Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Jnes5
Jnes5

Yesterday, Nintendo announced that they will be posting a brand new Nintendo Direct on this day, but it will only focus on the upcoming Nintendo 3DS games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, and today, Mr. Ishihara from the Pokemon Company, Mr. Masuda from Gamefreak and Satoru Iwata, the CEO of both Nintendo of Japan and North America, are hosting this new Pokemon Direct focused on new details for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS games.

Talking about the past entries of Pokémon games, they also bring up an online feature for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y brought up from the conversation that is the PSS feature, which is an online feature that it allows Pokemon X/Y owners around the world to be connected to each other through the internet, which then you can trade in and battle Pokémon from each other.

But then, they announce a brand new feature called Pokemon bank, which is an application and used for an online service for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that will allow you to deposit, store, and manage your Pokémon in private Boxes inside the Internet, and you'll have 100 Boxes that can hold 30 Pokémon each, meaning that you can store up to 3.000 Pokémon, however there will be an annual yearly feed that will be provided to use this application.

But there's also another application called the Poke Transporter, where you insert a Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 game to the 3DS system, and then you'll be able to use this application to transfer these Pokémon towards Pokémon Bank, which then they can be easily transferred towards Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. You can obtain the Poke Transporter add-on when you download Pokemon Bank.

More details regarding the game itself has been mentioned such as the starter Pokémon, where you get the new starter Pokémon from a friend instead of the new professor, as the new professor will get you to choose either Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle, meaning you can get two starters now. and they also talk about the Mega evolution as these starters can also mega evolve, in which they can execute moves than an be only possible when in their mega forms. And lastly, as this game is being released in a simultaneous worldwide release, the game will launch with 7 different languages worldwide.

Finally, this Pokémon Direct closes with an announcement of a special Pokemon X/Y themed Blue Nintendo 3DS XL that will be released in Japan, but North America and Europe will obtain the Blue and also a Red colored one in September 27 of this year.

And that's it for the Pokemon focused Nintendo Direct, what do you think of the new features such as the Pokémon Bank and Pokémon transporter ? did you like the new details expressed in this Nintendo Direct ?

Source: GoNintendo (Source 1, Source 2)

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Cloud_Strife
September 4th 2013, 2:33 pmCloud_Strife
I'm looking forward to the October release of this game, let's hope the first 3D Pokemon handheld adventure is just as good as its predecessors.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
September 4th 2013, 2:42 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
So you have to pay for online features in Pokemon X and Y? Prinny
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 4th 2013, 2:55 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
ReverseInverse wrote:So you have to pay for online features in Pokemon X and Y? Prinny
I thought that was just for the Pokemon Bank feature?
DigiDestined
September 4th 2013, 3:07 pmDigiDestined
Nepgear wrote:
ReverseInverse wrote:So you have to pay for online features in Pokemon X and Y? Prinny
I'm also confused, I can't tell if it's just Pokemon Bank that'll have a yearly fee, or if you'll need an online subscription just to battle against friends? Question
RyanNerdyGamer
September 4th 2013, 3:55 pmRyanNerdyGamer
DigiDestined wrote:
Nepgear wrote:
I'm also confused, I can't tell if it's just Pokemon Bank that'll have a yearly fee, or if you'll need an online subscription just to battle against friends? Question
No need to worry, the yearly fee is simply for Pokémon Bank, which is an entirely optional service. Wink

What?! You get two Starters at the start of the game?! That's awesome! I guess I'll choose...um...Bulbasaur and Fennekin! No, wait...Charmander and Froakie! Squirtle and Chespin? One of the three other potential combinations? So...much...choice...don't...know...who...to...choose!
Jnes5
September 4th 2013, 9:53 pmJnes5
Ok, I see that I've confused some people in here, so let me try to explain it clearly:

The online feature of the gameplay such as the PSS that can let you fight and trade pokemon to other battlers online is free.

The application that can be downloaded which is Pokemon Bank, which is a service where you can store up to 3000 pokemon that you can save inside your Pokemon Bank account, is optional and requires a yearly fee to use the service.

Poke Transporter is another application that you use to transfer your pokemon from Pokemon White/Black and White 2/Black 2 towards your Pokemon Bank account, which can also be transferred towards Pokemon X/Y from said account.

Also, there are rumors that this service will be $5 yearly to use this service but there will be also a 1-month free trial for those who want to try it based on what Nintendo of Japan is handling this service.

I hope that what I've explained helped towards some of you !
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)