live and the level of brutality you see on a number of occasions left us wondering how the game didn't receive an M rating. Honestly I would not recommend this game for kids under 16, that said the story-telling is brilliant and without being held back by trying to aim for a T rating, which it still managed but barely.

The game is huge spanning 6-8 different regions each with multiple cities and or colonies and vast wildlands filled with dangerous monsters, enemy soldiers, and much more. It took us upwards of 200 hours to complete and we still wanted more, which certainly isn't a bad thing and has us hyped for the story expansion that is scheduled to release sometime next year!

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 900x_117

The battles use a refined version of the system seen in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but with several twists such as transformations and a much more in-depth chain attack system that allows you to use exclusive moves and finishers only available during chain attacks to rack-up huge amounts of damage on unsuspecting enemies. The hero system allows you to unlock new classes for your characters as well as fight alongside the master during combat which is a great feature with a lot of flexibility in customization which is fantastic! Also unlike in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 each class has 8-12 arts so you aren't stuck using 4 preset moves on your pallet, which was something we really didn't like in XBC2.

The world is filled with quests including missable Hero Quests so be diligent if you want to unlock everything on your playthrough. The only negative aspect of XBC2 that has returned in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the lack of weapons and armor to equip so your strength and defense are mostly tied to your class and level, but can be slightly boosted with accessories and the returning gem system from XBC1 which allows you to boost stats or add effects to your characters which is certainly better than the pouch items in XBC2 for sure!

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 900x_118

The controls are intuitive and easy to learn which is always good, of course and as for the audiovisual-presentation? This game looks absolutely amazing with detailed environments chock full of life and breathtaking landmarks this game might have the best graphics of any game currently on Switch and looks like something even the PS4 would have difficulty topping. As for the music, it is unique and really quite charming, but isn't quite as good as 1 & 2 in this regard mainly because we weren't digging the wind instruments as much as the guitars, violins, and drums that were more prevalent in the other games in the series. It still was amazing overall.

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 900x_119

Bottom-Line: With amazing gameplay, a dark and intriguing story, tons of content, great controls, and graphics that truly push the Nintendo Switch to its absolute limits, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is one of the best JRPG's of the generation and as such we give the game a perfect level of recommendation for all fans of JRPG's and open world games in-general!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★★ 10/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #MonolithSoft #Nintendo #Switch #Retail #Exclusive #JRPG #XenobladeChronicles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by KeAfan7 on March 6th 2023, 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 19654

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 87457210

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, XenobladeYuki, Kain, Splatuna, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79 and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
December 3rd 2022, 3:35 pmKeAfan7
Our review is now live! Enjoy. Wink

Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, XenobladeYuki, Kain, Splatuna, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79 and like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
December 3rd 2022, 4:23 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Xeno Blade Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

KeAfan7, Otaku, XenobladeYuki, Kain, Splatuna, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79 and like this post

XenobladeYuki
December 3rd 2022, 8:57 pmXenobladeYuki
Incredible review as always! @KeAfan7 will you be doing a GoTY 2022? This HAS to be a candidate right? scratch

KeAfan7, Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, Kain, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune and like this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
December 3rd 2022, 9:36 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Your reviews continue to improve @KeAfan7! Smug

KeAfan7, Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, Kain, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune and like this post

Kain
Great review! The plot twists made this game a rollercoaster of emotions. Smile

KeAfan7, Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune, Talesfanatic and like this post

Talesfanatic
December 7th 2022, 8:01 pmTalesfanatic
Awesome review! I enjoyed the heck out of this and can't wait for the story expansion in 2023. Hyper

KeAfan7, Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune, Ragnarok and SunDownSamurai like this post

RWBY_Red
December 8th 2022, 2:56 pmRWBY_Red
Good review.

KeAfan7, Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune, Ragnarok and SunDownSamurai like this post

Otaku
Awesome review Rukks! Very Happy

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune, Ragnarok and SunDownSamurai like this post

SunDownSamurai
December 12th 2022, 10:12 amSunDownSamurai
I haven't played this game yet, but I already own it. I just got back into Nintendo gaming recently and bought the Nintendo Switch OLED. I'm currently playing through Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive, but I can't wait to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3, because it's obviously an epic adventure. I'm supposed to receive a new copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (USA) in the mail tomorrow. So now I just need to hunt down a new copy of Torna - The Golden Country on eBay, and I'll be all set to play the trilogy on Switch. The Nintendo Switch OLED is shaping up to be my all-time favorite Nintendo console, and it's the tenth Nintendo handheld/home console that I've owned.

