Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
gamerace
gamerace
Nintendo has quietly announced the games we'll see on the Nintendo Wii for the rest of 2012.

NBA 2K13

Nickelodeon Dance 2

The Amazing Spider-Man

Transformers Prime

Skylanders Giants

Madagascar 3: The Game

Rise of the Guardians: The Game

Ben 10: Omniverse

Victorious: Take The Lead

Summer Stars 2012

Brave: The Video Game

Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure

Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two

Big Time Rush

Harley Pasternak’s Hollywood Workout

Zumba Fitness Core

Deer Drive Legends

Kirby’s Dream Collection Special Edition

Nintendo Selects: Mario Power Tennis

Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2

I Spy Game Pack

Just Dance 4

Just Dance: Disney Party

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Lego Lord of the Rings

The Last Story

Of note Kirby's Anniversary has changed name to Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition.

Just Dance 4, Lego Lord of the Rings, Epic Mickey 2 and appropriately The Last Story look to be the last big games for the Wii.

Apparently we won't be seeing Pandora's Tower, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly or Dragon Quest X in NA.

More games will likely be announced throughout the summer for holiday release.
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

christicehurst
June 6th 2012, 3:50 amchristicehurst
I have Pandora's Tower myself but looking at that list it's pretty weak. That's expected with the new console coming. I wonder how long they will support it? End of 2013?
gamerace
June 6th 2012, 4:12 amgamerace
Nintendo has a history of abandoning old systems early. Notably the GC (Zelda:TP notwithstanding). So the fact they have anything coming out still is a good sign.

However, it's a shame to not see Pandora's Tower, Fatal Frame and Dragon Quest when other regions have them already (or will very shortly).

I doubt Nintendo themselves will release anything after Kirby's Dream Collection. If they do it'll likely be more re-releases like SSBB, DKCR, K:EY and SMG2 on Nintendo Selects
KingreX32
June 6th 2012, 7:43 amKingreX32
Nothing there Im really looking forward too. Well folks this will soon be the end.
christicehurst
June 6th 2012, 7:56 amchristicehurst
gamerace wrote:Nintendo has a history of abandoning old systems early. Notably the GC (Zelda:TP notwithstanding). So the fact they have anything coming out still is a good sign.

However, it's a shame to not see Pandora's Tower, Fatal Frame and Dragon Quest when other regions have them already (or will very shortly).

I doubt Nintendo themselves will release anything after Kirby's Dream Collection. If they do it'll likely be more re-releases like SSBB, DKCR, K:EY and SMG2 on Nintendo Selects

True, they don't really the time for the Wii anymore as it's just not selling anymore. Same with the DS in a similar way.
KingreX32
June 6th 2012, 7:58 amKingreX32
they are moving on it seems. I just hope I have enough for the WiiU. I hate that they nevr announced a price. That makes me so mad. jeez.

For now im sticking with my DSi. Im not upgrading to a 3DS just yet.
gamerace
June 6th 2012, 10:33 amgamerace
Sadly (for me, my wife will be thrilled) I've still no interest in WiiU. Yeah, a new NSMBU would be nice. Nintendo Land is probably fun but those aren't worth a new console. Haven't finished NSMBWii yet and I could get a cheaper 3DS if I just want a new NSMB game.

Wii Fit U looks too similar to what I have. And the 3rd party games? I could play 90% of them now on 360.

While that was largely true of Wii (most 3rd party Wii games were PS2 ports) at least Wii was a very different experience with motion vs traditional controls. Despite all Nintendo is saying. WiiU just doesn't seem very different. Not enough anyway.
KeAfan7
June 6th 2012, 11:45 amKeAfan7
Of course there will likely be some VC and WiiWare games before the Wii is completely dead, but I wouldn't expect much out of WiiWare although VC could still surprise us with a few AAA classic releases. Wink
ZezHylia
June 6th 2012, 12:32 pmZezHylia
I guess the Wii's about finished. D:
KingreX32
June 6th 2012, 12:35 pmKingreX32
about. Its about there
gamerace
June 6th 2012, 12:40 pmgamerace
Only games I'm planning to get are: Lego Batman 2, Lego LoTR, Epic Mickey 2 and Kirby's Dream Collection (maybe)

