Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What Have You Been Playing Lately?Today at 3:13 amRyanNerdyGamerYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 3:07 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
Jnes5
Jnes5
You are Lieutenant John Berg, an operative of the Office of Strategic Services, who's objective is to infiltrate Normandy from behind enemy lines to undermine the Nazi regime, where it takes place in the Battle of Cherbourg, which is part of the Battle of Normandy during World War II.

Story
Sorry about the short introduction to this game, but what else is there to say about this kind of game ? it takes place in a part of World war II, so if you're into those kinds of stories in these types of videogames, you may like this, but for those who don't, this won't make you change your mind.

Gameplay
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 plays like a first-person shooter game where you can choose play with either the regular Wii remote and nunchuk controller or the Wii zapper, it plays just like any other Wii first-person shooter games where you aim with the Wii remote and move with the nunchuck, but there are some interesting game mechanics thrown into the game, like for example the part where you must plant a bomb where you twist your wii remote as if you were arranging the bomb timer and then swing upwards in order to "let go" of the bomb and let it start counting down, and there's also one part in which you will use an anti-aircraft artillery and you aim left and right by circling around the nunchuck both left and right "representing" the handle and then swing the wii remote upwards to fire it, there are other gameplay mechanics like that like a radio and even a few weapons such as a bazooka, a sniper rifle, and a few others, while it does keep the game from being bland, the game relies too much on the gestures, like you need to shake the Wii remote horizontally once to reload, you must thrust forward both your Wii remote and the nunchuk in order to melee attack, and such, not to mention that some of the motions is way too sensitive, like how you snipe, and some other not too sensitive, like how you melee attack, you can change the way of doing the gestures in the options, but there are very few options and not one of them are any better (at least for me), so you're going to do a lot of gestures in this game. One thing to mention is that the game has it's own control functions depending on what difficulty are you playing on, like if you're playing on easy, you'll have the ability to have the game aim at the enemies for you by just holding down the Z button, and another one is that you can lock the camera by holding the C button that is if you're playing in hard difficulty.

Another thing to mention is that the game also has secondary objectives, they're not obligatory for beating the game, but it's essential for your completion, in which I will get into that later on... while this game does have some decent moments, you will have a few problems with it, for example, when you aim down by holding the A button, the accuracy isn't better, in fact, it's even worse ! because 9 times out of 10, I've found myself dead center at an enemy while aiming, but somehow I kept missing ! and because of this, the game can be unfairly difficult sometimes (even on easy mode !) due to the big amount of enemies the game wants you to fight with ! and your soldier companions don't help you much either ! they can help every once in a while, but as for the rest, they're doing a bad job at it ! because I've found some that they were shooting at the enemies WHILE BEING behind cover ! meaning they are shooting at the wall they are covering in !

The gameplay is decent due to how interesting some of the game mechanics it includes, but some problems that I've mentioned just makes this game a big chore to play...

Graphics
The game looks alright, some things look out of date, specially the character models in a certain way, but some just look ok, the sky looks really good though, just wanted to point that out.

Music and Sound
The music consists of orchestral instruments and they sound good, but too bad it doesn't have too many songs for this game, since most of the game is pretty quiet...

The sounds are ok, they're don't sound amazing or impacting, but they don't sound too bad either, it just does it's job done decently, and as for the voice acting, they just sound like your typical soldiers and though guys from other World war II first-person shooters, but they don't sound too bad either, oh and the game is english only, voice and text wise...

Presentation
Now this is the part where I would talk about the online multiplayer that this game has included... but sadly, I can't, because back in august 11 of 2011, Electronic Arts have decided that all online servers for Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 for Wii consoles and even PSP devices to be shutdown for some reason, maybe to have more space, I don't know.... and I haven't played the multiplayer at all, so there's no way I can't play it right now and give my opinion about it... but I did heard that the game's online multiplayer was very good though...

For a game where you are experiencing as a soldier in a part of World war II, it has a few good moments... but most of it is not realistic, I mean, we're talking about a group of soldiers fighting hundreds ! and hundreds of enemies ! as well as other moments like fighting a base full of enemies, with no other support ! but then again, most first-person World war II shooter game are always like that, so I guess there are no surprises in here...

And as for the replayability, this game has a good amount of it, there's an arcade mode where it's the same single-player game but played as a first-person rail shooter, complete with a high score board for each level (which it isn't online sadly), and the mode is actually good ! and then there's an achievement system called "Awards", while some of them are easy to do, a few of them include beating the game in a higher difficulty, so you'll be busy for a decent amount of time because the game has 8 levels only ! the game gets longer later on but not by much if you play games for a long time... but the thing that will keep you busy with is that each level has a percentage of completion, in which includes what secondary objectives have you done, but just remember that you won't find them all in a single playthrough... but sadly, completing all of this in 100% won't unlock you anything...

Overall
This game is decent, even though there are some interesting things included in it, there are some problems in this game that makes this game play more like a chore instead of being fun, but anyway if you like challenging games, don't mind doing a lot of gestures and are interested in the replayability this game contains, then go ahead and get it, but I you only like one of these options, then rent it, but if you didn't choose any of these options, then skip it, but as for me, this game gets...

a 6/10

6- Decent This game has flaws or major flaws such as, poor controls, bad gameplay elements, poorly implemented gimmicks, minor sound or graphics issues etc. But can be fun, but not necessarily as fun as you'd hope.

Review: Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (Wii Retail) MHH2g30232xaa61

Review: Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (Wii Retail) MHH2pic3

Review: Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (Wii Retail) MHH2942015_20071116_embed002

Review: Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (Wii Retail) MHH2151308-1

Last edited by Jnes5 on February 9th 2012, 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
October 17th 2011, 11:18 amJnes5
I apologize for the somewhat short elaboration of this review, but what else is there to say about this type of game ?
[NL] Fishing Resort
October 17th 2011, 12:40 pm[NL] Fishing Resort
It sounds like a pass for me Neutral
Sneaker
October 17th 2011, 2:06 pmSneaker
I love this game, but never finished it. Online is fun as well, but the manual was very short and a lot of things are still unclear.
Supertimbros
October 17th 2011, 6:19 pmSupertimbros
C'mon this deserves a 7 at least Neutral
Mario fan of the 80s
October 22nd 2011, 8:15 pmMario fan of the 80s
I'd say this is a fair review.
KingreX32
December 7th 2012, 12:08 pmKingreX32
i always wondered what the online was like for this game.
FuManchu
December 7th 2012, 1:36 pmFuManchu
A score of 6 seems harsh considering all the positive aspects of this game. Evil or Very Mad
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)