Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
TechnicalIssues8
TechnicalIssues8
Admin
My Time at Portia, developed by Pathea and published by Team 17, has been struggling since its release.  From infinite loading bugs to slow updates, the game has been a struggle to play for some but will it be enough to draw the masses back?

Exclusive Feature: Is time at Portia at an end, or can it be saved? Image112

I wrote earlier this year about the joy that is My Time at Portia, but it had its flaws then. I personally knew several gamers that were blocked out of the game due to the infinite loading bug, and a few of them never returned to the game.  After a couple of weeks informing users when the patch would be available, both companies strangely went silent.  Patch 1.04 came and went without any fanfare save for new quests and sounds for machinery.

Many players began to think that Pathea and Team 17 had abandoned the project, but lo and behold, today they released a substantive update.  Added were the much-anticipated voiceovers in English and Chinese.  While I personally think they are terrible due to sounding so forced, they truly add charm to the game.  Improved loading times was also addressed which many breathed a sigh of relief.  The loading times left gamers on edge whether they had befallen the infinite loop bug or just an unusually long load.  

Exclusive Feature: Is time at Portia at an end, or can it be saved? Image113

Other fixes were mainly improvement issues in quests or character involvement.  Taking your love interest to the ruins with you on a date now yields relationship points.  Ack and your spouse have the ability to feed your animals before their troughs run empty.  Just little odds and ends that make the game more enjoyable. While many players are appreciative of this update, others are chomping at the bit to experience version 2.0 content on the console (patch notes here).  However, Pathea and Team17 have promised to bridge the gap between the pc and console versions.

Is this just a bit to entice us to contentedness until the long-awaited release of 2.0?  Will this be enough to keep their fans occupied? Only time will tell how wisely Pathea and Team17 release another update.  I do hope one thing was learned, however, that they need to communicate with their fans before speculation runs rampant about their ambitious project.

This game is currently on sale in the PlayStation Store for $17.99 USD until 8 am September 24 PDT.
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
I can't wait for the upcoming content to be released! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.
Krazyredd
This game is Krazy good already so I can't wait for even more content to drop!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 23rd 2019, 12:12 amAqua Cherry Blossom
The update while good isn't enough to keep returning players attention for more than a spell or two lol.
Kain
I eagerly await future updates for My Time At Portia, that said I wonder when Pathea will be adding the new city and region to the world map? That will probably double the scope of the game so I imagine it will most likely take many months for Pathea to develop the content update and even when they do how long will it take Team 17 to port the update to My Time At Portia console?
LizofDoom
I can't get enough of this game!
TechnicalIssues8
Kain wrote:I eagerly await future updates for My Time At Portia, that said I wonder when Pathea will be adding the new city and region to the world map? That will probably double the scope of the game so I imagine it will most likely take many months for Pathea to develop the content update and even when they do how long will it take Team 17 to port the update to My Time At Portia console?

First they'll have to catch up to PC content, so that will take awhile. I haven't seen any patch notes considering PC updates, but that would be an awesome addition!
TechnicalIssues8
LizofDoom wrote:I can't get enough of this game!

Me neither! I platinumed it awhile ago, but there are still so many post game quests that need my attention lol.
DigiDestined
My personal time at Portia is most definitely not at an end hehe. =D
catfood
I love Pinky! cat
Staroceancrazy
The pic for this article isn't displaying properly in the portal @TechnicalIssues8 @Towafan7 Exclamation
TikiFireEmblem
@TechnicalIssues8 When is the next update expected to drop?
Supertimbros
Have you heard anything since your last update to this article @TechnicalIssues8?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)