The Nintendo Switch, formerly known as Nintendo NX, has been revealed today, the 20th October 2016.
The confirmed games shown in the first-ever trailer above are:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition from Bethesda Softworks
- Mario Kart 9 (with King Boo as a playable character, and 2 item slots)
- NBA Basketball
- New 3D Super Mario
- Splatoon 2
The Nintendo Switch is a high-end hybrid-system that combines home-console and handheld.
It will connect to a television when resting in the Nintendo Switch Dock, and when lifted out of the dock, will "instantly transition to portable mode," according to Nintendo. The unit offers a "high-definition display," and features two detachable Joy-Con controllers, one on either side. Each Joy-Con controller can be slotted into an accessory called the Joy-Con Grip to "[mirror] a more traditional controller." The console will also support a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to be used instead of the detachable Joy-Con units. (Polygon)
Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.
It will launch in March 2017.
Last edited by SKTTR on October 21st 2016, 3:18 pm; edited 15 times in total
- Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread
- Nintendo News: Kholat Has Received A Limited Physical Release On The Nintendo Switch!
- Nintendo News: Castle Kong Releases on Nintendo Switch on July 4th!
- RPG Maker MV (Nintendo Switch): Yay or nay?
- FDG Entertainment is working on 2 Nintendo Switch games
Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum