Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Gamergy
Gamergy

The latest Nintendo Direct showed some neat stuff, and I'm sure most of our readers watched it. However we are still going to do a small key points list for reference in case you want the short version. The full North American direct is linked above

Key points:

• -Splatoon coming Q2 2015, new single-player campaign announced
    -How select Amiibo figures work with Mario Kart 8, Smash Wii U, Hyrule Warriors
    -Amiibos will work with Captain Toad and Yoshi's Wooly World as well
    -Xenoblade Chronicles X still coming in 2015, map to be bigger than Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
    -Kirby and the Rainbow Curse coming February 2015 (NA)
    -Pikmin animation shorts available on Wii U or 3DS for $4.99
    -Captain Toad release date: December 5th (NA)
    -Codename S.T.E.A.M. coming to 3DS in Spring 2015
    -Majora's Mask 3D coming to 3DS Spring 2015
    -1st batch of Mario Kart 8 DLC coming November 13th

Was the Nintendo Direct what you were expecting? Or was it surprising? What game are you most excited for? Join the discussion in the comments!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
November 5th 2014, 4:53 pmKeAfan7
I can't wait to purchase the Mario Kart 8 DLC next week! I also just downloaded the Pikmin Shorts and will watch them after diner tonight. Wink
Gamergy
November 5th 2014, 5:07 pmGamergy
I'm curious how long the Pikmin shorts are. I love the Pikmin series but I'm worried that they will be too short.

Personally I'm most excited for Splatoon, it looks like pure fun. I'm also really excited for Codename S.T.E.A.M. I'm glad we're getting another strategy game, love that genre.
KeAfan7
November 5th 2014, 6:22 pmKeAfan7
There are three in total, one is under 2 minutes, one is just over 8 minutes, and the third is nearly 13 minutes long so in total it's about the length of a half hour anime if you take out the commercials! They're pretty funny as well. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
November 6th 2014, 12:07 amTheGingerDoctor
What about N64 and GCN? Sad
KokorOtaku
November 6th 2014, 9:15 amKokorOtaku
I'm with you Zack, I wanted more VC (although I would've liked N64/DS)
SuperVash
November 6th 2014, 2:02 pmSuperVash
I was also disappointed by the lack of VC related news.
KokorOtaku
November 6th 2014, 9:16 pmKokorOtaku
I was also dissapointing when Miyamoto brought up Flipnote 3D, yet we still don't have it Sad
TheGingerDoctor
November 7th 2014, 12:21 amTheGingerDoctor
At least the Zelda purists can rejoice now that Majora's Mask 3D is officially a thing. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)