Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer

Total Votes : 8          

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Requires More Lives Than 101 Cats Possess!

Indie developer Nicalis inc. the masterminds responsible for the North American release of top tier indie titles such as Cave Story are releasing the truly challenging 8-bit retro title 1001 Spikes a platformer where you try to beat the game's super challenging dungeon with 1001 lives at your disposal! The Wii U eshop version will feature an exclusive multiplayer mode for you and up to three of your friends to tackle! In the latest trailer shown above characters from other indie titles such as Cave Story and Knytt Stories will be playable in the game!

Here is the description from the game's official page on the Nintendo website:

Jim Hawkins, the world-renowned archaeologist, has gone missing while exploring the frozen reaches of Antarctica.

Before his disappearance, he entrusted his daughter Tina with a map to the long forgotten ruins of Ukampa Temple in South America, along with a letter warning that death waits behind its every corner.

In that letter, he posed a challenge to his estranged son, Aban Hawkins: to venture forth into the deadly ruins in search of a legendary treasure rumored to lie behind the Golden Door of Poko-Mum.

Can Aban survive the endless traps of Ukampa and surpass his famous father once and for all?

Are you happy with this game's release date? And will you be supporting this title when it releases on the Wii U eshop? Let us know in our comments below!

eshop: 1001 Spikes Skewers Its Way Onto The Wii U eshop On June 3rd In North America! 19654

eshop: 1001 Spikes Skewers Its Way Onto The Wii U eshop On June 3rd In North America! 87457210

eshop: 1001 Spikes Skewers Its Way Onto The Wii U eshop On June 3rd In North America! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Chickgoboom
This is an insta download! I have been waiting forever for this game to finally come to the Wii U Smile
FM_Alchemist
I'm looking forward to this game's release!
SuperVash
Day one purchase!
NINTENBRO
Does anybody know if the 3DS version will actually be in stereoscopic 3D?
KeAfan7
It'll be in in semi 3D, but not full stereoscopic 3D or so I've heard. Wink
KeAfan7
The Wii U version will support the Wii U Gamepad, and Wii Remote NES style "held sideways". It will also have Miiverse features in both versions of the game. Wink
Zatchbell
This is gonna be a awesome game!
Elza
I would buy this day one if I had enough money, but it doesn't look like I will so I'll have to wait. Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)