Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Jnes5
Jnes5
A newly graduated fire academy cadet got a job in a big city firehouse. Experiencing raging infernos and explosive environments from buildings using his tools of the trade to rescue survivors and get the fires under control.

Story
The story is very "meh", it pretty much focuses on the whole "that new guy that everyone judges because he's new" story and while it does raise it's quality by adding some humor and some action moments, it's pretty much decent...

Gameplay
The game plays just like a first-person shooter, but unlike a lot of first-person shooters, you play as a fireman on his first day at his job following orders that a fireman would do, putting out flames, rescuing survivors and break through destructible obstacles, and to be honest, this game is really original when it comes to first-person shooters to this day and age (with a few exceptions of course...). You will start with a tutorial first to know the controls and such, where it does a good job at explaining the controls for you ! and not to mention that is very well represented, and you will also have a sub-menu where it's the fire department with the other firefighters you work with inside, and the options such as "continue", "choose a level", "options" and such are represented as the different objects in the fire department, and while it is confusing at first due to how random some of the options are located, it's very cool on how it was presented.

They only way to progress through the game are objectives from your team, and not to mention the game is pretty linear when it comes to doing each of them, but the game does have some obstacles that keeps it from ever being dull, which it does work well and it also has a variety of them when it comes to handling them so that's a given positive, but sometimes... the obstacles can become very ridiculous... but I will mention that later on...

You have a decent amount of equipment to use in the game, but the main equipment you will use throughout the game are a hose, in which you must find it first, where you can easily put out the flames quickly and it has unlimited water in it so you can use it all the time you want ! also has two options to put out the flames, one being just a straight shot and the other one being a more widespread shot ! which puts the fires out more quickly ! but sadly, if you go to another area to do another objective, you will lose your hose since it's length is limited depending on where the standpipe is, you know, so that the game can keep it's setting in "real life", but really, it's bad at doing it, but again, I will mention that later on... then you got the fire extinguisher which does the same thing as the hose but it's not as strong as the hose, and it runs out very quickly and you will refill it by having to pick up another one at it's nearby cabinet, in which thankfully but confusingly you never ran out of, and then there's the halligan bar, where you use it to open locked doors and then finally the fire axe where you use it to destroy some obstacles, the way you use these items are by pointing the cursor at the screen and then press B to shoot water or steam when you are using the hose and the fire extinguisher, and do a certain gesture on the wii remote when using the fire axe and the halligan bar,  using both the fire axe and the halligan bar can be annoying to some people, but thankfully there's an option to change the gestures to buttons only controls, so I guess that's a good thing to include in this game.

The game is ok, and while there is some good moments included in it, sometimes the game can be ridiculous and not to mention a little bland at times, but as it is, the game is not that bad.

Graphics
Ok, I'm not going to lie here... but the graphics do look really outdated ! to the point that the textures look like they came from out of an early PS2 launch title ! while the fire effects are not bad, you can see the technical build on how the fire is placed... and I think it's just me... but I think that the character models when they put their firemen suit look almost the same ! so yeah, sometimes the game looks ok, but other times the game just looks a little decent...

Music and Sound
While the soundtrack in this game is ok, there are some songs that you'll just forget about and some are just bland, and not to mention that there isn't a lot of variety to the songs...

The sounds are ok, they're just simple and some are a little low quality, but they do a decent job at it, and as for the voice acting, the acting is decent, but they can be a little cheesy as well, but speaking of languages, you're going to have to settle for some subtitles that are in your respected language since the game is english only...

Presentation
When it comes to this game putting you into the shoes of a real life fireman... it does an exaggeratedly bad job at it ! I mean sure, you still do some work that a fireman would do like putting out fires and rescuing the civilians... but then there's the over-the-top and very ridiculous tasks and events such as putting out a sun from the planetarium, which is on FIRE and it's also a BOSS fight and it can ATTACK YOU ! what kind of fireman experiences something like that ?! and there's even a comment from a fireman in some forum for this game (which sadly, it isn't there anymore based on my perspective), and he said that during the lifetime of his job as a fireman, things like that in the videogame never happened to him ! in fact, he even said that those moments were way over-the-top ! so for a game that's supposed to be the experiences of a real time fireman, it really does a bad job at it ! but then again, sometimes they are a little entertaining and it actually feel like a videogame because of that so...

But speaking positively about the game, your other firefighter buddies do have each a personality on their own, and they interact you just like a fireman would do ! and not to mention that there is humor in this game, and while it will not make you rolling-on-the-floor laugh, you will still chuckle at it, and even though I've said that there are some over-the-top ridiculous actions in this game, there are some actions that make sense and are understandable, and they are decent to go through, but then again, the main menu kind of looks like low quality and it bothers me that once you've put out the fire in some places, the object just looks fine and not burned whatsoever... I liked the physics though...

And as for the replayability, you can collect evidence on what caused the fire in each level, but you don't unlock anything if you collect them all, then there are some trophy-like items you can put in your locker, in which you collect them all by completing all the levels... but then there are the different disguises you can wear ! but you must find them first as well, basically they change the style of your uniform like a cel-shaded-like suit, a medieval suit and a "fire hot" suit, in which it's a darker outfit with flames painted on the too. But not to mention that this game is kind of short too ! only including 9 levels in the game (10 if you want to count the tutorial level) ! the game does get longer at each level, but not by much !

Overall
This game is ok, it has some good and bad moments in them, but as it is, it's playable at best, but I've felt that this game could've been a lot more better with a little more polish and removing some ridiculous moments as well, but anyway, if anything about this game interests you a lot, then go ahead and buy it, but if it interested you just a little, then give this one a rent if possible, if not, then just skip it since it's not going to hold you on forever, but as for me this game gets...

a 7/10

7- Good This game may have a few flaws or may have somewhat shoddy controls, or minor sound/graphics flaws, but the game itself should be fun if you like the genre, and can overlook the potential flaws!

Review: Real Heroes: Firefighter (Wii Retail) Real-heroes-firefighter-wii

Review: Real Heroes: Firefighter (Wii Retail) Real-heroes-firefighter-per-wiienfvj_jpg_640x360_upscale_q85

Review: Real Heroes: Firefighter (Wii Retail) RHF82201-5-screenshot

Review: Real Heroes: Firefighter (Wii Retail) Real_Heroes_Firefighter-s9

Last edited by Jnes5 on February 9th 2012, 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

[NL] Fishing Resort
October 10th 2011, 11:54 am[NL] Fishing Resort
Not something I would buy but it sounds good enough.
DigiDestined
October 11th 2011, 1:59 pmDigiDestined
Is this better then The Ignition Factor?
Jnes5
DigiDestined wrote:Is this better then The Ignition Factor?

I haven't played that game so I can't tell...
Ichigo Kurosaki
October 12th 2011, 1:02 pmIchigo Kurosaki
It looks like a Sega Saturn game Razz I guess it sounds alright......
Objection Blaster
October 12th 2011, 1:16 pmObjection Blaster
This sounds like it could be an interesting purchase Smile
KingreX32
October 18th 2011, 6:34 pmKingreX32
looks terrible.
Staroceancrazy
December 16th 2013, 9:32 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review! Very Happy
KeAfan7
I know this is a very late comment, but excellent review! This game sounds pretty darn good. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)