Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin

[Confirmed] Wii U Box Art Released WiiUAvengers

For those who haven't yet visit Nintendo Ninja News, our partner site, there has been some Wii U box art leaked from Amazon (Canada).

[Confirmed] Wii U Box Art Released WiiUJustDance4
[Confirmed] Wii U Box Art Released SoulCalicbur2

The first thing to point out is the fact that the Wii U box art is identical to Gamecube box art designs.

[Confirmed] Wii U Box Art Released WiiUAssassinsCreed3

What's more interesting is the fact that the only Wii U titles already receiving the box art are Avengers: Battle for Earth, Just Dance 4, and Assassin’s Creed III. This leads to speculation that the Wii U might be launching around the same time as one of these three titles, less likely to launch around the launch date for Just Dance 4 (October 9). Wii U might be launching between October 30, launch date for Assassin's Creed III, and November 20, similar launch window for Wii.

Update
Ubisoft has confirmed to Gametrailers that these Wii U box art designs are real, "legit". Keep in mind that all Wii U retail titles are going to be digital as well, that could be the reason for the lack of creativity from Nintendo. Perhaps, The Gamecube similarity might be hinted that Nintendo is bring back the generation of serious first and third party hitters such as Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4.

Do you like the Wii U box art? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Last edited by SkywardL on August 7th 2012, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
August 7th 2012, 10:44 amRena Ryuugu Fanboy
I think these are just Photoshop images, the real design will be more original.
Aussiegamer
August 7th 2012, 11:07 amAussiegamer
I agree with ReverseInverse Nintendo won't reuse those old Gamecube box-art designs.
Tasuki
August 7th 2012, 3:52 pmTasuki
ReverseInverse wrote:I think these are just Photoshop images, the real design will be more original.

I dont know a few places are using this box art now, including Target, and Gamestop.

As for the box art I kinda like it. Its better than the Wii box art.
SkywardL
August 7th 2012, 10:58 pmSkywardL
Update Smile

I forgot to mention that these were all Ubisoft titles just in case you haven't figure that out already.
KingreX32
August 8th 2012, 7:22 amKingreX32
I figured they would be White instead of Blue. No matter though. I like the Blue.
gamerace
August 8th 2012, 8:23 amgamerace
Not loving the look myself. I guess they wanted to really differentiate the WiiU games from Wii games to avoid any confusion like they had with DS/3DS
Aqua Cherry Blossom
August 8th 2012, 11:23 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Not a fan of the new look.
KingreX32
August 10th 2012, 9:36 amKingreX32
Its ok for me. But It could be better.
Komicturtle
August 10th 2012, 9:40 amKomicturtle
Curious to know if they'll be throwing in the "Only For" tag like they used to. Kinda miss those small details.
KingreX32
August 11th 2012, 10:25 amKingreX32
LOL. Probablty not.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)