Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard Empty Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard

November 13th 2019, 2:41 am
Okay, here's the tl;dr: this is your one-stop spot for sharing and finding Course IDs created by other WiiWareWave members. I'll start by sharing mine with you all. Happy gaming! victory

Maker username: RNGrBlue
Primary style: Mostly traditional with a few SMM-isms; each individual course has an assigned place in a larger saga, and is uploaded as completed in a "collect 'em all" manner

Super Mario Mini DX: Vol. I
Spoiler:

Super Mario Mini DX: Vol. II
Spoiler:

Super Mario Mini DX: Vol. III
Spoiler:

Super Mario Mini DX: Vol. IV
Spoiler:

Last edited by GeekyGamerJack on April 25th 2020, 5:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard Empty Re: Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard

November 16th 2019, 5:59 pm
You get any plays yet? Wink

Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 19654

Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 87457210

Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard Empty Re: Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard

November 20th 2019, 3:09 pm
Towafan7 wrote:You get any plays yet? Wink
Yep. Wink

What the...? No-one's cleared Change of Scenery yet! Surprised
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 9th 2020, 7:12 pm
@GeekyGamerJack Are you going to add new levels soon?

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 9th 2020, 7:38 pm
@Towafan7 Apologies, I've been going through a significantly rough patch lately, and my motivation to do something often wanes to the point of not even attempting to do it. Sad
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 15th 2020, 5:11 pm
@Towafan7 Perhaps I should elaborate. I've been going through a lot of personal issues lately, most of them family-related, and it's affected my ability to think of good ideas for courses. A lot of the time, whenever I decide to work on a course, I'm lucky to build maybe three screens' worth of content before I get stuck. I don't want to cobble together something in a hurry, as the results are usually far from enjoyable. Once I have the perfect idea, and not so many distractions on my mind, I'll be able to create my next masterpiece. Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 631737971

Incidentally, I thought I'd share some of my strengths and weaknesses when designing courses:

Strengths
Course themes
▪Desert - I always seem to be able to easily envision excellent Desert courses, to the point where I cleverly implemented makeshift Pokeys into "Layer-Cake Desert" by stacking a Spiny onto a multi-part Goombrat Tower until the anticipated update.
▪Snow - This is the other of the four new themes in which I tend to come up with brilliant ideas, such as the surprisingly popular "Caution! Slippery Floor!", which I started to build on the fly, yet became the basis for the five-part collection of alt-music homage gimmick courses (more details on those below).
▪Airship - You'd think that coming up with non-standard boss encounters in Super Mario Maker 2 would be difficult, yet somehow I've found creating the big baddy battles in my airship courses to be surprisingly easy to envision and bring to metaphorical life. The same is true for the scrolling Fire Koopa Clown courses and their associated Bowser Jr. & Frienion (friend+minion) encounters.

Game Styles
▪Super Mario Bros. - I have absolutely no idea how I get so many amusing ideas from this one style, yet here we are. You'd think that newer styles would be easier for me to think of fun, creative run-n-jump obstacle courses, but there is so much joy in hiding a Shoomba inside a Hidden Block that no-one'd think to find...until the inevitable spiked floor with a Pink Coin on top. Razz
▪Super Mario World - Another style that springs forth a fountain of wonderfully wonderful ideas of wonder (yes, I'm aware of the redundancy of that redundant statement, and it's supposed to be an ironic pun). Not only have I built courses that surprise even myself, but I tend to have the most imaginative tweaks and rebuilds with each of their Star Episode versions...oh, did I just "accidentally" spoil the Star Episode courses? Oops... lol!

Weaknesses
Course Themes
▪Underwater - Welp, it turns out you can be a water element and nonetheless get stuck for imaginative ideas for Underwater courses. Yet another reason why virtual worlds and reality are distinct.
▪Sky - In this case it isn't so much that I get stuck for ideas in the regular versions (although it is an issue nonetheless), but rather how to adapt them into the Star Episode versions. Low gravity tends to throw the challenge WAY out-of-balance, which goes against my nature of making sure things are fair and...er...balanced. Sidenote: As a writer my weakness is adjectives. But I digress...

