Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Our Own Brand of World Championship!

WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! Header10

In celebration of the 2015 Nintendo World Championships WiiWareWave is going to hold its own elimination style tournament using similar rules to the 2015 Nintendo World Championships though Naturally games like Splatoon can't be utilized with groups vying for the championship title due to lack of video and screenshots sharing functions online, but MK8 and Smash can. Along with any other games that have Miiverse screenshot sharing features!

Registration ends on Friday at Midnight PST and that's when Saturday's challenges will be announced. Each day new challenges will be issued to 2-12 players that remain in the tournament and the worst player will be eliminated each round until we are down to two contestants! Then a best of five tournament-style series of challenges will be issued to the two finalists!

The top player will win two free North American retail DS titles! And several others will win a ton of WiiWareWave Coins to spend in our loyalty shop! We look forward to your participation! To enter the tournament let us know in the comments below!

Current Participants:

@GamerZack87 *Game Master/Eliminator*
@Rukiafan *Game Master/Eliminator*

@bro2dragons *Official/Participant*
@Amufungal *Official/Participant*
@KingreX32 *Official/Participant*
@Akatsuki *Official/Participant*

@Digidestined *Participant*
@StarOceanCrazy *Participant*
@Otaku *Participant*
@Pokefreak *Participant*
@Aqua Cherry Blossom *Participant*
@Ragnarok *Participant*
@ToughGamer *Participant*
@FM_Alchemist *Participant*
@Kushina *Participant*
@Epona *Participant*
@Trinity33 *Participant*
@Marioman18 *Participant*
@Aussiegamer *Participant*

Round 1 Match 1 begin's today and is a speed run of World 1-1 in New Super Luigi U! The participants will be:

@Otaku *Winner*

@Amufungal *Advanced*
@StarOceanCrazy *Advanced*

@Digidestined *Underground*

You must start a new file for this run. Take a screenshot via the Wii U browser when you grab the flagpole as proof. The player with the worst time goes to the current round's underground stage. More details will be announced about the underground at a later date!

Round 1 Match 2 will be a MK8 three way online GP match between:

@GamerZack87
@Rukiafan
@bro2dragons

The races will be the entirety of the Animal Crossing Cup and the person with the worst score heads to the underground for the round! I will personally upload the Youtube videos of the matches and post them in this article after the races have ended!

The match begins at 6:00PM PST on Sunday 06/21/2015. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by Rukiafan on June 20th 2015, 10:06 pm; edited 11 times in total

WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! 19654

WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! 87457210

WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

TheGingerDoctor
Alright, sign me up! WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! 631737971

Uh...this won't conflict with timezones, will it? :/
bro2dragons
I'm going to be with family all of Saturday, but if there's any way I can still compete, you bet I will.

There is no stopping the dragon! Charizard
DigiDestined
I'll join. =)
TheGingerDoctor
WOO! This is gonna be awesome! cheers
Staroceancrazy
Count me in Exclamation
This is going to be awesome! Very Happy
Amufungal
I'd like to register as well Smile
KeAfan7
Participant list updated! Officials can call matches based on player performance in group games with online play. Game Masters can create challenges for players to compete in, but must only choose participants that own the game in question during that round. All players chosen for a challenge must complete any non-group challenge within 24 hours or it'll count as a loss. Game masters must work everything out so all players can be accounted for and are able to compete with at least one other participant for each of their rounds!

Eliminator's are officials who aren't eligible for the physical prizes e.g. live outside of NA or myself "WiiWareWave's co-owner", but are counted for during challenges to weed out the competition!

The first challenge will be a three-way Grand Prix in MK8 between @bro2dragons, @Rukiafan, and @GamerZack87 to weed out one of our officials right off the bat. Officials aren't wiped from the tournament when they lose, but they are no longer eligible for the prizes.

Event Time: TBA Saturday

The second challenge will be between @Amufungal, @StarOceanCrazy, and @Digidestined and will be a speed-run of stage 1-1 in New Super Luigi U. A pic of when you grab the flagpole will be required via. the Wii U browser's screenshot sharing feature.

Event Time: All-Day Saturday

The other events are TBD based on the participants and what games they own.

