Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread Empty Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread

April 16th 2017, 8:42 pm
I should be able to get my Switch console in time for E3, but I'm wondering what I need to get started. Here are my personal things related to Switch:

-I'd like game and accessory options for up to three people (4-player isn't something I need too frequently)
-My gameplay is usually solo or online with registered friends
-Portability is a must, but I travel infrequently
-I don't play many third-party published retail titles outside of SEGA and Square Enix
-I only use accessories made and/or licensed by Nintendo themselves
-I prefer fun, imaginative games with a moderate-to-strong lighthearted approach (ie. nothing ultra-realistic barring a few exceptions)
-First-party Nintendo titles are the bread and butter of my entire game library
-I've been playing video games since the early-mid nineties, so classic experiences are welcome

Feel free to offer some advice. Thanks in advance! Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread 631737971
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread Empty Re: Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread

April 17th 2017, 12:36 pm
Well for now BotW, Snipperclips, Blaster Master Zero, and Wonder Boy are the big games for me, but by the time you might get one MK8DX and ARMS should be out/nearing out. Also when you get one send me a Friend Request (I technically don't need yours if you just enter mine and I'll accept)

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread Empty Re: Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread

April 17th 2017, 1:48 pm
No problem. Thanks for the info! Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 16th 2017, 3:36 pm
Okay, it looks as though I won't be able to get any of my main three retail options (BotW, MK8 or Imaginators) when I pick up my Switch today due to a slight lack of funds. This means I probably need to resort to downloading my first title from the eShop, and of the ones I know, these are my top picks:

- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition

Rather surprisingly, I've never really played either of these franchises before (I briefly tried Minecraft on a mobile phone, but not for long enough to "get it"), but I've heard so many good things about them, and from what I've seen they both look quite impressive. Which of the two do you recommend to a completely fresh-faced newcomer? What can you tell me about them both? Are there any other quality games on the eShop that I may have missed or overlooked? Should I chicken out and try to find a way to get Mario Kart instead? And just why is your chocolate in my peanut butter?! Thanks in advance! Help a Switch Newbie: The Nintendo Switch Recommendation Thread 631737971
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)