KeAfan7, Otaku, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune and Ragnarok like this post

KeAfan7
December 12th 2022, 5:44 pmKeAfan7
@SunDownSamurai Welcome back WiiAboutU! king

RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune, Ragnarok and SunDownSamurai like this post

SunDownSamurai
December 12th 2022, 6:49 pmSunDownSamurai
KeAfan7 wrote: @SunDownSamurai Welcome back WiiAboutU! king
Thank you for welcoming me back. It's been a very long time, my friend.Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 1f497Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 1f495

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune and Ragnarok like this post

KokorOtaku
December 13th 2022, 8:39 pmKokorOtaku
This is definitely my game of the year

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune, Ragnarok and SunDownSamurai like this post

Ragnarok
December 17th 2022, 9:13 pmRagnarok
@SunDownSamurai Why u dislike Tales' post? Seems kind of random. scratch

KeAfan7, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune and SunDownSamurai like this post

Ragnarok
December 17th 2022, 9:17 pmRagnarok
@KeAfan7 Oops I went off topic there. Great review man! I still need to finish 2 before I start this one, but I'm a little nervous to hear that this game's world is somehow even more f*cked up than Xenoblade 1 or X. RIP

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79, Neptune and SunDownSamurai like this post

SunDownSamurai
December 18th 2022, 1:13 amSunDownSamurai
Ragnarok wrote: @SunDownSamurai Why u dislike Tales' post? Seems kind of random. scratch
That was a mistake I didn't know I made, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. It has been corrected.

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79 and Neptune like this post

Neptune
December 18th 2022, 6:10 pmNeptune
Fantastic review as always @KeAfan7! Yay!

RyanNerdyGamer, Splatuna, Inoue79 and SunDownSamurai like this post

Splatuna
December 18th 2022, 8:43 pmSplatuna
SunDownSamurai wrote:I haven't played this game yet, but I already own it. I just got back into Nintendo gaming recently and bought the Nintendo Switch OLED. I'm currently playing through Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive, but I can't wait to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3, because it's obviously an epic adventure. I'm supposed to receive a new copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (USA) in the mail tomorrow. So now I just need to hunt down a new copy of Torna - The Golden Country on eBay, and I'll be all set to play the trilogy on Switch. The Nintendo Switch OLED is shaping up to be my all-time favorite Nintendo console, and it's the tenth Nintendo handheld/home console that I've owned.

@SunDownSamurai Torna is better in the season pass because you can get loads of other content including Shulk, Fiora, Elma, and a third form for Poppi as additional characters, a few new dungeons, an arena to earn tons of outfits for the main characters and blades, and a few dozen exclusive quests and it comes with Torna as well and costs $10 less than just Torna physically. Bored/What the...?

RyanNerdyGamer, Inoue79 and SunDownSamurai like this post

Splatuna
December 18th 2022, 8:44 pmSplatuna
@KeAfan7 Great review! Happy

RyanNerdyGamer and Inoue79 like this post

SunDownSamurai
December 18th 2022, 10:05 pmSunDownSamurai
Splatuna wrote:
SunDownSamurai wrote:I haven't played this game yet, but I already own it. I just got back into Nintendo gaming recently and bought the Nintendo Switch OLED. I'm currently playing through Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive, but I can't wait to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3, because it's obviously an epic adventure. I'm supposed to receive a new copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (USA) in the mail tomorrow. So now I just need to hunt down a new copy of Torna - The Golden Country on eBay, and I'll be all set to play the trilogy on Switch. The Nintendo Switch OLED is shaping up to be my all-time favorite Nintendo console, and it's the tenth Nintendo handheld/home console that I've owned.

@SunDownSamurai Torna is better in the season pass because you can get loads of other content including Shulk, Fiora, Elma, and a third form for Poppi as additional characters, a few new dungeons, an arena to earn tons of outfits for the main characters and blades, and a few dozen exclusive quests and it comes with Torna as well and costs $10 less than just Torna physically. Bored/What the...?
Yeah, I looked into everything beforehand, because the situation with the price of the Season Pass didn't make any sense to me. But I really wanted a physical copy of Torna, and I found out that physical copies of Torna come with a code for the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Season Pass. So I'll still get everything that's included with the digital Season Pass.

RyanNerdyGamer and Inoue79 like this post

Inoue79
January 23rd 2023, 8:15 amInoue79
What a wonderful review @KeAfan7!

RyanNerdyGamer and SunDownSamurai like this post

SunDownSamurai
March 27th 2023, 8:23 pmSunDownSamurai
Can anyone answer THIS question for me?!

Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch Retail) 2197 Please follow the link above.
KeAfan7
@SunDownSamurai @AerynBella answered your question on reddit and is correct. There's not really any way to find out where collectibles are outside of the region they are located in, however if they are required for a quest a quest marker will appear above the items on the field. I hope this helps. Wink

SunDownSamurai likes this post

KokorOtaku
April 30th 2023, 3:51 pmKokorOtaku
I loved this game and now went back again for Future Redeemed

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

KeAfan7
@KokorOtaku I love the throwbacks to XC1/XC2 in the Future Redeemed DLC! Also all the new locations in Aionios are fantastic! Shrewd Smile Drinking

Otaku
@KeAfan7 @OrionJZed Do you guys plan to review Future Redeemed? scratch

KeAfan7 and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
May 4th 2023, 3:07 amRyanNerdyGamer
@Otaku Hm… 🤔

@KeAfan7 Any word on a review, my friend? victory

KeAfan7 likes this post

KeAfan7
Otaku wrote: @KeAfan7  @OrionJZed Do you guys plan to review Future Redeemed? scratch
Maybe. Wink

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)