Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Chaos Emeralds

Differences between the two versions of Dig Dug II :nes: Empty Differences between the two versions of Dig Dug II :nes:

July 28th 2012, 11:22 am
I saw two different nes Dig Dug II games at a retro game shop in my city. One was just Dig Dug II $3.99, but the other was subtitled Paradise Islands or something similar to that $4.99.
Is there a difference between those two games Question Question Question Which is a better deal?

Differences between the two versions of Dig Dug II :nes: Empty Re: Differences between the two versions of Dig Dug II :nes:

August 17th 2012, 1:28 pm
One which was Japan only, which would make the game you saw an illegal copy, unless it was just a simple import.
In any case the answer is Dig Dug II is a direct port of the arcade game, but Dig Dug II: Trouble in Paradise is a remake with better graphics and many additional levels, plus a sort of new game plus with tougher enemies after you beat the more than 80 stages in the game. Cool

Last edited by Retro Gamer on August 17th 2012, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a typo.)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)