Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Sonic is back in his first 2D adventure in over 16 years to stop the evil Dr. Eggman from taking over the world! This game is the first episode of Sonic The Hedgehog 4 and does a great job easing you back into the 2D style Sonic gameplay as well as introducing many new gameplay elements such as the homing attack!

However these elements along with the over abundance of rings and 1-ups seem to make this game easier than most Sonic games. Many of the old power-ups return as well such as the speed-sneakers or invincibility .

Sonic 4 has four zones with four levels each as well as a final zone and special stages that can be accessed after doing certain things in the game.

Sonic 4 has awesome 2.5D graphics that are detailed and amazingly show no signs of slowdown regardless of how much action is happening on-sreen!
The soundtrack is good but doesn't live up to the standards of the older 2D Sonic games. However it's sound effects are better and quite varied.

Bottom line: This is a good game for fans of the series but seems to fall short at living up to the older 2D Sonic games and at a price of 1500 Wii Points it might not be worth it unless you're a Sonic fan.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 7/10

7- Good This game may have a few flaws or may have somewhat shoddy controls, or minor sound/graphics flaws, but the game itself should be fun if you like the genre, and can overlook the potential flaws!
Attachments
Review: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 ~ Episode I (WiiWare) Attachment
sonic4.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(15 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:55 pm; edited 4 times in total

Review: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 ~ Episode I (WiiWare) 19654

Review: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 ~ Episode I (WiiWare) 87457210

Review: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 ~ Episode I (WiiWare) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

captainamerica
May 4th 2011, 2:44 pmcaptainamerica
Don't get me wrong Sonic The Hedgehog 4 ep. I is one of the best Sonic The Hedgehog games that has been released in ages,but I just think they could have made it much better.......
Supertimbros
August 10th 2011, 5:06 pmSupertimbros
I agree it's all fan service which is not to say it's a bad game cuz it's not but it would've been so much better had the levels or gameplay been a little more original Neutral
RoboYoshi
October 29th 2011, 11:45 amRoboYoshi
I love this game, but I understand way it doesn't have a higher score. Hopefully ep II will be more unique Smile
SonicKnuckles
October 29th 2011, 12:28 pmSonicKnuckles
That's a fair score it's good but not the greatest nice review Rukiafan.
Amufungal
December 31st 2011, 12:12 pmAmufungal
I'm really mad at Sega for not releasing part II ON WiiWare Mad
Marth
I agree with this review, pretty much. Unoriginal stage designs and shoddy physics would have dropped it by a point, though. Plus, you'd have to really go out of your way to avoid getting all those extra lives. I had at least 100 by the end and it wasn't like I was replaying the old levels a lot.

At least Episode II is coming soon and looks much better. Surprised Can't wait for spring.
Ragnarok
September 25th 2012, 11:29 pmRagnarok
Am I the only one who actually thought that this game was the best 2D Sonic The Hedgehog game?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)