Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
SMB3 Will Be Making Waves As Well!

photo 0e2b212f-82c7-41bb-b543-2741fe183bb6_zps5f451241.jpg

If you're as excited as we are about the arrival of Gameboy Advance games for the Wii U Virtual Console service then we have terrific news for you as Nintendo of America has announced that many GBA games are going to be released on the service starting on April 3rd! The line-up looks quite impressive and there will be several releases each week which will at least temporarily bring an end to the Wii U Virtual Console drought that North America and Europe have been experiencing! Here's a list of confirmed upcoming titles that are headed to the Wii U Virtual Console Service:

April 3rd:

• Advance Wars ($7.99)

• Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga ($7.99)

• Metroid Fusion ($7.99)

April 10th:

• WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! ($6.99)

• Kirby & The Amazing Mirror ($6.99)

April 17th:

• Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) ($4.99)

• Golden Sun ($7.99)

• F-Zero: Maximum Velocity ($6.99)

April 24th:

• Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island ($7.99)

photo 6d859ec7-1c24-4338-9fda-5b1d3d2082e0_zpse7bd642e.jpg

That's quite a release schedule for GBA titles for the Wii U Virtual Console! If you looked carefully at the list you probably noticed that Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES is also going to be released in North America on April 17th! So what do you think of the Virtual Console releases for the month of April? Which games will you be downloading? Let us know in our comments!

eshop: GBA Games Arrive On The North American Wii U Virtual Console Starting April 3rd! 19654

eshop: GBA Games Arrive On The North American Wii U Virtual Console Starting April 3rd! 87457210

eshop: GBA Games Arrive On The North American Wii U Virtual Console Starting April 3rd! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
At least WiiU VC is getting better, but all these games should be on 3DS as well (although I have a few on my XL already)
KeAfan7
I wonder if any third party GBA games will be released during the month of April?
Staroceancrazy
Those are awesome games and the prices aren't too high either Exclamation
Most of these games will be mine! Very Happy
Neptune
I have never played a game in the Golden Sun series so this will be my chance to see what the hype for the series is about!
Hopefully Nintendo will release Golden Sun 2 and the third and final Golden Sun for the DS on the Wii U virtual console!
RyanNerdyGamer
I don't yet own a Wii U... Crying or Very sad
KokorOtaku
I wonder how quick we'll get N64 and DS games on VC? (hopefully this year)
KeAfan7
Romantaku wrote:I wonder how quick we'll get N64 and DS games on VC? (hopefully this year)
DS games are scheduled to launch sometime in June, but there's no word on when N64 games will come to the Wii U Virtual Console. Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
Rukiafan wrote:
Romantaku wrote:I wonder how quick we'll get N64 and DS games on VC? (hopefully this year)
DS games are scheduled to launch sometime in June, but there's no word on when N64 games will come to the Wii U Virtual Console. Wink
Let's not forget GCN games. eshop: GBA Games Arrive On The North American Wii U Virtual Console Starting April 3rd! 631737971
KokorOtaku
@Rukia where'd you hear June?!
RyanNerdyGamer
I have 15 GBA games (and an original GBA), so I'm not in a tremendous rush for GBA games right now. Still, it's nice that a new option is there for Wii U owners. Very Happy
KokorOtaku
Added to my wishlist
RyanNerdyGamer
Romantaku wrote:Added to my wishlist
Wishlist?!
KokorOtaku
Yeah on the eShop you can put games on a wishlist
Clαππαd
Romantaku wrote:@Rukia where'd you hear June?!
I believe it was mentioned during the investors meeting back in February. Smile
Clαππαd
In case you're wondering it's me Clannad in disguise for this year's big April Fools prank. Razz
FM_Alchemist
I'm downloading most of the games sooner or later.
KokorOtaku
I just thought it said coming period not a spacific month being announced
NINTENBRO
I'm most definitely going to download Superstar Saga & Metroid Fusion.
Anonymous
Romantaku wrote:I just thought it said coming period not a spacific month being announced
I heard the same thing.
There was an article posted here at WiiWareWave just after the investors meeting that explained that DS games were going to start being released for Wii U in June! I love you
Anonymous
NINTENBRO82 wrote:I'm most definitely going to download Superstar Saga & Metroid Fusion.
If you liked Super Mario RPG you will fall in love with Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga! I love you
It is more fun than the similar Super Mario RPG and has funnier dialog than Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door! I love you
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Is F-Zero: Maximum Velocity as good as the first F-Zero game for the Super Nintendo?
Staroceancrazy
Nepgear wrote:Is F-Zero: Maximum Velocity as good as the first F-Zero game for the Super Nintendo?
I have no idea, but I heard that the other two GBA F-Zero games are far better than Maximum Velocity.
Aussiegamer
We Australians are getting Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on the 25th of April as the first third party Gameboy Advanced title! :-D
KokorOtaku
We're so close... Ugh I can't wait much longer
RyanNerdyGamer
I currently own 12.5% of those GBA games. Can you guess what they are, reader of this post? Cool
Anonymous
I decided to download all three GBA games that were released today! I love you
KeAfan7
Kushina wrote:I decided to download all three GBA games that were released today! I love you
I did the same thing so expect all 3 GBA titles released today to be reviewed before next week's eshop update. Wink
KokorOtaku
I bought the only 2 games i needed on a current gen console, although it seems weird to have a couple GBA games on WiiU and the rest on 3DS ATM
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)