Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About To Get Boosted!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: 07.27.2022 01:56:41

It looks like today's the day! There will be maintenance starting at 6 PM PST tonight and ending around 8 PM PST. Nintendo has also updated the DLC size on their webstore to over 2 GB which it was listed at just under 750 MB before tonight which is the size of the wave 1 DLC. Here's GameXplain's video as well.

Original Article:

News: Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass Wave 2 Announcement May Be Imminent! Updated! Mario-10

If you've been wondering when we'll be seeing an announcement for wave 2 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass, the wait might be nearly over as 7-11 advertisements for the first wave are set to be replaced on Sunday. For those curious 7-11 adverts in Japan outed many release windows for fighter pass characters for Smash so we could be seeing the same thing here?

As always be sure to leave us a comment in the comments section below!

Last edited by Towafan7 on July 27th 2022, 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash and Aqua Cherry Blossom like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
@TheRealSquigley @KokorOtaku Your thoughts? 🤔

Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash and Aqua Cherry Blossom like this post

KokorOtaku
I think it could be a twitter drop this week

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash and Aqua Cherry Blossom like this post

Amufungal
This would make my week. Smile

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash and Aqua Cherry Blossom like this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
@TheRealSquigley @KokorOtaku @Amufungal @Towafan7 I honestly thought that Nintendo was going to announce wave 2 either today or yesterday when I heard this news lol. Since Nintendo almost never announces big releases or dlc on Wednesday's they will likely announce the dlc on Thursday or Friday instead. Smug

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer and SuperVash like this post

Tio-Tot
Maybe we'll see an announcement tomorrow? 🤔

KeAfan7
Welcome to WiiWareWave @Tio-Tot ! @KokorOtaku Any courses that you'd like to see released in Wave 2? 🤔

Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer and SuperVash like this post

KokorOtaku
@Towafan7 Waluigi Pinball, Rainbow Road 3DS, and Wuhu Loop

KeAfan7
@KokorOtaku Great choices! I'd like to see Rock Rock Mountain, Daisy Cruiser, Delfino Square, and Kalamari Desert, plus Merry Mountain, LA-Laps, and New York Minute. News: Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass Wave 2 Announcement May Be Imminent! Updated! 631737971

KokorOtaku
@Towafan7 I’ve never played Tour so all Tour exclusives are welcome, I also wish they’d add Tour costumes and characters, especially 16-bit DK JR.

Staroceancrazy
@KokorOtaku @Towafan7 Bayonetta 3's release date and trailer was shadow revealed today on Twitter so the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe BCP wave 2 announcement might be happening tomorrow or Friday after all. There's maintenance happening on Switch on Monday as well. Could that be the release date for wave 2? study

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer and SuperVash like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
Towafan7 wrote:Your thoughts? 🤔
Electrical impulses fired through the neurones of the brain, just like everyone else’s… oh wait, you didn’t mean literally, did you? News: Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass Wave 2 Announcement May Be Imminent! Updated! 1625187496

Honestly, I think it works brilliantly pacing-wise, since it means half a game’s worth of retro courses every four months or so. victory

As for what I’d like to see in Wave 2…

• SNES Mario Circuit 2
  • N64 Frappe Snowland
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • DS Airship Fortress
  • Wii DK’s Snowboard Cross/DK Summit
  • Tour New York Minute
  • Tour Sydney Sprint
  • A brand-new, never-before-seen course

@Tio-Tot Welcome! Happy

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy and SuperVash like this post

KeAfan7
@TheRealSquigley @KokorOtaku Or maaaaaybe Nintendo will just shadow drop the dlc without so much as a peep? 🤷

KeAfan7
@Musashi the Master @TheRealSquigley @KokorOtaku Nintendo are master trolls haha, gotta expect the unexpected with them. lol!

KokorOtaku
I suspect a few PRIME shadow drop announcements in the WAKEr of all this

Kain
@TheRealSquigley @KokorOtaku @Towafan7 I just hope the new wave of dlc hasn't been delayed by a significant margin and Nintendo doesn't want to say we messed up and the dlc will now release over the course of three to four years because we misjudged how long the dev time was going to take. Alternative Facepalm

RyanNerdyGamer
@Kain Considering a majority of the work has already been done, I’d say planning for two years was allowing for potential delays, even if by making said restraints a part of the rollout. victory

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy and SuperVash like this post

Amufungal
@TheRealSquigley @Kain @KokorOtaku @Towafan7 @Staroceancrazy @Tio-Tot @Aqua Cherry Blossom There are a few "insiders" saying that the dlc has been delayed until the second half of August, but I do not buy this rumor. horrified

KokorOtaku
I could see it being delayed if they decided to give us more characters and costumes, which I kinda hope for

SuperVash
@KokorOtaku As a Mii user I'd definitely prefer a faster roll-out, but do see where you're coming from. victory

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
KokorOtaku wrote:I suspect a few PRIME shadow drop announcements in the WAKEr of all this
I just got that… lol!

