Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin

Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions Empty Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions

January 17th 2013, 11:40 am
The eShop demo is now available. After playing the demo, I can honestly say right now is that this is the most polish 3DS title I played so far especially when viewing on my 3DS XL.

Newcomers will definitely appreciate this entry thanks to the option of selecting causal mode, which where fallen allies can come back after completing the chapter. Classic mode where fallen allies are lost forever is still present for veterans of the series.

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions Empty Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions

January 17th 2013, 12:21 pm
Thanks for the head's up on the demo. Wink

Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions 19654

Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions 87457210

Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

January 17th 2013, 12:48 pm
How many blocks does this demo require? I only have 4,000 blocks left on my 2 GB SD card, after downloading "Unchained Blades". Also, what's the largest SD card that Nintendo recommends using in the 3DS?

Admin

January 17th 2013, 12:57 pm
You Need
Nintenbro wrote:How many blocks does this demo require? I only have 4,000 blocks left on my 2 GB SD card, after downloading "Unchained Blades". Also, what's the largest SD card that Nintendo recommends using in the 3DS?

You will need 1,024 open blocks to download the demo. The full game requires over 8,000 (1 GB).

I use a 16 GB Lexar SDHC card which contains over 120,000 open blocks.

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

January 17th 2013, 1:34 pm
Thanks for the quick response SkywardL, but I'll probably purchase a SanDisk or Kingston SD card. Those two brands have never let me down, and I have O.C.D. Very Happy

Does anybody know the largest SD card that will function optimally in the 3DS?

Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

January 17th 2013, 2:52 pm
I hope Nintendo does an update that allows more then a 32GB/128GB FAT to be played, since ima going to DL all my titles from now on, I have a 32GB and I'm kinda getting scared I have 209004 blocks left, after FEA, SSB4, AC NL, and the hope to DL others it may get used up quick....

January 17th 2013, 3:01 pm
Yeah, I'll probably purchase a Class 10 SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC card. Fire Emblem: Awakening impressions 631737971

Admin

January 17th 2013, 4:32 pm
If you want to Pair 2 characters together, select a character and press A when highlighting a second character and select Pair and they'll be sharing a same square.

Pairing characters will increase stats to the leading character, and all enemies will target the leading character only. Fortunately, you can switch position when one is low on health.

In battle, the leader gets to attack first while the chained character will join in base on chance. You can determine the percentage of a double attack before going into battle animation and viewing the bottom left corner of the top screen.

Hope this mechanic interest you.

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

January 17th 2013, 8:02 pm
I'm definitely going to try out the demo, but I wish Atlus was going to realease a demo for Etrian Odyssey IV. I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford both games, and I've never played any games in either series. If you had to, which game do you guys think you would choose?

January 18th 2013, 1:35 pm
I tried the demo out last night, and OMG! This RPG is going to be fricken amazing! A definite purchase for anybody who loves a good RPG. If NLife gave Unchained Blades an 8 out of 10, they'll need to award Fire Emblem with a perfect 10 out of 10. I think I'll be purchasing an SD card, so I can download the digital copy. I mean, what's the point of purchasing a cartridge, if you're going to be downloading DLC anyways. It's not like I'm going to trade the game in and leave all of the DLC useless.

Admin

January 18th 2013, 4:27 pm
Letting everyone know right now that I'll be reviewing Fire Emblem: Awakening and hopefully post it before the end of February

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

January 18th 2013, 9:52 pm
Another gaming review on WiiWareWave is always a good thing, but I doubt there'll be much questioning this game. I know I can't wait to download this game on the 4th. I'm purchasing a 32 GB SD card, just because of this game and any other retail, VC or 3DSWare that I might choose to download in the future.

Admin

January 24th 2013, 6:08 pm
If your interested, Click here to view all the characters in the game with little profile details.

The official site also reveals varied character designs for your avatar.

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

February 5th 2013, 1:25 am
So far, I've only played up until chapter five, and I can already tell this game is going to become very addictive. I unlocked the "Outrealm Gate," so I was able to download the "Champions of Yore 1" map pack for free. This is the best damn tatical RPG I've ever played before. I don't think it can get much better than this, but I'm sure it will somehow. Very Happy

Last edited by Nintenbro on February 5th 2013, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

February 5th 2013, 2:48 pm
Starting my first playthrough on Hard difficulty in Classic mode since I previously completed The Sacred Stones.

Yep, definitely not recommended for newcomers on that setting.

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

February 5th 2013, 2:56 pm
Since this is my first introduction to the series, I'm playing through the game on Normal difficulty & Classic mode, of course.

Admin

February 5th 2013, 8:58 pm
Here's a tip

If you're going to grind, I recommend that you turn off the battle animations during optional monster encounters and side quest so you don't have to spend a lot of time grinding. Seeing chibi fighting is adorable.

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

February 6th 2013, 1:57 am
Chapter five was the longest and best battle yet! But I hope the difficulty doesn't ramp up too much in six. My renown is only at 70, so I received some glass sword that breaks very easily. Wow! Thanks! Very Happy

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)