Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
No Need To Worry!

photo 16_zpse3384b09.jpg

As you may have heard Atlus's parent company Index Corporation is in the midst of a financial struggle in Japan and has decided to go through civil rehabilitation proceedings, which is similar to bankruptcy, but not quite as detrimental as bankruptcy.

The American branch of Atlus had this to say at Kotaku:

"Currently, Index Digital Media, Inc. and the ATLUS brand are unaffected by the Index Corporation proceedings in Japan."

They continued on by saying:

"We’re carrying on day-to-day activities, business as usual. Shin Megami Tensei IV and Dragon’s Crown are still releasing on July 16 and August 6 respectively, and we’re licensing and publishing third-party titles such as R.I.P.D: The Game and Daylight. We want to thank all of our fans for their outpouring of support."

Are you relieved that the localization of these titles has not been affected by Atlus's parent company's financial woes? Let us know in our comments!

Shin Megami Tensei IV Still Coming To NA Despite Atlus's Parent company's Financial Issues! 19654

Shin Megami Tensei IV Still Coming To NA Despite Atlus's Parent company's Financial Issues! 87457210

Shin Megami Tensei IV Still Coming To NA Despite Atlus's Parent company's Financial Issues! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
Megatron2000
This is great news will get this game sometime. Megatron Happy
Jnes5
Rukiafan, you have the information wrong, it's Atlus's parent company Index Corporation who is in financial trouble, Atlus are just owned by them, hence why the quote you've listed was a response regarding the upcoming future of Atlus's american branch due to worry if their parent company's financial trouble is affecting them, but there isn't any update regarding the Japanese branch however.

I've updated the news article though, so no need to change it.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
This is a relief to hear.
NINTENBRO
I'm really surprised at the lack of attention this game is receiving at most gaming sites. GameFAQs seems to be the only place where anybody has really been discussing Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm glad it's still going to see a release, because I've already placed a pre-order at Amazon and can't get my money back.
ToughGamer
@Nintenbro Wait Amazon doesn't refund pre-orders on games that are cancelled?
NINTENBRO
^ They'll add the funds back into your account, but I added $50 to my Amazon account specifically for this game. If Shin Megami Tensei IV is cancelled, I'll have $50 just sitting there in my account. Which is $50 I could use for other things. Sad
Amufungal
That is still a refund, but it would still be a shame if that was why you placed money on your account in the first place Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)