Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? Empty Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor?

August 23rd 2020, 5:35 pm
I've been giving it alot of thought and sadly, I feel that Nintendo might not be releasing a new Mario Kart this generation which is absolutely disheartening. Even if this is the case, perhaps we'll still get a couple more DLC exclusive to the Deluxe version of MK8. What do you guys think?

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? 19654

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? 87457210

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? Empty Re: Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor?

August 23rd 2020, 6:53 pm
@Towafan7 But they HAVE released a new Mario Kart game, just... not on a dedicated console. Say what you will about mobile games, but Mario Kart Tour is definitely a well-polished, high quality experience that offers plenty of content without even spending a SINGLE [your local currency]. Add the fact that tours rotate every two weeks, with each fresh set of cups bringing new goodies to unlock, and you have a mobile game that deserves its place in the franchise. victory

Perhaps I could write a review of it, as well as some of the other options, for the site? Nintendo's come a long way since Super Mario Run (which, by the way, isn't as bad as everyone claims, at least not for the reasons they believe), so it'd at least share the deets on the actually positive aspects of each rather than focus on the negative. Wink

Plus, it'd be nice to play MKT with friends rather than random strangers I haven't met before... busy
Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? Empty Re: Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor?

August 23rd 2020, 7:20 pm
@GeekyGamerJack Mobile doesn't count, ew. Bored/What the...?

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? Star_o10
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

August 29th 2020, 3:06 am
@Staroceancrazy I'm sorry... Sad
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

August 30th 2020, 7:20 pm
Nani?! Mobile you say? Is that another word for those newfangled phone cellular thingamajigs? Mad

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? 19654

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? 87457210

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? Bleach10

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 1st 2020, 2:10 am
@Towafan7 It's funny because Cranky Kong isn't playable yet. lol!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 4th 2020, 5:47 am

KeAfan7 likes this post

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 7th 2020, 10:56 pm

Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

September 12th 2020, 5:58 am
No, I don't think they will come out with a new Mario Kart game for the switch. Wouldn't mind some new DLC tracks though.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 12th 2020, 6:43 am
@Towafan7 @Sneaker Nintendo's put a lot of effort into the updated retro courses in MKT, as well as adding a bunch of new characters, karts etc., some or all of which could very well be intended as future AOC for MK8 Deluxe.

Some noteworthy revisions and additions that come to mind include:
Courses
SNES Ghost Valley 1
SNES Vanilla Lake 1
N64 Frappe Snowland
N64 Choco Mountain
GBA Bowser Castle 2
DS DK Pass
DS Airship Fortress
3DS Rainbow Road

Characters
Captain Toad
Peachette
Dixie Kong
Pauline
Goomba
Monty Mole
King Bob-omb
Red Koopa Troopa
Hammer Bro
Boomerang Bro
Fire Bro
Ice Bro

And that's not counting the various alternate costume variants and returning characters, including Funky Kong ("Eee!" XD ) and new yellow and light-blue palette swaps for Birdo... hm... the more I consider the idea, the more convinced I become... Wink

Amufungal likes this post

Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!

December 21st 2020, 2:27 am
@BlueRangerJack Also you forgot to mention that Birdo is in MKT. Smile

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

December 21st 2020, 2:39 am
Oh yeah... my bad, heheh... 😓

Classic pink Birdo’s back as well, and with newly recorded dialogue, no less. Nintendo has been busy keeping this installment fresh and exciting, with new content every two weeks, such as the recent team-based Mario vs. Luigi Tour! HappySurprised
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 20th 2021, 10:47 am
I wish Nintendo put as much effort in MK8DX DLC as they do for MKT

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

January 20th 2021, 10:59 am
@KokorOtaku I still feel that the revamped versions of Vanilla Lake 1, Choco Mountain, Sunset Wilds etc. are intended as part of the impending DLC content for MK8DX. victory
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

January 20th 2021, 11:51 am
BlueWaverJack32 wrote:@KokorOtaku I still feel that the revamped versions of Vanilla Lake 1, Choco Mountain, Sunset Wilds etc. are intended as part of the impending DLC content for MK8DX. victory
I hope so, but it’s been 4 years almost so I’m doubtful

Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!