Own Pikmin 2 and The Last Story already. Importing Project Zero II (aka Fatal Frame).
Chickgoboom
June 6th 2012, 1:58 pmChickgoboom
Hardly anything good left on the upcoming Wii games list. Neutral
NINTENBRO
June 6th 2012, 5:49 pmNINTENBRO
I'm really only interested in, "The Amazing Spider Man," but it will probably just be a watered down/butchered port. Although, "Rise of the Guardians," sounds like an interesting game, but I know nothing about it. I've already downloaded, "Kirby's Adventure," and just recently, "Kirby Super Star," from the NES & SNES VC. Otherwise, I'd probably show some interest in, "Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition," as well. I still have plenty of Wii, WiiWare and VC games to finish playing through, until I can afford to purchase a WiiU. Which will probably be around this Christmas.
Chickgoboom
June 6th 2012, 5:55 pmChickgoboom
I was interested in Dragon Quest X, but I guess I'll never play that game. Sad
KingreX32
June 7th 2012, 3:54 pmKingreX32
I would love to see a Nintendo Selects Super Smash Bros Brawl
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 7th 2012, 7:48 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Is this the North American list?
I'm certain Europe is supposed to get more games than this for the year.
Aussiegamer
June 7th 2012, 11:48 pmAussiegamer
You may now add Fishing Resort to that list for the Pal region!
:-D
gamerace
June 8th 2012, 3:24 amgamerace
Eureka wrote:Is this the North American list?
I'm certain Europe is supposed to get more games than this for the year.

Yeah that's NA. PAL has Project Zero II:Crimson Butterfly coming later this month and some Japanese anime football game their translating too I believe at some point.

I'd love to see the PAL list. Love to see DQX on it...
SKTTR
June 8th 2012, 5:31 amSKTTR
I'm interested in the future releases:
- Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (end of June)
- Beat the Beat: Rhythm Fever Paradise (July)
- Kirby's Dream Collection
- Nintendo Selects Excitebots: Trick Racing (hope!!)

Might pick up some of the newer releases at some point as well:
- Enclave (very interested in this dark western RPG)
- Poképark 2 (and the first one while were at it)
- Mario Party 9
- Back to the Future
- BIT.TRIP COMPLETE
gamerace
June 8th 2012, 7:20 amgamerace
Enclave come out in PAL regions?

How did that one slip past me?

Looks like some retro PC fun.
SKTTR
June 8th 2012, 7:56 amSKTTR
Yes, ENCLAVE - Shadows of Twilight was released for Wii in PAL regions on 22th May 2012 for 39,99€.
gamerace
June 8th 2012, 8:11 amgamerace
Are they nuts?

40 Euros for what looks like a mediocre port of a ten year old game (which wasn't that great to begin with)? In PAL?

For that price, in PAL regions, one can get Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower or Project Zero.

I do want it, as I like those old school PC dungeon crawls and it'd be nice to play it on Wii but that's about 30 euros more than I'd ever consider for it.

Now if it was Buldar's Gate...
KIBAxHINATA
June 8th 2012, 1:34 pmKIBAxHINATA
@WiiAboutU there is supposed to be exclusive content in the Kirby Anniversary Collection, but who knows what that will be? Depending on what's added to the games it could be worth buying even if you have the virtual console games. Very Happy
PrinnyDood
June 8th 2012, 2:06 pmPrinnyDood
Not much to see here. Neutral
KingreX32
June 9th 2012, 11:32 amKingreX32
Well theres a bunch of games there. But personally most im not intrested in. Epic Mickey 2. But thats it.
WarfmasterST
June 10th 2012, 12:17 amWarfmasterST
Why is there no pic in this article mate? Surprised
The Pal list has many more enjoyable games listed!
KingreX32
June 10th 2012, 9:45 amKingreX32
Ive been trying to find pics for these games, to Upload to Wiiwarewaves Photobucket.

Thanks KingreX32
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)