Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by: KingreX32

WiiU will use the Wiimote to drag objects to WiiU controller  WiiUWiimotepatent

An interesting new patent for the WiiU has shown up, apparently the WiiU will utilise the wiimote for moving things from your TVs to the WiiU Controller or vise versa.

(Kinda like How Tony Stark does in the Ironman Movies)

WiiU will use the Wiimote to drag objects to WiiU controller  StarkTakesOver-

The Patent filed describes the technology in the form of a minigame; where players have to grab an object to get it away from an enemy. For example think of the shooting range game in Wii Play (the first one), you remember the part where you had to save the Miis from the UFO’s? Well picture this, instead of shooting the UFO’s your instead trying to save the Miis by grabbing them from your TV screen and dragging them to the WiiU Controller.
WiiU will use the Wiimote to drag objects to WiiU controller  704

WiiU will use the Wiimote to drag objects to WiiU controller  WiiUWiimotepatent2

Cool huh? The patent application was filed on Oct. 7, 2011 (Nov. 17, 2010 in Japan), and the authors listed are Kenichi Nishida, Takayuki Shimamura, and Yoshikazu Yamashita. I think it’s safe to assume that this will be an awesome gameplay element. Imagine playing Zelda, and picking up an item by pointing at it on the screen and putting it into your bag by dragging it to the WiiU controller, or calling back your pokemon by picking up the ball and putting it back on your belt/Wiipad. The Possibilities are endless. Tell us what you think or your ideas for this feature in the comments.

Sources, Gametrailers.com, Nintendo World Report.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiU will use the Wiimote to drag objects to WiiU controller  Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Staroceancrazy
How am I supposed to hold the WiiU controller and a Wiimote at the same time? I don't think any human could accomplish that regardless of their hand size Prinny
I like the concept, but are you kidding me!?

@DinosaurusRex Razz The pictures aren't showing up on the Wii internet channel Neutral
Ms_Kinomoto
Um...how do hold that big controller thingy and a Wii controller? Shocked
KingreX32
I dont things you will have to have the wiimote in your hand at the same time. Plus For A game like the UFO one you could simply put the WiiPad on your Lap.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)