Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 5:27 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
eShop Announcement Overload (North America) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6lsNmsQ4fNsefqIXpPleL_R1n0XWPKjyhppYUcMAGijFYcHSSdA

I don't understand why there isn't a Nintendo Direct for North America, because today there are a ton of exciting announcements for the Nintendo 3DS eShop (more exciting than Mario DLC in my opinion).

First up is the Crashmo (image above), the sequel to Pushmo. The block are no longer stationary, new gravity mechanics and gadgets. The pulling block staircases will now need to be balance or they will be crashing down. Crashmo arrives both North America and Europe on November 22.

Fluidity: Spin Cycle arrives on Dec. 27

eShop Announcement Overload (North America) 14_full

Three Japaneses titles known as Guild 01, from Level -5, will be releasing at some point before the end of the year. Suda 51's LIBERATION MAIDEN, now available in Europe, is a Japanese arcade shooter with touch screen controls and the female protagonist is the president of Japan. Did I mention that it's Japanese?

eShop Announcement Overload (North America) Logo_2

The second Guild 01 title is AERO PORTER from Yoot Saito, responsible for the Sega Dreamcast classic Seaman. It's an airport simulator and managing baggage.

eShop Announcement Overload (North America) Logo_3

The third Guild 01 title is CRIMSON SHROUD from Yasumi Matsuno, concept for Ogre Battle 64 and director of Final Fantasy Tactics. It's an Adventure RPG.

Some previous First-Party titles will be available Digital on October 18; Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7. Unfortunately, the price tag for each is $39.99 (unacceptable). Other previous Nintendo releases will eventually be announce.

More demos are arriving with no release plan:

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d you steal our garbage?!!
Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
Moshi Monsters: Moshlings
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

More Virtual Console arriving with release date

Mario Golf (launches Oct. 11)
Castlevania: The Adventure (launches Oct. 25)
Ninja Gaiden (launches Nov. Cool
Zelda II – The Adventure of Link (launches Nov. 22)
Wario Land II (launches Dec. 20)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (launches Dec. 27)

Are you excited for the Nintendo eShop more than ever? Are you disappointed that there's no Nintendo Direct video for me to post? Leave your Welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by SkywardL on October 4th 2012, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
October 4th 2012, 1:03 pmKokorOtaku
Such great news even if it wasn't GBA games
KeAfan7
October 4th 2012, 2:07 pmKeAfan7
Things are starting to improve in the eshop. Wink
NINTENBRO
October 4th 2012, 2:53 pmNINTENBRO
I'm seriously thinking about pre-ordering a copy of Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed - BONUS EDITION, and I'm definitely going to eventually download Wario Land II & Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. I loved the crisp clarity of the Super Mario Bros. eShop emulation, and I hope The Lost Levels emulation is just as beautiful. I'm also interested in Ninja Gaiden; although, I still have Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword & GameGear Shinobi left to tackle. WHY DO I WANT TO DOWNLOAD SO MANY DAMN SAMURAI/NINJA GAMES?! Very Happy

I'm not completely sure about Fluidity: Spin Cycle, because the tilt/gyro controls are just way too awkward for my taste. I'm sure they could have implemented the tilt/gyro contols in a manner which wouldn't force the player to spin their 3DS around in a ridiculous full 360 degree circle. I don't know about you, but I don't happen to enjoy playing videogames when there's a ton of fingerprints all over the screen's. I can also easily imagine the player accidentally dropping their 3DS during the process of playing the game with this method of control, and that would just suck Donkey Kong d!¢κ! Fluidity was absolutely fantastic, and it would kind of be a shame if I was to skip the sequel.

I'm highly doubtful about how successful Nintendo's digtal retail sale's will be, because most of those retail titles listed above can be obtained through other much more affordable methods such as Amazon & eBay. Some type of eShop discount would definitely be a welcome incentive and would most likely increase Nintendo's chance's for successful digital retail sale's, but we all know how stubborn Nintendo is. Very Happy

Last edited by Nintenbro on October 4th 2012, 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
KokorOtaku
October 4th 2012, 3:12 pmKokorOtaku
I'm getting Wario Land II, Crashmo, Layton, Paper Mario, Mario golf. And I'll also be transferring the data from MK7 and 3D Land to digital form Smile
Staroceancrazy
October 5th 2012, 10:34 amStaroceancrazy
Why is Nintendo charging full price for digital retail downloads? Shocked
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)