Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written By: KingreX32

WiiU and 3DS will have a Unified Account System WiiU3DSNintendoNetwork

News about the WiiUs features just keeps getting better and better. In an email from Nintendo customer service Representative David Marshall he stated that the Nintendo WiiU and 3DS will have a “Unified Account System”.

"A unified account system will be implemented later this year with the launch of the Wii U. Eventually this same account system will be made compatible with Nintendo 3DS systems,"

So what is a Unified Account System? Let me explain, think of Cloud Storage; you see how with Cloud Storage you are able to access your information or files from anywhere weather it be computer or smart phone. Well this is kind of how a unified account system would work, but instead of files it’s your personal account, and instead of it being from everywhere it’s from your WiiU or 3DS.

WiiU and 3DS will have a Unified Account System WiiU3DSUnifiedonline

This is essentially how the PSN Network and Xbox Smart Glass work. Basically if you buy or download something on your 3DS (like a game or Demo) then in theory you should be able to access that game or demo on your WiiU or vice versa.

While I personally am not interested in this feature, it is nice to see that Nintendo is continuing to move towards the 21st century. For now the system will only be for WiiU, it will come to the 3DS later on, and there are no details on how it will work outside North America (Canada and the United States). He went on to say that these accounts would also be transferable

“If the system is stolen, we can transfer the account to a new system once we are provided with a valid police report."

This is something I could really use as I can’t count how many Gameboys I’ve lost or had stolen over my gaming career. (I was better with my DS’s)
If this System is separate, Apart of the Nintendo Network, or IS the Nintendo Network We don’t know, but so far this is sounding great. The WiiU launches later this year, as always no release date has been announced.

Sources
Gamekicker, Examiner.com

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiU and 3DS will have a Unified Account System Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KingreX32
July 11th 2012, 10:07 amKingreX32
whoops had to fix some things. Its all good now.
KeAfan7
Smart move for Nintendo to make.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
July 11th 2012, 12:23 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
What does this mean for eshop downloads?
If we can transfer our accounts to a new console this is wonderful, but if not then this is no better than the current system Nintendo uses.
Love4Gaming
July 11th 2012, 1:04 pmLove4Gaming
Now I can feel safe knowing my eshop games aren't going to be lost if my console breaks on me.
ToughGamer
July 11th 2012, 1:13 pmToughGamer
Nintendo might be late, but I'm still relieved that they are finally creating a universal online account.
LizofDoom
All I can say is it's about time Nintendo stepped out of the digital stone age! Laughing
NINTENBRO
I can see some first party cross-platform games coming out of this. Like the next Super Smash Bros. game. Which would be so F'ing awesome!
SkywardL
I got sad news everyone Sad

Nintendo just clarified that the statement from Nintendo Representative is unconfirmed. As of now, Nintendo is not officially announcing the possibility of "Unified Account System."
KingreX32
when was this info released?
christicehurst
July 14th 2012, 1:51 amchristicehurst
SkywardL wrote:I got sad news everyone Sad

Nintendo just clarified that the statement from Nintendo Representative is unconfirmed. As of now, Nintendo is not officially announcing the possibility of "Unified Account System."

The original announcement might have been too early. I expect this to still happen in the first or second quarter of next year.
KeAfan7
christicehurst wrote:
SkywardL wrote:I got sad news everyone Sad

The original announcement might have been too early. I expect this to still happen in the first or second quarter of next year.

I agree this is most likely a case of someone spilling the beans a little too early. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)