Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Today at 10:01 pmKeAfan7What Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy
Go down
FuManchu
FuManchu

Are Japanese games no longer relevant in the "west" ? Empty Are Japanese games no longer relevant in the "west" ?

September 19th 2011, 3:13 pm
I've heard this debate over and over JRPGs are Crab compared to western RPGs or people just don't give a Crab about Japanese games anymore.......I think Japanese games not only are still relevant but are still far better than western games
not a single western game would be on my top 50 favorite games list Razz

But what about you? How do you feel about this trend?
Marioman18
Marioman18

Are Japanese games no longer relevant in the "west" ? Empty Re: Are Japanese games no longer relevant in the "west" ?

September 19th 2011, 3:56 pm
No way!
Japan knows how to make fun games better then any western country king

Are Japanese games no longer relevant in the "west" ? Pbucket
Andy
Andy

Are Japanese games no longer relevant in the "west" ? Empty Re: Are Japanese games no longer relevant in the "west" ?

October 2nd 2011, 4:29 pm
Nah. Don't think so at least...

October 2nd 2011, 11:04 pm
Japan rules over the primitive games of the "west" mwahaha Laughing you know I'm just kidding right? Laughing As long as a game is good it's relevant what is irrelevant are unimportant factors such as the region in which a game is developed Wink
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

October 3rd 2011, 3:04 am
Sad I'm not sure but Japan receives all the coolest games and technology, while we get to wonder what it's like.

November 13th 2011, 1:06 pm
I just want Xenoblade Chronicles NOW D:

November 13th 2011, 6:25 pm
Theyre still relevant to me.
Marth
Marth

January 22nd 2012, 2:29 am
They're definitely relevant in the west, but they're not as in-your-face with advertisements as the latest shooter might be. People still eat up all of Nintendo's major franchises, as well as several child-friendly and mature franchises. Games like Demon's Souls seem to be doing well, same with fighters.

I do sense something of a decline, but I believe it's because the western industry has now had time to establish itself whereas Japanese companies dominated other generations where AAA games are concerned.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)