Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
This game is known as Final Fantasy IV in Japan but was only the second Final Fantasy game released outside of Japan before the real Final Fantasy II (NES) was released on Final Fantasy Origins for the PS ONE. The Virtual Console release is also the first chance European gamers got at playing this epic RPG.

This game was one of the very first games released that has over 30+ hours of gameplay. Final Fantasy II is also one of the first RPGs to introduce sidequests, which are now pretty much found in every RPG released.

The story in this game was really epic in the early 90s when it was released and has an emotional side to it. The first 10-15 minutes of the games story is as follows The story is about a dark knight of the kindom of Baron who is upset about being forced to attack the peace loving Mysidians, but when he brings it up to his king he is sent on a secret mission and given a secret package as punishment. His longtime friend Kain a member of the famous dragoons accompanies him on this mission. Much to their dismay the town of mist bursts into flames when they open the secret package! Knowing now that the mission they were sent on was a mission to destroy the land of mist and it's legendary callers, they decide to cut ties with Baron and thus the true adventure begins.

The graphics in this game have aged fairly well and are better than that of most RPG's that were availible at the time it was released. The sound effects in this game are really simple and fairly scratchy sounding, but the music is great especially the chocobos' theme.

Bottom line: This is one of the most epic RPG's released in the early 90s. It has a great emotion driven story on top of 30+ hours of gameplay and it has a great soundtrack.

On the other hand the sound effects are scratchy and the game is a turn based RPG so it might not be appealing to some RPG fans,however those who don't mind the turn based battles this game is a must have at 800 Wii Points.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 8.5/10

8- Great This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!
Attachments
Final Fantasy II (SNES) Attachment
ff2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(20 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Rukiafan on June 25th 2011, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Final Fantasy II (SNES) 19654

Final Fantasy II (SNES) 87457210

Final Fantasy II (SNES) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Megatron2000
June 11th 2011, 3:51 pmMegatron2000
FF II is a great rpg indeed,and was one of the first emotion driven rpgs |D
Your review is very good |D
Akatsuki
June 12th 2011, 1:52 pmAkatsuki
This is a really awesome game Very Happy
H_Bogart32
June 12th 2011, 3:42 pmH_Bogart32
Excellent review rukiafan you're quite a hard worker =)
Anonymous
August 15th 2011, 6:03 pmTerra1/2
This is one of my favorite rpgs on the super nintendo and I have to say your review is very good,maybe a bit short but highly accurate Wink
Anonymous
August 16th 2011, 1:28 pmChronobo
I have fond memories of this game from when I was young Very Happy
Navi
September 6th 2011, 12:48 pmNavi
Great review too bad my favorite snes Final Fantasy game will never be released on vc "FFV"
Staroceancrazy
February 13th 2013, 12:22 pmStaroceancrazy
Good review Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)