Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Announcement Near Launch!

Nintendo Will Not Announce Wii U Release Date and Price Until Fall 2012! Satoru10

Satoru Iwata has announced that the Wii U price and date will Not be revealed until Fall 2012, despite being so close the holiday 2012 release window.

Nintendo was originally going to release these details about the Wii U at E3, but scrapped their plans.

Nintendo Will Not Announce Wii U Release Date and Price Until Fall 2012! Ninten18

In a speech with investors Iwata had this to say. "We made a statement in public before E3 that we would announce neither the launch date nor the price of the Wii U at E3. It's nothing new at all because, when we introduced the Wii, the Nintendo DS, and the Nintendo 3DS, we didn't announce the launch date or the price at the E3 shows either."

"It is our intention to convey a strong message this Fall with the information about the price and launch date and then to create momentum good enough to convince our consumers to buy the Wii U."

Nintendo Will Not Announce Wii U Release Date and Price Until Fall 2012! Game-s10

In Europe however, the price will be determined by the retailers, so prices may vary from store to store.

Authors Comments: What are your thoughts about Nintendo waiting until just before the Wii U launch to announce a date and a price for the launch?

Nintendo Will Not Announce Wii U Release Date and Price Until Fall 2012! 19654

Nintendo Will Not Announce Wii U Release Date and Price Until Fall 2012! 87457210

Nintendo Will Not Announce Wii U Release Date and Price Until Fall 2012! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
That's ok, I have enough money saved up anyway... As long as I don't spend it all
NINTENBRO
Unless I find employment very soon, I highly doubt I'll be a first day buyer or even a first year adopter. I didn't purchase my Wii until 2010, so it's really not that big of a surprise to me. I still have plenty of Wii games to finish, including WiiWare and VC. I also just recently purchased my first 3DS, so I already have some catching up to do. I'm not going to focus on the WiiU at all, until I have the appropriate funds to do it correctly. By that time; hopefully, there will be some type of discount or bargain bundle available. Hey, at least I already have some WiiMotes. Very Happy
christicehurst
Sounds like they will reveal their cards in September and release it in November. Nintendo's promotion drive will be Metorid Fusion for those two months.

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 4th 2012, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed grammatical errors.)
ToughGamer
That means the price will be revealed no more than two months before the WiiU is released.

I'm not sure how Nintendo expects people to buy their console on day one in this economy with only around a two month period for people to start saving to buy the console once they know how much it'll cost.
Inoue79
I won't be able to get one this year then.
Tasuki
A smart move on their part. I guess they want to avoid a 3DS launch price problem.
christicehurst
ToughGamer wrote:That means the price will be revealed no more than two months before the WiiU is released.

I'm not sure how Nintendo expects people to buy their console on day one in this economy with only around a two month period for people to start saving to buy the console once they know how much it'll cost.

New Nintendo consoles always sells out. The Wii, GameCube, N64 - people go abit nuts like a new iphone. Their launch period is fine and their promotion machines when it's up and running is huge.

2013 will be interesting to see how the console pans out. E3 2013 will likely lift the curtains on some big games too.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
I just hope that I have enough money set aside for the Wii U.
Mouser
Tasuki wrote:A smart move on their part. I guess they want to avoid a 3DS launch price problem.
As long as Nintendo doesn't price the WiiU too high.
Anonymous
KingreX32
stupid. This is so stupid.
Staroceancrazy
There is a difference Iwata! Those examples you gave all had at least 5 months between the price getting announced and the launch Shocked
Announcing the price less than 2 months from launch is going to hurt your sales in a very big way Prinny
Marioman18
So the WiiU could cost millions if retailers want? pale
NINTENBRO
Allow me to finish Marioman18's statement.

"So the WiiU could cost millions if retailers want to be the only people who own one." Laughing
Marioman18
Still I do not like allowing retailers to choose whatever price they want to sell a product at Neutral
Warlock in love
Bad idea.
[NL] Fishing Resort
I don't think this is a smart idea with the world economy in the state it's in. )=
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)