March 7th 2021, 11:41 am
We just need an exclusive Switch Mario Kart that isn't a glorified RC toy lol. Rolling Eyes

Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

March 17th 2022, 3:52 am
Aqua Cherry Blossom wrote:We just need an exclusive Switch Mario Kart that isn't a glorified RC toy lol. Rolling Eyes
NintendoPuristDirect wrote:@KokorOtaku Uh... Ask and ye shall receive, I guess? Razz
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

April 16th 2022, 6:56 pm
This maybe controversial but I kinda hope Nintendos strategy moving forward with MK, AC and Smash bros is to 1, have 100% backwards compatibly from here on out and 2, for these games to rotate every couple of years with DLC, like once MK8DX booster pass is done start showing off new SSB DLC and randomly drop a big AC update down the like because it feels odd to add in repeated stuff to a game if that time spent could be used adding in new stuff and they can still charge $60 for the new content as if it were a new game, heck we could end up with more content then normal

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 20th 2022, 10:32 am
@KokorOtaku That'd be cool! Hopefully the next booster pass will have new courses, characters, battle maps, and maybe a new power-up or two! Wink

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

April 20th 2022, 10:37 am
I will also say it is convenient that they updated MK8DX a tiny bit from 2017 until shortly after SSBU was announced and now there’s no more Smash they go back to MK8DX

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 20th 2022, 3:40 pm
@Towafan7 Agreed wholeheartedly. Nintendo themselves have stated how they intend to focus more on Expansion Passes in future, to help reinvigorate already amazing Nintendo Switch games; in fact, I’m sure someone mentioned the idea of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as a platform for expansion, as it’s already the absolute best MK experience on any console. Do You Think That Mario Kart 9 Will Release on The Nintendo Switch or Its Successor? 631737971

@KokorOtaku I support Nintendo’s decision to effectively double the scope of MK8DX as a way to keep the momentum going, especially after adding a whole extra Fighters’ Pass to SSBU, a whole extra game mode to ACNH, and regular new content in so many other games… victory

Also, the Expansion Pass in SwSh is easily an ingenious move on GAME FREAK’s part, as it means the base installments become the enhanced versions a year or so later, without needing to be released as a separate full priced game that must be played through all over again just to access the new content. Pikachu

KokorOtaku likes this post

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

April 21st 2022, 9:11 am
I’m also curious if Nintendo would ever be able to have a new AC, MK or Smash sell as much as these in the future making it better to have an already established install base of 35, 50, 25 million respectively that could get 20 million sales in DLC as opposed to 10 million in a new game if they have another WiiU moment

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 21st 2022, 10:58 am
@KokorOtaku Good point, though eventually they will if something is not possible that they want to implement in said games. That said I can't imagine that will happen until after whatever Nintendo's next hybrid console will be is set out to pasture. P.S. there's a lot of people who think Nintendo won't release another hybrid and will go full handheld next generation, but that's not gonna happen. There are WAY TOO MANY console only gamers to ignore. Most handheld gamers also play home consoles, but there are very few handheld only gamers and the one's out there are primarily mobile gamers. Mad

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

April 25th 2022, 8:30 pm
@KokorOtaku I forgot to mention that Level-5 already beat GAME FREAK to that strategy with the Western release of Yo-kai Watch Blasters, by releasing the Moon Rabbit Crew version as a free add-on for both Red Cat Corps (my version) and White Dog Squad (the other one). :usapyon:

@Towafan7 I anticipate Nintendo Switch as the first system since the original Game Boy (counting GBC) to last multiple console generations, perhaps even outpacing its ancestor by a year or more. If it ain’t broke, don’t replace it, right? victory
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)