Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Off-Key, But Not Broken!

Review: My First Songs (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_105

My First Songs is a childrens karaoke app that was developed and published by Ringzero Game Studio and was released on the Wii U eshop in North America back in April of 2014! Is My First Songs a quality app or is it a quick cash-grab? Keep reading to find out what we thought of the game based on a child's perspective!

First off My First Songs does a good job at making the karaoke experience fun for kids with its singing farm animals and other animations during the songs, and there are plenty of childrens favorites in the song-list, however there are a few issues with the game. First of all the microphone clearly isn't calibrated as well as it should be as there were many cases when I said the right lyrics at the right time and it wasn't registered on the game as the correct lyrics. Secondly there are some other bugs that caused the app the freeze which was quite cumbersome. Thankfully, however those bugs aren't too common.

Review: My First Songs (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_106

Another thing that struck us as being odd is the lack of Off-TV support in this game, which would have been a great feature and just feels like a missed opportunity on the developer's part. Visually this game has bright, colorful, and highly cheerful, yet detailed graphics! Each song has it's own unique animated video that plays during the karaoke session that fits the currently selected song and they look great! The music is high quality and even though adults will be embarrassed singing these tunes, "unless they are singing along with their own children" these songs are without a doubt perfect for young children!

Review: My First Songs (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_108

Bottom-Line:

With gameplay that can be fun for the target audience, great visuals, and excellent soundtrack My First Songs can provide hours of fun for young children, however many technical issues and poor design decisions severely hurt the game's score, but no doubt there will be some people who would like this game so it certainly isn't shovelware and as such we give this game a decent recommendation for Wii U owners with young children!

Price: $9.99/£8.99/€9.99

Score:

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ 6/10

Last edited by Rukiafan on August 17th 2014, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: My First Songs (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: My First Songs (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: My First Songs (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
August 15th 2014, 1:31 pmKeAfan7
This review is finally live! Sorry for the delay. Wink
Ulqiorrathegreat
August 16th 2014, 11:34 amUlqiorrathegreat
It must have been torture reviewing a game meant for five year olds. Twisted Evil
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)