KeAfan7 and Staroceancrazy like this post

KokorOtaku
There’s a rumor that they may be taking longer with this because they’re gonna be updating the courses to look like the base game instead of a mobile game

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
@KokorOtaku I thought that’s what they were doing, though…? The textures in Paris Promenade, Tokyo Blur, and Choco Mountain are noticeably more gorgeous than they appear in Tour, and as for Ninja Hideaway… well, let’s just say it was always intended for this DLC and not even mention the frame rate and rendering issues. Razz

KeAfan7
@TheRealSquigley @KokorOtaku Have the last five waves of the DLC just become vaporware?! News: Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass Wave 2 Announcement May Be Imminent! Updated! 1625187496

Staroceancrazy and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 @KokorOtaku Nope. victory

KokorOtaku
Seriously where are they?

Staroceancrazy
@KokorOtaku @TheRealSquigley @Towafan7 I don't know Question Even if wave 2 were slated for August we should already have seen Nintendo release an announcement on social media by now Exclamation

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

KokorOtaku
Let’s hope it comes out soon or they overhaul what we’re getting.

Golden_Toad
@KokorOtaku @TheRealSquigley @Towafan7 @SuperVash @Amufungal @Kain @Tio-Tot @Aqua Cherry Blossom @Grumblevolcano @Ninfan Nintendo's silence is deafening. They need to reassure us that the dlc is still coming otherwise there might end up being some severe backlash from their loyal fans. Mad

KokorOtaku
Hopefully they arnt waiting till October for renewal subscriptions

KokorOtaku
August 27th is Mario Karts 30th anniversary, maybe we’ll get a couple of packs to celebrate?

KeAfan7
@KokorOtaku  @TheRealSquigley  @Staroceancrazy  @Amufungal  @Kain  @Tio-Tot  @Aqua Cherry Blossom  @Akatsuki  @Grumblevolcano  @Ninfan @SKTTR @KingreX32 @Sneaker @Ragnar @BurstDashV8 @"Rory_Lee" @Mieu-Fire @Visicalc @GamedayJ @SoundWav @Marth

Are your bodies Reggie? The article has been updated! 😉

RyanNerdyGamer
Did someone say, “Waves 2 and 3 on the same day?!” victory

#HeresHoping

#SillyWigglesYourNameIsntHopingItsTheRealSquigleySillyWigglesJrHaHaHa Happy

Staroceancrazy likes this post

RyanNerdyGamer
News: Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass Wave 2 Announcement May Be Imminent! Updated! 7bf0c410

Added to the full gallery here.

Staroceancrazy likes this post

KokorOtaku
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBly7QHQkYA
AUGUST 4th

KeAfan7 and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
@KokorOtaku Yes! Shocked

KeAfan7 likes this post

KeAfan7
@TheRealSquigley @KokorOtaku W00t! Prinny

RyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 @KokorOtaku I love the fact they’ve added an unexpected Splatoon 3-themed course in the second wave! “BOOYAH!” Happy
KokorOtaku
Huh? What Splatoon 3 track?

KeAfan7
@KokorOtaku Zack is being punny! He's referring to "Kalimari" Desert of course! lol!

RyanNerdyGamer
KokorOtaku wrote:Huh? What Splatoon 3 track?
Towafan7 wrote:Zeddy is being punny! He's referring to "Kalimari" Desert of course! lol!
“Ngyes! Nailed it!” Happy

KeAfan7 likes this post

KokorOtaku
Oh I’m dumb, especially since I still remember when Nintendo of Europe posted an image of that stage way back in 2016 and people speculated new DLC with Inklings as playable back then… wow I wonder if it has been planned for that long?

RyanNerdyGamer
@KokorOtaku Really? I honestly didn’t know about Inklings being rumoured back then… as for the joke, it was both the pun on “calamari” and the fact it’s a railroad-themed desert course (like we see in the first trailer for Splatoon 3) that inspired it. Happy

By the way, it looks like Kalimari Desert 2 from Tour may be incorporated in some way, and you know what that means, right…? victory
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)