Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by KingreX32

WiiUs Online will be free.....mostly NintendoNetwork

Times are hard, we can all agree right? So it’s not because we are cheap why we would rather have a Wii or PS3 because of the free online. As great as the Xbox Live service is if I’m paying for internet from my ISP why would I want to pay again to play online?

Well you can breathe easy, because Nintendo plans to keep their online service free. In recent shareholders interview Nintendo President Satoru Iwata stated that Nintendo intends to make things easier for gamers with different gaming habits to play online, “We have a wide variety of consumers, from the ones who enthusiastically play video games to those playing more casually, who are not always interested in them but try to play a game only when it has become a public topic or play it just during certain periods” he went on to say that “Services which ask our consumers to obtain paid memberships are not always the best” It wouldn’t be the best option for WiiU.

I think this is a smart move, not because I’m cheap (by some people’s standards) but because it’s in keeping with the Wii brands easy to use, easy accessible interface. Times are rough and a lot of people just don’t have it to pay to play online. Also not everyone plays online regularly and it really wouldn’t be fair to casual online players to pay for a feature they don’t use often.

WiiUs Online will be free.....mostly Miiverse-1

Despite this Mr. Iwata stated that: "We cannot promise that Nintendo will always provide you with online services free of charge no matter how deep the experiences are that it may provide”. Uh-oh, "But at least we are not thinking of asking our consumers to pay money to just casually get access to our ordinary online services." Oh ok that’s great, I was worried for a sec. It’s been suggested that services like Miiverse and WiiU Shop will be free but things like DLC and the use of NFC may not. This is just speculation so don’t take what I say to heart.

It’s been hinted that Nintendo may offer a paid online service but unlike XBL it will be completely optional, only for those who want it. As it stands now the WiiU is looking good. All we need now is
a release date.

Sources gamespot and Computer and Videogames

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiUs Online will be free.....mostly Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Marioman18
July 6th 2012, 8:00 pmMarioman18
Spiffy article KingreX32! victory
KingreX32
July 6th 2012, 8:03 pmKingreX32
Thank you. I was asked to do it last week but i was super busy.
KeAfan7
July 6th 2012, 8:32 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for posting this news. Wink
christicehurst
July 6th 2012, 8:44 pmchristicehurst
It will be free for most things on the Nintendo Network but DLC would of course be paid. They have to make money somehow!
.hacker
July 6th 2012, 9:43 pm.hacker
I just knew Nintendo wouldn't charge for most of the online basics!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
July 7th 2012, 2:21 amAqua Cherry Blossom
@KingreX32 of course the WiiU eshop is free to browse if it weren't Nintendo wouldn't make as many sales lol. Razz
Warlock in love
July 7th 2012, 2:50 amWarlock in love
I like this article!
[NL] Fishing Resort
July 7th 2012, 12:06 pm[NL] Fishing Resort
Nintendo doesn't believe in charging consumers for basic services so nothing surprising here, but we should worry about third party apps and games. )=
KingreX32
July 8th 2012, 8:06 amKingreX32
Thanks guys. And again sorry for posting this so late.
Amufungal
July 9th 2012, 12:58 pmAmufungal
Nintendo shouldn't charge anything for services besides dlc because they have a bad reputation for their online services so far Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)