Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Yesterday at 10:01 pmKeAfan7What Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Mario Big Planet!

The rumors of Mario Maker have turned out to be true as Nintendo has announced the game during the Play-Nintendo Digital Event earlier today. The game allows users to create their own classic Super Mario Bros. game using sprites from the first title in the NES series. Players can also shift between Super Mario Bros. NES and New Super Mario Bros. U style graphics for their custom levels! As good as this sounds we hope that there will be download content featuring new mechanics, power-up's, enemies, and objects from later games in the series for further customization. Regardless the game looks cool and will be released sometime in 2015!

Is this a game-changer for the Wii U and do you hope that there will be dlc additions for the game? Let us know in our comments below!

E3: Mario Maker Announced For The Wii U! 19654

E3: Mario Maker Announced For The Wii U! 87457210

E3: Mario Maker Announced For The Wii U! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
I was expecting more from this game when it was leaked. Sad
It only has one kind of stage with no snowy levels, underground levels, or water levels and it doesn't even have every enemy and object from the very first Super Mario Bros. game, I'm so disappointed. Sad
RyanNerdyGamer
June 10th 2014, 8:03 pmRyanNerdyGamer
I'm sure that there will be much more content to reveal in future, Kushi-chan. Smile
KIBAxHINATA
June 12th 2014, 2:22 pmKIBAxHINATA
So far there is no pipe travelling and nothing new has been confirmed so far since this trailer was released.
Tsubasa
June 13th 2014, 1:41 pmTsubasa
Looks cool!
SKTTR
This was just an early prototype of Mario Maker and there will be much more content in the final version.

It's safe to say that it will include all Super Mario Bros. backgrounds, (Underground stages, Mushroom stages, Bowser Castle stages, Snow Stages, Cloud Stages and of course Underwater stages), and enemies (Bullet Biils, Lakitu, Rotating Flames, Lava Fire, Blooper and the fishes, and Bowser) to play around with.

There was talk about working on a music maker to go with the game and other graphic styles than the two shown in the demo (Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. U)

They even consider assets from other games to mess around with, with Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels being the most obvious.
Maybe Metroid, Kid Icarus, Super Mario Bros. 2, Zelda II, Balloon Fight, Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Adventure and the likes want to join?

I'm very interested in this amazing level editor, and I'm going to share my selfmade stages Day 1. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
June 14th 2014, 3:35 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@SKTTR Those are some of the things which would make this the ultimate package for any Super Mario fan with a sense of creativity. The one thing that would cap off this amazing program is a World Map Editor, which would allow players to not only make custom levels, but also entire games! Very Happy

Also, I hope that they add different kinds of goal than just flagpoles (randomised panels, goalposts, even boss battles).
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)