Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Fish Eat Fish World!

Review: EvoFish (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s50

Gameplay And Controls:

The rules of the game are simple, you must eat smaller fish and avoud being eaten by the larger ones which might seem easy, but during later evolutions there will be almost as many fish that are larger than you as there are fish that you can eat. To counter this balance issue the game features many power-up's such as the bomb which kills all fish surrounding you and the shield which temporarily protects you from larger fish. There are many other power-ups to find in the game!

The game features 4 different fish to select, however you must reach evolution level 12 with the previous fish before unlocking the next one. Each fish has different stats which makes each fish a challenge to master! There are two single player modes which are Normal and Survival. In Normal Mode your score is what makes your fish evolve whereas Survival Mode is all about avoiding larger fish so you will evolve based on how long you have survived! You will still have to eat smaller fish in Survival Mode to add time to your hourglass, if time runs out you will lose.

Review: EvoFish (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s51

The party modes are extremely enjoyable, more than the single player modes. In party play you and up to four friends can compete or try to eat eachother in the ultimate test of survival. If it weren't for these multiplayer modes the game would feel quite shallow.

The controls are silky smooth and very responsive on the Gamepad, however the Wii Remote and other control schemes for players 2-5 in party mode aren't as perfect. Some issues include delayed button relay among other issues, but these only occur once per every 2-3 games so it's not a game-breaking issue, but it's still a nuisance nonetheless.

Review: EvoFish (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s52

Graphics And Sounds:

The visuals in Evofish look quite nice for a game that started its life on IOS, but the lack of variety such as every playable fish looking extremely similar to one another "especially during earlier evolutions" and having just one stage to play in this fight for survival really hurts the game's score on the visual side.

The music on the other hand sounds very good with a tropical upbeat theme that plays during the game and many different arcade styled sound effects it sounds pretty good, however the lack of variety when it comes to the music does make the music become somewhat repetitive during lengthy play sessions, but overall it's not much of an issue!

Review: EvoFish (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s53

Bottom-Line:

With terrific multiplayer modes, smooth controls "at least on the Gamepad", nice visuals, and superb music EvoFish is a good game for its price, however control issues with the Wii Remotes during multiplayer can make multiplayer frustrating at times, while the lack of variety in-terms of its visuals and audio does make the game somewhat repetitive, especially on the single player modes which aren't nearly as fun as the multiplayer modes. Overall this game is well worth $5 and we would recommend it if you have a few friends who are willing to play the game with you.

Score: 7.5/10

Review: EvoFish (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: EvoFish (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: EvoFish (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Staroceancrazy
April 10th 2014, 12:15 pmStaroceancrazy
I'm surprised by the positive review Surprised
I might consider downloading this sometime in the future Very Happy
Anonymous
April 10th 2014, 12:51 pmGuest
Evofish looks pretty, but I don't think I'll bite! I love you
Amufungal
April 14th 2014, 12:16 pmAmufungal
Nice review Smile