Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Megaman Lives On!

photo 49_zps7afea7a0.jpg

Megaman creator Keiji Inafune has decided to continue the adventures of Megaman under the new name Mighty No. 9! He has created a Kicksatarter campaign for the game and the latest stretch goal is for a Wii U version of the title!

The gameplay features the same rock, paper, scissors approach and every boss's weapons become yours once you defeat them. Even the rest of the gameplay uses the same familiar Megaman formula!

photo 48_zpscc5e9419.jpg

There are some new features as well such as in-depth customization of the protagonist and other features that are unique to this "new" "Megaman" series!

The game needs $900,000 to be finished and $2,500,000 for the Wii U version to become a reality and so far the game has raised over $565,000 with about 30 days left in its Kickstarter campaign!

Here is a trailer of the game:

And the current status of the Kickstarter campaign:

Will you be backing this title and do you hope that the Wii U stretch goal will be reached? Let us know!

Keiji Inafune The Creator of Megaman To Continue The Series Under The New Name of Mighty No. 9 Might Come To Wii U! 19654

Keiji Inafune The Creator of Megaman To Continue The Series Under The New Name of Mighty No. 9 Might Come To Wii U! 87457210

Keiji Inafune The Creator of Megaman To Continue The Series Under The New Name of Mighty No. 9 Might Come To Wii U! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

RoboYoshi
I really want Mighty No. 9 to reach its Wii U stretch goal! Very Happy
Marioman18
I just hope Keiji Inafune doesn't get sued by Capcom for copyright infringement. Neutral
Megatron2000
It looks like the Wii U version is likely as the campaign has already raised over $1,000,000 in less than 2 days! Megatron Happy
NINTENBRO
It appears as if Renegade Kid will be developing a 3DS iteration of Mighty No. 9 for Inafune.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/02/renegade-kid-would-like-to-help-develop-a-3ds-version-of-mighty-no-09/

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211323

Edit: I'm glad it's coming to 3DS, but I think Wayforward would've been the best developer for the job. Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2 have a very similar visual design.

Last edited by Nintenbro on September 2nd 2013, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Staroceancrazy
Megaman is still alive in Keiji Inafune's heart! Very Happy
Anonymous
NINTENBRO
^ There's only another $72,000 needed to reach the WiiU/3DS stretch goal! This is looking very hopeful. Very Happy
Anonymous
The game is going to come to the 3DS even if it misses its stretch goal, but the version might not have all the features of the game if that were to happen.
The Wii U release on the other hand won't happen if the stretch goal is missed. Sad
Anonymous
Just $43,218 until the Wii U stretch goal is reached! I love you
Staroceancrazy
We're on the final stretch of reaching the Wii U goal I want this game on Wii U so badly! Very Happy
NINTENBRO
Almost there! Less than $19,000 left to reach the goal. Very Happy
Bit-Trip
Less than $17,000 to go for the Wii U version!
NINTENBRO
Marioman18
Glad to see that this is headed to Wii U! victory
NINTENBRO
Kushina wrote:The game is going to come to the 3DS even if it misses its stretch goal, but the version might not have all the features of the game if that were to happen.
The Wii U release on the other hand won't happen if the stretch goal is missed. Sad
I read on NLife that the stretch goal for the PS Vita & 3DS versions was set at $3,500,000. Which doesn't seem very likely, at this point.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)