I'll add this to the main article soon.
Otaku
I'm gonna register too! Very Happy
TheGingerDoctor
Eh, I doubt I'd be eligible for anything other than Coins, so I'm not bothered if I lose. Having said that, I intend to try my hardest! victory

Wait...I'm a what-now?! Surprised
Otaku
I guess your an eliminator! Very Happy
Is that kinda like terminator? Laughing
TheGingerDoctor
So...I guess I'm not the Blue Ranger then? Razz
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 15th 2015, 7:44 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
I would be honoured to join the tournament. Smile
TheGingerDoctor
Not counting VC, I have exactly five games I can play. Splatoon is not one of them. Neutral
Amufungal
What games do you own? Smile
TheGingerDoctor
Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Smile
Gekkouga-Senpai
I love tournaments! @Pokefreak registers! Very Happy
Ragnarok
Heck yeah I'll join! WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! 631737971
ToughGamer
Go ahead and register me.
FM_Alchemist
Registration complete. victory
Anonymous
I'll enter, but I won't be able to join group events. Sad
Ms_Kinomoto
Um...I wanna enter too. Smile
KingreX32
I wouldn't Mind taking a Crack at this.
TheGingerDoctor
Yes! Only one day to go! Time to show everyone how terrible awesome I am at Mario Kart 8! cheers
KeAfan7
You aren't that bad actually. You're almost as good as me so don't be so hard on yourself. The problem is that the game is so similar to MK Wii in-terms of physics and controls that the experts from that game quickly became MK8 experts as well. Wink
KeAfan7
Participant list has been updated. Wink
Marioman18
This sounds like fun so I'm joining! victory
Trinity33
A new challenger approaches.
TheGingerDoctor
GamerZack87 wrote:Yes! Only one day to go! Time to show everyone how terrible awesome I am at Mario Kart 8! cheers
Rukiafan wrote:You aren't that bad actually. You're almost as good as me so don't be so hard on yourself. The problem is that the game is so similar to MK Wii in-terms of physics and controls that the experts from that game quickly became MK8 experts as well. Wink
I wasn't being hard on myself at all, just my usual silly self. I can't help it, of course, because I'm super-excited! Happy

...did I mention I'm super-excited? Clefairy
Akatsuki
I'll join. Smile
Aussiegamer
My body is ready mates! :-D
KeAfan7
The participant list has been updated again. The registration period is nearly over. If you want to join hurry up because registration ends at 12:00 AM PST/ 00:00 PST.
TheGingerDoctor
June 19th 2015, 10:53 pmTheGingerDoctor
@Rukiafan I noticed that I'm listed as a "Game Master/Eliminator". What exactly does that entail?
KingreX32
We need a way to talk to each other. You guys got Skype? I think i made a thread for that years ago on here.
KeAfan7
I don't have a computer though...
KingreX32
Cellphone, Tablet?. You can Download the skype App.
KeAfan7
I got a G2 Phone, it's portable, but doesn't have a browser or fancy apps. Embarassed
KingreX32
oi. So theres no way at all me can all talk.
KeAfan7
Well not to me, but I know @GamerZack87 has access to Skype, he's too shy to do video chat though.
KingreX32
dont need to do Video Only voice. Thats if you guys want to. I dont know why Nintendo is so Opposed to Voice Chat.
KeAfan7
Article updated with the first two matches!
Amufungal
Here is my entry for match 1 Smile

WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! Wiiu_s10
KingreX32
it would be easier if everyone added each others NNID. That would help with Coordination alot. You guys already know mine.
TheGingerDoctor
So it's at 11AM on Monday in eastern Australia?
Amufungal
@GamerZack87 I believe so Smile
DigiDestined
I didn't do well. Sad

Staroceancrazy
I got an awesome time! Very Happy

WiiWareWave Tournament 2015: Preliminaries Registration! Wiiu_s11
Otaku
Did I just win match one!? Surprised

TheGingerDoctor
Congratulations, @Otaku! Very Happy
KeAfan7
Otaku wrote:Did I just win match one!? Surprised

Whoa! You beat 1-1 in under 22 seconds! Prinny

Congratulations. Wink

@Digidestined sadly you're heade underground, but don't worry you have a chance at the end of the round to get back into the competition. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)