Game Styles
▪New Super Mario Bros. U - For some reason, I have the most difficulty creating courses for this style over the others. Perhaps it's a case of working better with pixels than CG sprites (I struggled with the Super Mario 3D World style as well, until I discovered two tricks that made it easier, which I'll share if anyone is interested to know Wink ). Or maybe it's the fact that the NSMB sub-series has used virtually every possible idea while looking visually similar in every installment, and that repetition is now stuck in my subconscious. It would explain why I've completed less NSMBU courses than other styles, and why I have less unfinished prototypes as well.

Any overlaps between those themes+styles in each list obviously mean stronger ideas; thus, I'm extremely likely to have an amazing idea for an SMW Airship course, and extremely unlikely to have a decent idea for an NSMBU Underwater course (the one I created, "Sparkling Waters"/"Sparkling Waters (Night)", is one of the template reskins I used to test the game, so the developers of SMM2 did much of the foundation work).
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 15th 2020, 5:47 pm
Okay, it's time to share some of my cross-episode course collections:

Bowser Jr. in the Blank
There is a whopping nine of these scrolling shooter-esque courses, each one of them featuring a battle against Junior (and possibly one of his "frienions") for the ever-important Key of Progress (usually simply called a "Key"). With two in each regular game style (plus an extra SMB Star Episode reskin entitled "Bowser Jr. in the House"), you'll have loads of options to show the tiny tyrant what-fur!

Boom Boom's Blankety-Blank Fort
"Boom Boom PUMMEL Rangers!" Um...sorry, wrong series. lol!

Yes, everyone's favourite meat-fisted meathead minion is back to serve as a flailing roadblock in each World 1-4 Castle course. In Vol. V, Pom Pom gets in on the action inside the Ghost House course "Pom-Pom's Hair-Raising Haunt", before the duo teams up to stop you in the Airship course "Double Trouble Stronghold".

Throwback Cycle
Five courses, one in each game style, that emulate key moments throughout the franchise's history with appropriately-themed music to boot:

▪"Lucky Lucky Dunes" - An SMB style Desert course that encourages dashing through at top speeds, collecting coins and encountering a challenge of customisable difficulty halfway through, in the spirit of the Mario Kart and Mario Party series. Challenge your friends!
▪"Caution! Slippery Floor!" - An obvious throwback to Cool, Cool Mountain's (in)famous Penguin slide from Super Mario 64, complete with accompanying Slider music in the background. Can you find the secret tunnel to a wonderfully golden prize? PRO TIP: Momentum is key. Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 631737971
▪"Sunshine Lagoon" - A nod to the love-it-or-hate-it Super Mario Sunshine, complete with portals to a mysteriously bizarre parallel realm where the laws of physics are skewed even by Mushroom World standards. Search every nook and cranny if you deign, but beware the Angry Sun!
▪"Mushroom Gorge" - A vast, Propeller Mushroom-filled romp through the skies that harkens back to the Super Mario Galaxy sub-series. Collecting each and every Pink Coin will only be possible by remembering this crucial piece of advice: Go up.
▪"Meow-Meow Rally" - It's another Party Kartathon...IN 3D! And this time there's something extra-special to make it even more gooder: KITTIES!

Last edited by GeekyGamerJack on April 21st 2020, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 16th 2020, 1:46 pm
Do you have the course ID's?

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 16th 2020, 5:51 pm
I haven't updated the Course IDs in my first post in a while, so I'll do that as soon as I'm able. Bear in mind that there won't be too many completely new IDs added, as most will simply be updated versions of courses that needed to be revised for balancing or corrective reasons (or to make them even more fun than before, such as with the aforementioned Layer Cake Desert).

