Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!
Both models to launch on 21st November starting from AU$219.95

In a surprising announcement, the first ever Nintendo Direct Australia has revealed the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, with both handhelds to be released months ahead of a 2015 debut in North America and Europe.

The New Nintendo 3DS is an enhanced version of the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, offering exclusive buttons and features including a C Stick, extra L and R Buttons and integrated amiibo support; the systems also boast an improved battery life, a better 3D display and an enhanced processor which makes games and Nintendo eShop downloads a smoother, more enjoyable experience. The smaller handheld has coloured A, B, X and Y buttons which are strikingly reminiscent of those featured on the iconic Super Nintendo Controller, and will also utilise special Cover Plates and menu themes which allow owners to coordinate and customise the console to their liking; presumably, the larger console will also use menu themes.

The New Nintendo 3DS will be released in White on 21st November, the same day as Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, for a suggested retail price of AU$219.95; its larger counterpart will also launch on the same day for a suggested retail price of AU$249.95, and will come in a choice of two colours: Metallic Black and Metallic Blue. Neither console comes bundled with an AC Adapter, though one can be purchased separately for AU$14.95; a charging cradle will also become available for each console for AU$14.95, in White for the New Nintendo 3DS and Black for the New Nintendo 3DS XL. An initial line-up of 20 different Cover Plates will be available at launch for the standard model, at a suggested price of AU$17.95 each.

What do you think of this surprise announcement? As always, shout out your thoughts and opinions below. victory

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
That's so odd that theyed not release it in NA this holiday... If they did I'd buy it and some Amiibos along with the many games I want... That's a lot of money for nintendo
RyanNerdyGamer
I'm as surprised as you are, believe me! I am wondering when the standard model will be available in black here, but since white would be my first pick anyway I'd be more than happy with it. Smile

I might see about getting some Kisekae Plates from Japan, though, due to the bigger range. I guess they're the one feature which AREN'T region-locked! lol!
KokorOtaku
I really hope there's an update to use foreign eShop codes for other countries systems, because Kushina really needs points but can't get them for her NA WiiU in Japan as far as I know... I've been asking everywhere, looking up stuff, ect. But nothing's worked so far Sad
KeAfan7
passioNATE wrote:I really hope there's an update to use foreign eShop codes for other countries systems, because Kushina really needs points but can't get them for her NA WiiU in Japan as far as I know... I've been asking everywhere, looking up stuff, ect. But nothing's worked so far Sad
The only thing that'll work is NA codes on a NA console unfortunately. Neutral
Anonymous
Rukiafan wrote:
passioNATE wrote:I really hope there's an update to use foreign eShop codes for other countries systems, because Kushina really needs points but can't get them for her NA WiiU in Japan as far as I know... I've been asking everywhere, looking up stuff, ect. But nothing's worked so far Sad
The only thing that'll work is NA codes on a NA console unfortunately. Neutral
Pikmin 3 is discounted this week too. Crying or Very sad
RyanNerdyGamer
My best buddy BurstDashV8 once bought an eShop Card and entered the code into a message, then he sent me the message so I could use the code. The code worked perfectly, even though it was just copied  onto a message. Maybe something similar could be done for Kushi-chan? Smile

ON-TOPIC: Given that my favourite Cover Plates won't be available at launch in Australia, I might try and get some from Japan somehow. BDV8 may be able to pick them up for me, so I'll ask him later. victory
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)