Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A King or A Pawn?!

Review: Pure Chess (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s40

Gameplay And Controls:

Pure Chess is a chess title originally released on IOS, but is now available on many platforms including Wii U and 3DS! The game makes excellent use of the Wii U Gamepad and the controls are simple and precise! Pure Chess has many modes of play including single game, multi-match tournaments, and even an online mode where you can play against people who have the game regardless of platform which means that there's always people to play online matches with! The only downside is that you have to sign up to be able to play online which is a bit of a hassle, but at least it's free!

The computer AI is very easy at lower difficulty settings, but will challenge even the best chess players at higher settings which means that everyone can enjoy the game at their own level and increase the cpu level as they get better at the game!

Review: Pure Chess (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s41

Graphics And Music:

The graphics seen in the Wii U version of Pure Chess are some of the best you'll ever see in a video game version of a board game as the backgrounds are realistic and gorgeous as do the boards and pieces! The music tracks in the game are few, but what is there is absolutely breathtaking and sets the mood for the game!

Review: Pure Chess (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s42

Bottom-Line:

With true-to-life gameplay, excellent use of the Wii U Gamepad, and flexible difficulty settings the game is one of the best chess titles released in recent memory, and with breathtaking graphics and music the game doesn't fall short in-terms of presentation either, however the odd online registration does make setting up online matches somewhat cumbersome, but overall the game is terrific!

Score: 8.5/10

Review: Pure Chess (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: Pure Chess (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: Pure Chess (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
March 31st 2014, 8:50 pmNINTENBRO
I was going to download this game, but CastleStorm just seemed much more interesting. It's been a really longtime, since I last played a game of chess.
Clαππαd
April 1st 2014, 2:28 pmClαππαd
@Nintenbro this is a good game, but CastleStorm is better so no worries you made the right decision. Smile
Anonymous
April 1st 2014, 8:51 pmGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Aqua Cherry Blossom
April 1st 2014, 9:02 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review, but I don't think that I'll be downloading this anytime soon.
Staroceancrazy
April 1st 2014, 11:09 pmStaroceancrazy
I like chess so I downloaded Pure Chess for the 3DS and I don't regret the purchase! Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)