As for the Star Episode courses...well, let's just say you'll get the first batch all in one go as soon as Vol. I is complete and uploaded, though I AM open to sharing one or more of my personal favourites as a sneak preview... Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 16th 2020, 5:57 pm
Oh, and I might upload my next new course design sometime between the eve of the penultimate day of the third month and the fourth in a quartet of days that mark the commencement of the month of the autumn equinox as observed in the Southern Hemisphere. Hope you like picking raspberries! Razz
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 21st 2020, 12:10 am
Well, my muse has come back, meaning it's time to resume crafting clever, cool and/or challenging courses for y'all! Next on the agenda is completing the first volume with these courses (in chronological order; World 3-2 and World 3-3 are interchangeable):

▪E1W2-1 Cheep Cheep Oasis
▪E1W3-2 Big Boo's Chilling Haunt
▪E1W3-3 Shroom Shroom Ridge
▪E1W4-3 Bowser Jr. in the Woods
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 24th 2020, 4:45 pm
Well, I've begun crafting "Lost in the Woods", the first course of Vol. III's fourth world, so I thought I'd share a bit of a behind-the-scenes look at how I bring my ideas to life (it really is the least I can do given my lack of activity around here lately. Sad )

Despite the name seemingly being a reference to Hyrule's Lost Woods, it's actually based on the Japanese name of World 5 in Super Mario World, which best translates into English as "Lost Woods". The name and basic premise I envisioned were thunk up long before the Master Sword was added to the game, so it was never intended to be a direct nod to The Legend of Zelda series (Besides, it uses the Super Mario World game style, so I couldn't possibly add the Sword of Baddy's Bane even if I deigned to. Sorry. Razz ).

Instead, this course is something of a nod to World 4: Jungle in Yoshi's Story, in particular a course named "Jungle Hut". In this particular area of the game, halfway through their quest to eat as much fruit as possible so they can become Super Happy enough to defeat Baby Bowser (Hey, the plot works in principle, aight?), the baby Yoshis find themselves obliviously trespassing into a village occupied by the territorial Gabon tribe.

Naturally, the owners of these huts don't take kindly to children trespassing in their homes, so they do what any self-respecting mature adult would do in this situation: teach these youngsters right from wrong...by throwing a tantrum and lobbing spiked balls at them. Yep, that's some top quality example-setting right there... Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 1625187496

Anyway, this course follows the same premise, though with Spikes as the primary enemy choice instead of Gabons (Spikes have similar designs and behave in exactly the same way, however, since they are presumably based on Gabons). Completing "Lost in the Woods" requires collecting each and every Pink Coin, as the only way to the goal is through a Key Door; unlike some of my other Pink Coin courses, in which Pink Coins are an optional puzzle that often leads to a special reward, this one is mostly puzzle-lite, meaning each coin is fairly accessible and serves as a guide marker through the course, with the main gameplay being a traditional, reflex-based platforming challenge. Dodge the Spike, grab the Coin, rinse-repeat at least a few more times, earn the key, unlock the door, break the tape, clear the course...oh, and remember the Three Js: Jump, jump, jump!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 20th 2020, 10:42 pm
Any updates regarding these new courses?

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 21st 2020, 6:45 am
Yup. Lost in the Woods is practically finished, but I'm a little stuck getting the first half of the course just right; it requires getting every Pink Coin in order to reach the goal, yet in a way that doesn't force the player to replay the entire first area because they missed a coin or two. Once it's ready, I'll let you know. victory

By the way, has anyone watched the v.3.0 update trailer that Nintendo quietly posted to YouTube this morning? I won't spoil the contents, but let's just say it'll make building the entire Super Mario Mini DX saga more enjoyable and in the way it should be played. Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 23rd 2020, 10:32 pm
Okay, I have started work on completing the first volume of Super Mario Mini DX, now with 800% added World Maps as part of this complete and balanced game! Razz

I'll upload additional courses individually as I go, but the real cake n' coulis will naturally be the fully assembled game, so if you'd prefer to wait until then (and let's face it, it's how these courses are meant to be played), I'll hold off on posting the individual Course IDs until then. Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 631737971

Still, who doesn't like a good Course Select feature, amirite? victory
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 25th 2020, 5:20 pm
Just thought I'd post this here, in case anyone would like to play it.

