Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Ice Solid Platforming Adventure Awaits U!

Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) Freeze16

Developed and published by the one person crew at Rainy Night Creations FreezeMe is love letter to the platformers of the 90's with some modern and unique touches that will remind players of the golden age of the video game industry, however some bugs are present, but are they bad enough to warrant staying away from this title? We don't think so and here's why:

The gameplay in FreezeMe is relatively straightforward you must collect Golden Cubes to beat levels and you can collect Green Pig Coins for doing side quests in the various levels. Some side quests are only available in certain levels and there are also several hidden Salamanders to find which unlock neat features post-game! There are also six challenge stages on top of the four main worlds in the game as well as 40 individual levels within the four main worlds. The game can take upwards of 30 hours to complete and admittedly even then you might not find all of the Salamanders in that time-frame as some are incredibly well-hidden!

Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) Freeze17

The freezing mechanic is the most unique element in the game and is used to hold bosses in place, use enemies as platforms to reach higher areas, and to freeze certain moving objects such as lifts, rotating platforms, etc. The camera can be somewhat clunky, but it's no worse than that of the typical 90's era 3D platformer.

The game also features anti-gravity sections and planetoids in each of the four main worlds that add a serious Super Mario Galaxy feel to the gameplay formula. The controls are somewhat floaty and could be better, but they're still leagues better than most 90's era 3D platformers so it's not a huge issue. The co-op mode feels very reminiscent of the co-star feature in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and is a great feature that is extremely fun!

Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) Freeze18

The visuals in the game are fantastic and look like they belong in a AAA Gamecube title! The character models are excellent, the worlds are massive and detailed, and the level designs are absolutely breathtaking! In-terms of audio the sound effects are typical fare for a 3D platformer, however FreezeMe's soundtrack is truly exceptional and fits the game like a glove!

Now for the bad, FreezeMe has several annoying bugs that seem to occur when using certain external hard-drives. One causes all of the buttons except the movement stick on the controller to stop working for the first 10-20 seconds of a level from time to time, and the other causes the controllers to be swapped during co-op which can be seriously annoying, thankfully these only occur when using certain hard-drives so if this happens move the game to your Wii U's internal memory to solve the issue!

Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) Freeze19

Bottom-Line:

With fantastic gameplay and loads of content as well as a breathtaking audio-visual presentation FreezeMe is an excellent platformer that will remind players of 3D platformers of yesteryear, however this also comes with the typical clunkiness of the controls and cameras from games back then, but overall the game is absolutely incredible! The bugs, however seriously hamper the game, but are thankfully not gamebreaking by any means so we give FreezeMe for the Wii U eShop a great level of recommendation!

Price: IP $9.99 then $13.99

Score: ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10

#Review #WiiU #eShop #FreezeMe #RainyNightCreations #Nindie

Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) 19654

Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Ms_Kinomoto
February 7th 2016, 10:55 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um...nice review. Smile
Um...Freezeme is so fun. Smile
Trinity33
February 8th 2016, 11:59 amTrinity33
This game is good and your review seems to be fair in explaining the issues the game has. Nice review!
Zatchbell
February 8th 2016, 11:31 pmZatchbell
I need to download this before the price increases, nice review as always rukia!
Love4Gaming
February 8th 2016, 11:57 pmLove4Gaming
Nice review @Ichigofan. Smile
PhoenixSage
February 9th 2016, 12:10 amPhoenixSage
Nice review! Very Happy
ZezHylia
February 9th 2016, 12:40 pmZezHylia
Awesome review! Very Happy
Amufungal
February 9th 2016, 6:53 pmAmufungal
This is such a wonderful game!
It reminds me of my childhood. Smile
ARF_Paula
February 10th 2016, 2:15 amARF_Paula
Zatchbell wrote:I need to download this before the price increases, nice review as always rukia!
@Zatchbell when does the price increase?
ShounenMania
February 13th 2016, 11:10 pmShounenMania
Great review dude! @ARF_Paula the discount promotion ended on Thursday. Review: FreezeMe (Wii U eShop) 631737971
LizofDoom
February 15th 2016, 1:00 pmLizofDoom
Great review!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
February 15th 2016, 6:48 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Clαππαd
February 16th 2016, 12:27 amClαππαd
I'm so surprised that FreezeMe was developed by just one person. Surprised
Nice review boss!
Kain
February 16th 2016, 1:15 amKain
Nice review. Smile
Himawari Chan
February 16th 2016, 6:50 pmHimawari Chan
What a splendid review.
bro2dragons
February 16th 2016, 7:27 pmbro2dragons
Thanks for the review. I'm really interested in trying this out if I can ever get through some more of my backlog.
KeAfan7
February 16th 2016, 7:39 pmKeAfan7
@bro2dragons Thanks for the comment. Wink
OddyWorld
February 17th 2016, 12:33 amOddyWorld
@Ichigofan good review buddy.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)