Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal Amazing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review: Crystal Ortha (PS4 PSN) Crysta10

Developed by Hit-Point and published by KEMCO Crystal Ortha is a love-letter to retro RPG's of the 90's and does a great job emulating the games that it's inspired by, but does it live up to those legendary titles? Not quite, but it is still an amazing game in its own right, and here's why:

Review: Crystal Ortha (PS4 PSN) Crysta11

The story in Crystal Ortha is quite enjoyable with several twists and turns that you won't be expecting and the pacing of the story is perfect. The characters are likable and grow as the story progresses and the setting of the world is rather interesting! The gameplay is like a blend of Final Fantasy IV, Secret of Mana, Romancing Saga, and Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, with a whole bevy of interesting features and gameplay elements that will draw players into the game's enjoyable world.

The game is also exceptionally challenging as there are no healing items to restore your characters which forces you to carefully plan your next move as skills and inns are the only ways to heal. As for the controls, they are intuitive and easy to master, which is always a good thing.

Review: Crystal Ortha (PS4 PSN) Crysta12

The audiovisual presentation is decidedly old-school and we enjoyed every bit of it between the gorgeous pixel-art and absolutely amazing soundtrack. Overall the game has this old-school feel and sound, but with a superb modern touch which makes it look and sound amazing!

Review: Crystal Ortha (PS4 PSN) Crysta13

Bottom-Line: With amazing retro-style gameplay, a superb story, and excellent audio-visual presentation, Crystal Ortha for the PS4 and Nintendo Switch is a highly enjoyable experience that any and all fans of the genre should purchase and as such we give the game a great level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #KEMCO #HitPoint #JRPG #Retro #PS4 #PSN #Switch #eShop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, Zatchbell, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash, FM_Alchemist, Aqua Cherry Blossom and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
January 7th 2021, 6:55 pmKeAfan7
Our review is now live!

Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, Zatchbell, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash, FM_Alchemist, Aqua Cherry Blossom and like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
January 7th 2021, 7:38 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Epic review, forsooth! Review: Crystal Ortha (PS4 PSN) 631737971

Slightly off-topic: Which of the Big Four ‘80s/‘90s Square-published JRPG franchises is each members’ personal favourite(s), and have your preferences changed over the years? I’m curious to find out. (The ones I mean by “Big Four” are Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Seiken Densetsu, Romancing SaGa, or all of the above)

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, Zatchbell, SuperVash, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
January 7th 2021, 7:50 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smug

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

KeAfan7
January 11th 2021, 4:37 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback! Review: Crystal Ortha (PS4 PSN) 631737971

Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash, FM_Alchemist, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

Staroceancrazy
January 14th 2021, 10:58 amStaroceancrazy
Awesome review @Towafan7 Exclamation

KeAfan7, DigiDestined, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

DigiDestined
January 14th 2021, 12:59 pmDigiDestined
Nice review. =)

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer, SuperVash, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

SuperVash
January 15th 2021, 1:51 pmSuperVash
Excellent review man! Cool

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

Zatchbell
January 18th 2021, 4:21 pmZatchbell
Great review! Kemco is a very solid indie publisher that regularly cranks out noteworthy games. victory

KeAfan7, RyanNerdyGamer, FM_Alchemist, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
January 18th 2021, 5:21 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Whoa... I just realised that “Ortha” rhymes with “Author” in my weird Upside-Down Underlandish accent! Surprised

KeAfan7, FM_Alchemist, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

FM_Alchemist
January 31st 2021, 3:57 pmFM_Alchemist
Great review.

Tsubasa
February 11th 2021, 10:53 amTsubasa
Awesome review!

RWBY_Red
May 9th 2021, 11:15 pmRWBY_Red
Good review.

KeAfan7 likes this post

ShounenMania
May 13th 2021, 12:37 amShounenMania
Great review! Review: Crystal Ortha (PS4 PSN) 631737971

KeAfan7 and Talesfanatic like this post

KeAfan7
June 7th 2021, 10:37 amKeAfan7
Thanks for the comments you guys and gals! You rock! king

Talesfanatic likes this post

Talesfanatic
August 8th 2021, 3:58 amTalesfanatic
Great review @Towafan7! @NintendoPuristForever Before the XIII trilogy I would have said Final Fantasy, but now Dragon Quest is my favorite. That said I don't like what I've heard about the upcoming Dragon Quest XII.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)