Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by: KingreX32

Is GTA5 Coming to WiiU? GTA5logo

Late last year gamers were given the first look at GTA5 through a Trailer Released by Rockstar. Fans of the series got their collective shoes on and did the happy dance. (Me included). As usual Rockstar didn’t give a Release Date in the trailer but at least we knew the game existed.

Not too much is known about the game; all we know is that it MAY Take place in a City Called Vinewood, and that MAYBE some characters from the games may make an appearance. The games appearance on WiiU though is not a concrete fact as initially it was suggested by Analyst group Sterne Agee that the game may possibly be made for the console. When asked weather or not Rockstar titles would be making an Appearance on Nintendo’s New Console Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick had this to say “We’ll see. We are looking at it seriously and at the relationship with Nintendo.”
Personally, when GTA Chinatown Wars was released on the DS a few years ago it was a Massive surprise to me; so I am hopeful that the game will make an appearance on the new console.

What about you Wii owners and Potential Future WiiU owners, what are your thoughts on this.

Trailer

Sources
TechnoBuffallo and Beefjack

Last edited by KingreX32 on March 21st 2012, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Is GTA5 Coming to WiiU? Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

FuManchu
March 21st 2012, 4:55 pmFuManchu
Grand Theft WiiU will never happen, since Nintendo does not approve of such offensive violence just look back at the 80's and 90's they have begun to allow some violence in games on their consoles, but no way in hell are they going to allow a 256-bit HD Grand Theft Auto game to be released on their console. Ninja Gaiden 3 is okay since it's good vs. evil instead of some guy robing, killing, and raping end rant. Mad
KingreX32
March 21st 2012, 5:22 pmKingreX32
Dragoon wrote:Grand Theft WiiU will never happen, since Nintendo does not approve of such offensive violence. Mad

Really cause in GTA China Town Wars For the DS , You sell drugs on the street and get points for it. You also get points for starting gang wars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Chinatown_Wars

In Manhunt 2 (released on Wii and PS2) you play as some phycho path who brutally murders people. And with Wiis controllers, the violence was very viseral. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_2

Lets not forget Madworld where you are sawing people in half with chainsaws and bludgeoning them to death with various different weapons, like spiked bats and broken bottles. The deadly finishers, gory, brutal and filled with massive amounts of blood. Don’t believe me? read my review. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MadWorld

Lets not forget the scores of other games , like No More Heroes, House of the Dead Overkill, , Dead Space Extraction (full of gore, swearing and disturbing images, like most of the games on this list) Resident Evil 4, Driver Parallel Lines with is basically a watered down GTA game.

So yeah Nintendo has allowed Many many Super Ultra violent games on their Consoles over the years. SO GTA5 is a game i would still expect to make an appearance on the thing.

SKTTR
March 21st 2012, 6:08 pmSKTTR
Don't forget Scarface: The World Is Yours (Wii) where you deal cocaine, slap flitchies, and chainsaw amok run against police.

Or The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii) where you are Mafia boss and throw people from rooftops, rob banks and machinegun&running through the streets, terrorizing shopowners and take them over.

Rockstar's own Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii) is the best though. So much variety in kickin other kids backs, wrestling them down, learning vietnam killing moves from an old bum living in the trash behind the school, stealing and destroying - but you also have to attend to the class and do exercise to learn more nasty things for life. Razz

Rockstars manhunt 2 (Wii) with its motion controlled killing must be the epitome of virtual murder. Smile

And yeah, The House of the Dead Overkill (Wii) is damn extreme as well, that final boss is a true demon! The Screamer is distrubing as well.

I also have to add that I loved the over the top gore/crazyness in No More Heroes (Wii) and No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii). Really love this series. My favourite is the baseball girl boss Smile
Adding to that I recommend another GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE game, killer7 (Gamecube) which is one of the most terrifying and weird games I ever played.

I have no time to elaborate but I got quite a few heavy games for Wii, and some of them are definately more controverse in violence than GTAV. But anyway, GTAV is possible on Wii U and I would buy it if it comes. The trailer looks great.

Here's the rest of the pretty violent/terrifying games I own on Wii:

Madworld
Dead Space Extraction
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Driver: Parallel Lines
Red Steel 2
Metal Slug Anthology

and a few others...
KeAfan7
March 21st 2012, 7:50 pmKeAfan7
Metal Slug games hardly count as being terrifying considering the outdated 2D graphics. Razz
SKTTR
March 21st 2012, 11:36 pmSKTTR
Rukiafan wrote:Metal Slug games hardly count as being terrifying considering the outdated 2D graphics. Razz

Well, it's not terrifying, but more of the category "violent" if you look at some of the animations, bodies blowing up bursting in a bubble of blood, screaming men burning up in flames, aliens vomiting out their own acid blood before breaking down to a pulp of slime. Zombies and mummies break your bones Ghosts'n Goblins style, and the crank Blood Spit Fountains is one of the grossest special moves ever, and nothing else to do in this game but killing. However, that's not the point. It's definately different and oldschool, but nevertheless I thought it was crazy playing it for the first time.
KingreX32
March 22nd 2012, 1:37 pmKingreX32
SKTTR wrote:Don't forget Scarface: The World Is Yours (Wii) where you deal cocaine, slap flitchies, and chainsaw amok run against police.

Or The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii) where you are Mafia boss and throw people from rooftops, rob banks and machinegun&running through the streets, terrorizing shopowners and take them over.

Rockstar's own Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii) is the best though. So much variety in kickin other kids backs, wrestling them down, learning vietnam killing moves from an old bum living in the trash behind the school, stealing and destroying - but you also have to attend to the class and do exercise to learn more nasty things for life. Razz

Rockstars manhunt 2 (Wii) with its motion controlled killing must be the epitome of virtual murder. Smile

And yeah, The House of the Dead Overkill (Wii) is damn extreme as well, that final boss is a true demon! The Screamer is distrubing as well.

I also have to add that I loved the over the top gore/crazyness in No More Heroes (Wii) and No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii). Really love this series. My favourite is the baseball girl boss Smile
Adding to that I recommend another GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE game, killer7 (Gamecube) which is one of the most terrifying and weird games I ever played.

I have no time to elaborate but I got quite a few heavy games for Wii, and some of them are definately more controverse in violence than GTAV. But anyway, GTAV is possible on Wii U and I would buy it if it comes. The trailer looks great.

Here's the rest of the pretty violent/terrifying games I own on Wii:

Madworld
Dead Space Extraction
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Driver: Parallel Lines
Red Steel 2
Metal Slug Anthology

and a few others...

I wouldnt include Silent Hill on that list, but I downright agree with every other game youve got there. House of the Dead Overkill got into the freaking Guinness World Records Gaming Edition, for all thwe swaering in the game.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/03/house-of-the-de/
Marth
March 22nd 2012, 2:01 pmMarth
Nintendo may not have the most violent games (quantity wise) on its systems, but there are still plenty as you guys outlined above. I think if there's any problem with Grand Theft Auto coming to WiiU, it's that Rockstar wouldn't want to bring it over. Rockstar may still be worried about the sales Chinatown Wars garnered on the DS and not sold by the other developers bringing "mature" games to the console.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)