Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by: KingreX32. April 12th 2012

Runner 2 “may” be coming to WiiU Runner2logo

Last year in October Wii Owners were heart broken to find out that Bit Trip “Runner 2” was not coming to the Wii console. The Reason for this was because "the Wii cannot handle the game," according to Gaijin Games Alex Neuse.

Fast Forward to April 2012 news is beginning to surface on the internet that Runner 2 might make an appearance on the Nintendo WiiU instead. For those of you who are not familiar with the series here is a brief history, to date there are 6 games in the Bit Trip Series all released on Wii. The series is unique for its use of Chiptune music and intentional Atari 2600 looking graphics. In 2011 it Trip Complete was released containing all six games on one disk.

Runner 2 “may” be coming to WiiU Runner2

In an interview with Push Square Mr Neuse stated that the Gaijin Games team did have a WiiU dev kit and that the game (Runner 2) would be coming out around October-November, hinting that it may in fact be on the new console. This isn’t fact though as nothing has been confirmed. Further hinting at a WiiU release when Asked “What excites you about the Wii U tablet controller?” He had this to say “I have to think of it in terms of Runner2 now — thinking about it broadly would be too much — but if we were to do a Wii U version, what if you could have a pick-up in the game that reveals hidden bonuses and stuff that you can’t see on your screen but have to hold the controller up? You’re still playing but it’s sort of like an X-ray vision”
Despite all the hints and supposedly dropped info Gaijin had plans for Runner 2 on the HD Consoles before the WiiUs announcement. Considering the fact that the WiiU’s specs are similar to PS3/360 specs it shouldn’t be hard to port the game over. As it stands now the game may or may not come to the console, but I’m sure we can expect it sometime in the near future.

You can read the full Push Square Interview here

Sources Joystiq and Nintendo Life

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Runner 2 “may” be coming to WiiU Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

XenobladeYuki
April 12th 2012, 5:42 pmXenobladeYuki
Sweet. Runner 2 “may” be coming to WiiU 631737971
Marth
April 13th 2012, 11:48 amMarth
I never got to play the original, but this looks promising. I'll bet it's indeed coming to the WiiU, given how they phrased things.
Mouser
April 13th 2012, 12:42 pmMouser
More bit trip cool! Cool
Biorn the Viking
April 13th 2012, 2:10 pmBiorn the Viking
I am both happy and sad. Super happy to see Gaijin continuing the Bit Trip series because no matter how many Bit Trip games they make each is unique and fun in its own way. Sad to hear it won't be on Wii. Sad The game looks very nice though.
KingreX32
April 13th 2012, 8:48 pmKingreX32
Honestly as cool and good looking the is. I still prefer the original look. the 2d Atari 2600 feel
Megatron2000
April 15th 2012, 2:55 pmMegatron2000
@KingreX32 I disagree Runner was the only game in the original Bit-Trip series that felt more like a modern game than an Atari 2600 game |/
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)