Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!
Farewell to a great 3DS app

photo download8_zps7d15ec2f.jpg

One of the most useful features of the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Letter Box (aka Swapnote), has been discontinued with only a few hours' notice. The SpotPass feature has been removed to many fans' dismay. It's unfortunate that Nintendo has decided to take this course of action due to people misusing it by sending inappropriate letters and photos to strangers.

Are you disappointed by the removal of one of the most important features of the app or the fact that there was only a few hours' warning that it was going to lose said features? Be sure to let us know!

Last edited by GamerZackX on November 1st 2013, 2:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
That would be horrible since that's the main way I've been communicating with my cute Japanese friend Crying or Very sad
RyanNerdyGamer
@Otaku: Can you still chat with her on Miiverse?
KokorOtaku
Yes, but it's not the same :'( on the 3DS we shared photos of stuff we bought and I got to show her what I looked like and she said I looked pretty. She enjoyed the photos I sent to her (none inappropriate) I felt happy and I think she did to
RyanNerdyGamer
I know what you mean. It's unfortunate that this has come about by a handful of people misusing the service. Perhaps Nintendo could simply have enforced the Parental Controls by making the app unusable by people of a certain age group.
KokorOtaku
They took down Flipnote studio 3D in Japan to, I wonder if miverse 3DS is coming soon. That would be a great way to send photos to friends and write messages and would also make Swapnote and Flipnote pointless in the long run
NINTENBRO
Instead of disabling the entire SwapNote service, why couldn't Nintendo have just disabled that version of SwapNote. Then only allow adults 18 years of age or older to download an updated version on the eShop, by designating it as rated "Mature". Mature adults shouldn't have to suffer, because of some young pervert's wrongdoing's. I don't see how Nintendo could be held liable, if SwapNote was rated "Mature" on the eShop.
Staroceancrazy
There are numerous ways to block abusive users so why was this even necessary?
Clαππαd
This is really unfortunate and has me wondering why the app is still available even though its most important function has been cut from the app?
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
I'm not to happy about this, but what can I do? No
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)