Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace Empty Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace

September 11th 2023, 10:03 pm
Hi! Just thought I’d share some deets on the process used for Pokémon Fanficles, the fanfiction that chronicles my Pokémon playthroughs (lol see what I did there? Razz)

True to the title and premise, each story’s narrative is based on my own in-game escapades, with each save file in all versions I own present in some form.

Kanto Blues stars AZUL (the protagonist, and my character in Pokémon Blue Version) and ROUGE (the rival’s twin sister, and my character in Pokémon Red Version), with the plot an exaggeration of the events in those playthroughs.

The duo is later joined by CASEY (a nonbinary “friendly rival,” and my character in Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition), who becomes a recurring character alongside the “RED-BLUE BLURB,” and whose physical appearance and play style are eerily similar to AZUL’s, enough to fool GARETH (the rival) into thinking they are AZUL at first.

Crystal of Silver, Yeah (and also gold waz there) is a recount of my current Johto playthroughs, and tells the story of THOR (the protagonist, and my character in Pokémon Silver Version), FREYR (THOR’s “bestie” exchange student, and my character in Pokémon Gold Version), and ODINA (THOR’s once-removed first cousin, and my character in Pokémon Crystal Version).

Due to a mishap in the events of Kanto Blues, a number of “chosen ones” end up with vague Pokémon-like qualities that bend their personal realities; in this trio’s case, it’s a refraction of the “newly implemented” day-night cycle, with THOR’s and FREYR’s realities being “offset by six hours from the Dawn,” and ODINA’s being “Dawn-centric yet still technically off by the Norm(an),” making THOR’s typical time of day feel like NITE, a whole twelve-hours’ difference from FREYR’s, and ODINA being dubbed “the MORNSONG” by their lovestruck rival, LOKI.

Corundum, Sparklingly Redundant Corundum details my playthroughs of various Hoenn games, starting with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and focusses on Corin Norman (the protagonist, and my character in αS), Rhonda Birch (the daughter of famed Pokémon Professor Damon Birch, and my character in ΩR), and Heraldo “Wally” Waldorf (“some kid from Petalburg,” and the “semi-redacted protagonist of the semi-redacted Delta Emerald”).

The key thematic theme and humorously-stylistic style of humour is redundancy, as much of the plot repeats and insists upon itself while borrowing from much of the plot of its neighbouring series, implying that even the characters themselves are pastiches of AZUL, ROUGE, and GARETH and/or CASEY (it makes sense within the context of the plot, at least in theory, or something to that effect).

Some of the redundancy is depicted via bits of the original Ruby and Sapphire being lavishly rewritten and embellished, even as those same key events are still playing out, oftentimes catching the heroes completely off-guard as the collective reality reasserts to the drastic changes taking place at the hands of an unseen entity… oh, and Rhonda and Kieran end up borderline messianic figures to Teams Magma and Aqua, respectively.

To be Continued…
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace Empty Re: Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace

November 15th 2023, 2:14 pm
Aight, who wants some more schpoilies? Smile

Kanto Greens is a “reboot-sequel-remake” of Kanto Blues, and focuses on the adventures of new character CHAI, the spacetime-displaced daughter of one or more of the series’ protagonists thus far, and her obnoxious fellow displacee YUMA.

Together with her partner Charmander, CHAI seeks to find out why and how the duo became stuck in the past, little realising that her parent(s)’ journey is taking place at the same time as hers, filling in plot holes that may or may not have come up because the original series is still being written at the time of this post, and quite possibly setting up the events that lead to her quantum boogaloo in the first place…

Time and Space is a Dialga and Palkia is the story of Zenith and Nadir, two individuals who are already caught up in the increasingly convoluted protagonist tree right from the start, while also somehow being the origin point of the whole thing (but that won’t be revealed until the chapter based on Legends: Arceus possibly perhaps).

One of them is a kid from Twinleaf Town, and the child of famed Contest Superstar Johanna Ply-Yagami, while the other is a kid from Sandgem Town and the assistant of famed Pokémon Professor Owin B. Rowan. Together with their friend Barry Palmer, they’re gonna rock the Sinnoh region to its very core by… hacking reality itself… wait, what the fu-

Tyrs of the Kin-Dome (and a pun on silver, too) is the story of aspiring Pokéathlete Tyr, whose trusty squad of Pokémon seek the Gold in every available event. Nothing can stand in the way of their vic-

…whaddaya mean Team Rocket has taken over the Johto Region, thus cancelling this year’s Pokéathlon?! Sigh… Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace 1625187496

To be Continued…

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace Empty Re: Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace

December 16th 2023, 2:25 am
New Fanficles spoilers dropped! Shocked

Zesty Riches is the tale of Ajani Yang, a mysterious being who is shrouded in mystery, and was apparently a Meowth in another life… or is destined to become a Meowth in this life…? (I ‘unno, the deets are way beyond convoluted at this point).

A-Anyway, he is joined by his friends Blake Cheren and Bianca Schnee as they travel throughout the Land of Unova, becoming tangled up in the cryptic affairs of the nefarious Team Plasma, and stalked by a vaguely defined, possibly-a-Zoroark-but-probably-not-because-human individual named Natural, or “Captain N” for short (or “N” for shorty-short).

Zesty Riches 2: Kwontum Kookyloon is the sequel to Zesty Riches, and follows the adventures of Rose Narset/Nathan Karn across a version of Unova that’s fractured at the quantum level, with reality flipping between two different versions of the same story (but in reality it’s a simple matter of writing each minisode, copy-pasting it, and changing several character names and version-exclusive things.)

The Missing Letters of Lophone is the refreshing tale of seven kids (but mostly protagonists Alex Perry and Zoey Byrde) as they are charged to complete three Pokédexes by the esteemed Professor Augustine Sycamore, which is actually a convenient means of recruiting volunteers to study Mega Evolution, which itself is actually a convenient means of recruiting volunteers to explore the deeper mysteries of why and how the whole of Pokéreality is changing all over the place…

Oh, and Team Flare is up to no good.

Because some things never change… Cloy vey… Pokémon Fanficles: Behind-the-Backstage - Destination Someplace 1625187496

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)