Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Today at 10:01 pmKeAfan7What Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy
Gamergy
Gamergy
UPDATE: Zelda Wii U not to be shown at E3 either

Zelda producer suggests chance of Zelda Wii U not releasing in 2015 Link-sad

Updated info: Zelda Wii U will not be shown at E3. From Aonuma's Miiverse post: "As I said in the video, we would like to take this time so we can bring you a very special experience, by making the ultimate Zelda game. Since we'd like to focus on developing the game we've decided not to show the game at this year's E3.

source

The producer of The Legend of Zelda, Eiji Aonuma, has just released a short video message on Nintendo of Europe's Youtube channel. In this message, Aonuma says, "So, I must apologize to all of you who were expecting the game by year's end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority." This hints at an inevitable delay which Nintendo fans are used to.

But no worry, Aonuma promises that it will be worth the wait. Aonuma says, "The directors and many members of the development team have been working hard on developing the game. In the last three months, as the team has experienced first-hand the freedom of exploration that hasn't existed in any Zelda game to date, we have discovered several new possibilities for this game. As we have worked to turn these possibilities into reality, new ideas have continued to spring forth, and it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds my own expectations."

While Nintendo didn't straight-up say that we won't get Zelda Wii U in 2015, it hints at a very likely delay; but as any Nintendo fan knows, it's always worth the wait.

The video in question is below

Last edited by Gamergy on March 27th 2015, 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
Thanks for posting this! For some reason the video isn't loading for me though. Neutral
RyanNerdyGamer
Eh, I don't mind waiting, especially if it means a much higher quality experience. Zelda producer suggests chance of Zelda Wii U not releasing in 2015 631737971
Aqua Cherry Blossom
I just hope that Nintendo has some new games to announce for later this year because both the 3DS and Wii U release schedules are excruciatingly barren for the remainder of 2015 lol. Rolling Eyes
RyanNerdyGamer
This just in: upcoming Nintendo Direct reveals new F-Zero! New Metroid! New StarTropics! Well, maybe not that last one, but we got Kid Icarus: Uprising, so anything's possible. Smile

Also, we're still due quite a lot this year. Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Nintendo 64 games on Wii U proper, not to mention more content such as new amiibo, the other Mario Kart 8 expansion and a brand-new successor to Club Nintendo. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)