Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

Yo-Kai Watch Discussion Empty Yo-Kai Watch Discussion

December 7th 2015, 1:53 am
Let's discuss this quirky game from Level5, the creators of the legendary Professor Layton series!

So which Yo-Kai does everyone like so far? Personally, I'm curious about Walkappa. I also like Jibanyan, but I don't want to be the guy who likes the mascot the best.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Yo-Kai Watch Discussion Empty Re: Yo-Kai Watch Discussion

December 7th 2015, 10:37 am
I dont own it yet, but I plan to as soon as I play more of my RPG backlog... 2016 will be the year of RPGs for me!

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

December 7th 2015, 6:09 pm
@passioNATE Have you tried the free demo from the eShop? It's actually quite amusing.

Oh yeah, @BurstDashV8 said Yo-Kai Watch is a lighthearted take on the gameplay formula featured in Shin Megami Tensei. Personally, I've never played SMT, so can anyone confirm this?
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

December 8th 2015, 2:08 pm
Are the comparisons of this game to Pokemon accurate? If so, I just might get this along with Earthlock: Festival of Magic for my birthday. Earthlock is scheduled to launch on Steam in late-January and on Wii U in late-March. Wink

Yo-Kai Watch Discussion 19654

Yo-Kai Watch Discussion 87457210

Yo-Kai Watch Discussion Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 8th 2015, 3:31 pm
Ichigofan wrote:Are the comparisons of this game to Pokemon accurate?
That depends. Yo-Kai Watch is most definitely "the next Pokémon" in terms of sheer volume of sales, with merchandise repeatedly selling out across Japan, most notably toys of the Yo-Kai Watches and Medals themselves.

Gameplay-wise, however, it's an entirely different beast (excuse the pun), with a unique battle system and open-world navigation. I would try the free demo if you're at all curious. I tried it and found it to be quite enjoyable.
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

December 8th 2015, 10:45 pm
Man I love the demo! I want to buy a retail copy of this game, but I can't find a single copy available at any of my local retailers though.

(アパチャイ・ホパチャイ, Apachai Hopachai)

#1-Here I go! Dodge this! Apa-pa-pa!
#2-Apachai can understand the pain in Kenichi’s heart It’s scary!
#3-Even though I don’t know what’s going on, it’s so scary!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 8th 2015, 11:12 pm
Wow, has Yo-Kai Watch mania reached Western shores already or what?! Surprised
Himawari Chan
Himawari Chan

March 6th 2016, 11:13 pm
How lengthy is the game's story?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users