Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
U Dig It!

Review: SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_122

Developed and published by Image & Form SteamWorld Dig is a sprawling Metroidvania style game that focuses on treasure hunting in a randomly generated underground world, but is the game a gem itself or just a hunk of scrap metal? Keep reading to find out!

The gameplay is simple, you must find treasure and bring it back up to the surface in order to earn money and upgrade your town. The more you upgrade the town, the more new upgrades and items to purchase will become available and the further you'll be able to dig before your all-important lantern runs out! The enemies in the caverns are quite tricky to beat if they catch you off guard so keeping your lantern lit is extremely important so be sure to upgrade it often.

The treasure in the game is easy to find thanks to how much they stand out in the ground. There are also dungeons that can be entered at certain points in the caves and these typically require puzzle solving to fully explore, but they often possess important items that you'll need to beat the game! In-terms of replay value this game is amazing! The entire world is randomly generated at the beginning of each playthrough of the game so no two playthroughs will be the same!

Review: SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_123

The controls in SteamWorld Dig are silky smooth and exceptionally easy to learn and the Off-TV Play is a very enjoyable feature, however it would be nice to have been given the option to use the Wii U Pro Controller or the Wii Classic Controller Pro, but it's not a major complaint.

Graphically the game looks crisp and vibrant while still possessing a decidedly retro charm that looks amazing! Some of the background images look simply gorgeous. In-terms of audio the music is quite good and fits the game's western theme quite while while the sound effects are varied and reminiscent of an SNES title! All-in-all the audio-visual visual aspects of the game are excellent!

Review: SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_124

Bottom-Line:

With great gameplay, excellent controls and superb visuals and music SteamWorld Dig is an amazing title for the Wii U eshop that is worth every penny! While the randomly generated world adds an unlimited amount of replay value to the game! We can't recommend this amazing title enough, so do yourself a favor and download SteamWorld Dig for the Wii U eshop today!

Price: $9.99/£6.99/€8.99

Score:

★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

☆Game of The Month: August 2014☆

Last edited by Rukiafan on September 13th 2014, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Review: SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Amufungal
August 28th 2014, 9:01 pmAmufungal
This is such a unique game and I really enjoy playing it Smile
Nice review Rukiafan Smile
Trinity33
August 28th 2014, 10:52 pmTrinity33
Spelunker meets Metroid about sums up this terrific game!
Trinity33
August 28th 2014, 10:53 pmTrinity33
Great review btw. Cool
Staroceancrazy
August 29th 2014, 1:47 amStaroceancrazy
This game is awesome, but I wish Spelunky would have also released on the Wii U Exclamation
RWBY_Red
August 29th 2014, 12:26 pmRWBY_Red
Nice review.
Tsukoko
August 29th 2014, 12:55 pmTsukoko
Good review. This is a decent game though I feel that your score is a little high.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
August 31st 2014, 1:25 amRena Ryuugu Fanboy
This game is awesome. Great review Rukiafan!
Clαππαd
August 31st 2014, 1:04 pmClαππαd
Nice review as always boss. Smile
Inuyasha4z2
August 31st 2014, 11:47 pmInuyasha4z2
SteamWorld Dig is fun! Great review.
Tech101
September 1st 2014, 4:39 amTech101
Tsukoko wrote:Good review. This is a decent game though I feel that your score is a little high.

His score is spot on!  It's a great game but I can understand it's not for everybody.

Great review!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 1st 2014, 11:03 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
MetroidBlaster
September 5th 2014, 2:36 pmMetroidBlaster
I found this game boring, but good review nonetheless.
KeAfan7
September 6th 2014, 11:50 amKeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback everyone! My next review is Spin The Bottle: Bumpies Party which goes live tomorrow, followed by my review of Castlevania III (NES) for the (Wii U VC) which should go live on either Monday or Tuesday. Wink
.hacker
September 6th 2014, 2:54 pm.hacker
I bought this for my 3DS and was immediately hooked! This game is going to have to wait for me to purchase it on my WiiU though. This is why Nintendo needs to support crossbuying!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 6th 2014, 3:00 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
This was a day one purchase! I have it for 3DS, but I never got around to playing it a lot because I play on my Wii U more lol. Smile
Haseo
September 7th 2014, 1:02 amHaseo
Excellent game. I won't be getting this version because I already have it for the 3DS and Vita!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)