Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stayin' Alive...

3 - Feature: Our Favorite New Games of 2016 (PS3 Edition) Eeea1-10

To say that the PS3 has had remarkable longevity is an understatement, the system just keeps on going with hit after hit, admittedly the pacing slowed down significantly after Trails of Cold Steel II and Attack On Titan released in September. Still it was a decent year to be a PS3 owner!

#3:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

3 - Feature: Our Favorite New Games of 2016 (PS3 Edition) Eeea1-10

Yes, we know the game was released during the week of Christmas 2015 in North America, but that's close enough to 2016 in our opinions. The game is a fantastic turn-based JRPG with some rather unusual gameplay features.

Overall the game is good, but is WAY too slow and is for all-intents-and-purposes a prologue to part II. The game is still a great edition to any JRPG fan's library of games! Our review of the game will be released later this week so keep your eyes peeled for it!

#2:Attack On Titan.

3 - Feature: Our Favorite New Games of 2016 (PS3 Edition) Aot-pr10

Few series in anime or video games are quite as frightening or disturbing as Attack On Titan and while the games are toned down compared to the highly graphic nature of the anime series, they're still plenty scary in their own right. The game is very action oriented and has you taking on 50+ foot giants using crazy acrobatics and a certain transformation of a main protagonist to even the odds out a bit. Overall if you like action-horror titles Attack On Titan should be right up your alley!

#1: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II.

3 - Feature: Our Favorite New Games of 2016 (PS3 Edition) Lohsnk10

The pacing of the story is far better and more consistent in this second volume of The Trails of Cold Steel mythos in The Legend of Heroes franchise. There's alot more action this time around and there is a shift of focus to actual war and freely traveling the world rather than school-life and linear field studies. These changes along with tweaks to the battle system make The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II our pick for the best PS3 title of 2016!

What do you think of our favorite PS3 games of 2016? What would your choices be? As always be sure to let us know in our comment section below!

#BestOf2016 #PS3 #PSN

Last edited by Ichigofan on February 6th 2017, 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

3 - Feature: Our Favorite New Games of 2016 (PS3 Edition) 19654

3 - Feature: Our Favorite New Games of 2016 (PS3 Edition) 87457210

3 - Feature: Our Favorite New Games of 2016 (PS3 Edition) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

TheGingerDoctor
February 6th 2017, 12:41 amTheGingerDoctor
Considering I don't own a PS3, it's tough to figure out my top picks for 2016.
KeAfan7
I'm surprised this feature only got a single comment...Neutral
LordHoppingRage
September 27th 2017, 10:58 amLordHoppingRage
@Reanfan My apologies it appears that my minions didn't notice this feature. I shall let them know posthaste. Mwahaha! Twisted Evil
KeAfan7
@LordHoppingRage Lol! Thanks for the comment! lol!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 27th 2017, 1:32 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
@Reanfan those are great choices lol. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)