Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!
Gotta Catch 'Em All!

BREAKING NEWS: Tomorrow is Poképalooza on the Nintendo eShop Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_ncpqwtEGzowmCjsb4itW_wQSVGC1U8X-6ov_9LgEwtkRt0fnIAgEX5o

Since the introduction of the Nintendo eShop, fans have clamoured for rereleases of their favourite classic Pokémon titles to play anytime. Nintendo, in conjunction with The Pokémon Company International, has declared tomorrow, April 2nd, as Poképalooza, which will finally bring over 15 games to the Nintendo eShop on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U around the world, as well as finally establishing other long-requested consoles to the service.

For those in doubt, Pokémon Red and Blue will be included in the offerings, meaning that Nintendo 3DS owners will at long last be able to play the original adventures. They are the first games in the new 3D Classics Combo range, which include two titles in one package: Pokémon Red Version + Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Green Version + Pokémon Silver Version! These games are faithful recreations of the original games, complete with full link-up options including the ability to trade or battle with other owners of a game; the sequels even retain the Time Capsule feature, which can be utilised with the save file of the first game in the same package! Finally, the sequels include the female character from Pokémon Crystal Version as a player option, as well as adding a new female character in the original titles, at long last allowing for girls to not have to play as a boy.

Wii U owners will be treated to Pokémon Stadium Plus, a compilation of the first two Pokémon Stadium games for Nintendo 64, which includes full compatibility with the 3D Classics Combo titles on Nintendo 3DS. Both Stadium titles are brought to life in every detail from the originals, with everything exactly the way you remember it from childhood. As a bonus, the package includes a new Pokémon Snap title, Pokémon Snap Frontier, which provides the player with eight areas inspired by the Nintendo 64 original in which they can take photos of over 100 different Pokémon from Generations I and II. Speaking of Pokémon Snap, it is the first Nintendo 64 title to be added to the Virtual Console service on Wii U, and will be joined by two Pokémon-themed Nintendo GameCube games as well, such as Pokémon Colosseum, the first full Pokémon adventure to appear on a home console.

Finally, digital rereleases of Nintendo DS games will be added to the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, in much the same manner as Wii titles on Wii U. The first main offerings will be Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, the flagship games from the Pokémon franchise's Generation IV, and will retain local wireless multiplayer but not online play. A Wii game, Pokémon Battle Revolution, will also be added to the Wii lineup on Wii U, and will be fully-compatible with both the digital and original cartridge versions of Diamond and Pearl, as well as Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

A full list of releases is detailed below:

Nintendo 3DS
3D Classics Combo: Pokémon Red Version + Pokémon Gold Version (Nintendo 3DS Download)
3D Classics Combo: Pokémon Green Version + Pokémon Silver Version (Nintendo 3DS Download)
Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition (Virtual Console GB)
Pokémon Pinball (Virtual Console GBC)
Pokémon Party mini (Virtual Console Pm)
Pokémon Diamond Version (Nintendo DS)
Pokémon Pearl Version (Nintendo DS)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Nintendo DS)

Wii U
Pokémon Stadium Plus (Wii U Download)
Pokémon Snap (Virtual Console N64)
Pokémon Puzzle League (Virtual Console N64)
Pokémon Colosseum (Virtual Console GCN)
Pokémon Channel (Virtual Console GCN)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Virtual Console GBA)
Pokémon Battle Revolution (Wii)
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure (Wii)

What do you make of Poképalooza? Are you excited for this amazing event? Is your inner child eager to play the original adventures once again, or are you more interested in the Snap sequel? Be sure to leave your thoughts with a comment below.

SOURCE

#AF #Gaming #eshop #VC

Last edited by GamerZack87 on March 31st 2015, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
If only.... Sad all my hopes coming true via April fools day
RyanNerdyGamer
What the...?! @Rukiafan I thought only moderators could see this post! Surprised #CoverBlown
KokorOtaku
@Zack that's because I am. Also a real direct is announced and after a "leak" one that I thought was fake! But this one seems real, if everything in that "leak" direct is true, we may see some huge changes on WiiU/3DS tomorrow. These include SNES on 3DS, GB/GBC on WiiU with Crossbuy, new eShop, Amiibo gallery, badge center, N64 VC release dates, and pre order in full on games coming months from now...
RyanNerdyGamer
passioNATE wrote:@Zack that's because I am.
Oh, I had no idea! That makes a lot more sense. My apologies. Sad
passioNATE wrote:Also a real direct is announced and after a "leak" one that I thought was fake! But this one seems real, if everything in that "leak" direct is true, we may see some huge changes on WiiU/3DS tomorrow. These include SNES on 3DS, GB/GBC on WiiU with Crossbuy, new eShop, Amiibo gallery, badge center, N64 VC release dates, and pre order in full on games coming months from now...
That would be awesome. Smile
KeAfan7
Lol. The article has gone live. Wink
Grumblevolcano
Oh dear me another completely ridiculous April Fools prank. A shame it isn't real. Razz
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)