Vale: JXS-NX3-44G
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 12th 2020, 11:29 am
Any new courses yet @GeekyGamerJack?

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 12th 2020, 2:22 pm
Yep. Aside from Vale, I've since completed a bunch of courses, though most of them are intended as add-on challenges to the full game:

▪I pulled "Bowser Jr. in the Seas" from Course World and tinkered with the boss encounter, replacing Junior with Ludwig von Koopa, and redubbing this masterpiece "Ludwig in the Seas", before reuploading it to Course World

▪I also completed the second scrolling shooter-styled "Koopa shmup", which has had a similar "Boss-lift" (Boss + facelift), and is now called "Iggy in the Woods"; also, the Koopa shmups are now "revenge" chapters, with Bowser Jr. and each Koopaling in turn first appearing in their own towers/palaces beforehand

▪I've reskinned four courses, one of each original game style, as cross-styled "remakes" and "premakes", in a nod to a similar concept I used in the original Super Mario Mini DX, with one of them appearing prior to the second "classic style" Koopaling course in each volume, starting with the snow-themed Sneak Peek Peak just before Iggy's Palace

▪Lastly, I've created a set of eight impromptu "roadblock" encounters, each themed around a certain type of classic Mario enemy, which must be completed before progressing onward; this is a throwback to similar encounters in Super Mario Bros. 3, which later returned in multiple New Super Mario Bros. games

I'll upload the aforementioned roadblocks at around the same time as the fully-completed first volume, which now needs at least two more courses before being officially complete: Bowser Jr.'s Tower and Iggy's Palace
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 13th 2020, 10:57 am
@GeekyGamerJack also be sure to add the super world. I know you'll have to swap out with new Super Worlds as you complete the different adventures , but completing a Super World would be awesome!

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 13th 2020, 3:24 pm
@Towafan7: Don't worry, I haven't forgotten:
GeekyGamerJack wrote:Okay, I have started work on completing the first volume of Super Mario Mini DX, now with 800% added World Maps as part of this complete and balanced game! Razz

I'll upload additional courses individually as I go, but the real cake n' coulis will naturally be the fully assembled game, so if you'd prefer to wait until then (and let's face it, it's how these courses are meant to be played), I'll hold off on posting the individual Course IDs until then. Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 631737971

Still, who doesn't like a good Course Select feature, amirite? victory
It's part of the reason why my course upload schedule has slowed to a crawl. Wink

Mmm...world maps... Drool
BurstDashV8
BurstDashV8

May 15th 2020, 9:07 pm
Well said, my good friend.

Definite thumbs up for the addition of World Map builder, along with the Kroopalings, for a great many Mario Makers 2 players to feast their heart onto, which this an awesome update.

Most recently during my Switch gaming, I got the chance of trying out some awesome levels that the creative folks online have come up, with one involving lots of tanks (one of my favorites) and that of recently with Roy commenders his own rail train.

Among the awesome talent that can be found online, GeekyGamerZack is especially a Builder that I hold a great sense of respect for, as he is very diligent in his skills in coming up with many amazing ideas when it's comes to the infinite possible that Mario Maker 2 has to offer.

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 19th 2020, 2:42 pm
@Towafan7 @BurstDashV8 Aw, Shuckles... Embarassed
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 5th 2020, 7:39 pm
So here's my Maker ID if you guys are interested in playing my current build of my Super World: [B1V-B8M-L1H]

My courses are a mixed bag, but have a lot of traditional elements for the most part, some are super easy and some are pretty challenging!

Spoiler:

I hope you guys enjoy my content! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 6th 2020, 4:52 am
@Towafan7 Oh no... don't tell me we need to wait for paid DLC to play the entire thing. Razz

Just kidding! I know how long it takes to build a decent Super World. I started making mine pretty much this time last year, and it STILL isn't finished. I adore aquatic environments, so why is it so hard to build a decent, fun-but-not-samey underwater course? lol!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 15th 2020, 10:10 pm
Just a quick heads-up: The fully-completed first installment of Super Mario Mini DX will be uploaded onto my Course World profile sometime tomorrow-ish, so I thought I'd share a few details of what to expect. victory

Seek this quest and ye shall find...
  • Up to 32 courses spanning eight worlds!
  • Bosses galore: Boom Boom, Junior, Iggy and more!
  • Goombas... on an AIRSHIP!
  • A throwback to Mario Kart and Mario Party
  • BoooOOOO-OOO-OOOOooooo!
  • The green one and... the not-green one!
  • An Underwater course that isn't entirely dull!
  • KITTIES!!!

And...
  • Absolutely NO appearances of Sven!

Are you excited? 'Cos I'm really excited... Happy
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 16th 2020, 2:36 pm
UPDATE: And Super Mario Mini DX: Vol. I is now live on my Course World profile, so you can download and play it anytime! victory

Well... I say anytime, but the truth is it'll only be available for download until I finish the second volume, at which point it'll be swapped out for the newest chapter, taking Junior, Iggy and its mostly SMB-styled aesthetic along with it. Basically, be sure to grab it while you can. There's little worse than opportunity unseized, believe me... 😓

As a quick aside, my Maker profile is now under the username of RNGrDragon, so if you'd like to play my very first "full" Super World, or sample some of the courses within (as well as some treats from future volumes), then be sure to search for the "RNGrDragon" Maker profile. I hope you enjoy! Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 18th 2020, 4:20 am
I fixed an obvious-in-hindsight issue (well, two) in One One Plains, heheh... 😓

As kindly pointed out by @Towafan7, the 50-Coin inside the goal ramp could lead to the very real possibility of becoming trapped behind an insurmountable wall of Hard Blocks, with no chance of reaching the Goal Pole without restarting the course (though thankfully One One Plains is the very first course of the episode, making restarting the game less severe than it could've been).

Now, anyone who manages to reach the 50-Coin will find an easy escape from the goal ramp, albeit at the cost of potentially grabbing the top of the Goal Pole. Risky 1-Up or guaranteed "halfway there" 50 Coins? If you have the means to decide, the choice is yours. Super Mario Maker 2 Course ID Corkboard 631737971

As for how to actually nab the 50-Coin...
Spoiler:

...huh? What was the other obvious issue? Well, I suppose I'll leave you to wonder what happened to the hyphen in "One One Plains", then... Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

July 15th 2020, 4:11 am
Okay, here's the latest:

• The "Koopavenge" shmup courses "Bowser Jr. in the Plains", "Iggy in the Woods", "Bowser Jr. in the House" and "Ludwig in the Seas" were pulled from my Course World profile, adjusted and reuploaded (with a few name tweaks), as a way to make them more fun, and to bring them in-line with some new standard features of this subset. Speaking of which...

• A new Koopavenge shmup, "Lemmy in the Sky", has been posted to my Course World profile, which uses the SMB3 style and is officially the first (non-edited) installment to include both a handy-dandy powerup near the gate and simulated "voice acting" (the babyface razz sound effect for Junior, Lemmy, Wendy and Larry; and the comical AARGH wail for Iggy, Morton, Ludwig and Roy). It also has a little nod to World 2-3: Dragonzamasu's Lair from Super Mario Land near the block gate to Lemmy. victory

I am ready to announce the other four Koopavenge shmups, as well as the order in which they appear:

• Junior in the Plains [PLAYABLE]
  • Iggy in the Forest [PLAYABLE]
  • Junior in the House* [PLAYABLE]
  • Lemmy in the Sky [PLAYABLE]
  • Morton in the Caves [COMING SOON]
  • Ludwig in the Sea [PLAYABLE]
  • Wendy in the Desert [COMING SOON]
  • Larry in the Snow [COMING SOON]
  • Roy in the Gate [COMING SOON]

*A challenging Star World reskin of "Junior in the Plains" using the Night Ghost House theme

Also, for those curious about the full boss lineup in the entire saga... well, here you go:
SPOILER WARNING:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)