Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Challenging Journey Through Space!

Review: Gradius (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s34

Gameplay And Controls:

To say that Gradius is merely challenging is a gross understatement as the game will have you facing hordes of enemy ships as well as difficult bosses that will test your reaction and skills! The game allows you to power-up your ship in various ways such as increasing its spead, adding a shield, and equiping new weapons which you'll quickly realize that some skills and weapons while good in some situations could be a hindrance in others. This balancing act of having to learn what power-up is best in your current situation is what truly makes Gradius challenging!

The controls in the game are quite awkward when using the Gamepad, but the Wii Remote sideways method is very easy to use, with the Classic Controller Pro being a good second choice. Overall the Gamepad while not recommended isn't a horrible control method, but it will take awhile to get used to, whereas the other control methods are a breeze to use properly!

Review: Gradius (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s35

Graphics And Music:

The graphics in Gradius have aged poorly and don't look all that good much like those of the original Metroid game, but it still won't turn off retro gamers who enjoy playing 8-16 bit games, the music is fairly decent and adds to the nostalgic feeling of the game, but doesn't really stand out as well as the soundtracks in other retro shooter titles.

Overall the graphics and music are by far the weakest aspect of the game and do slightly hurt the game's score, but not by a huge amount.

Review: Gradius (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s36

Bottom-Line:

With fun, yet challenging gameplay Gradius is an enjoyable trip down memory lane, however some of the control methods are a little awkward and the graphics have not aged well which does make the game lose some points, but if you are a retro gamer and enjoy sidescrolling shooters we still recommend downloading this title!

Score: 6.9/10

Last edited by Ichigofan on March 1st 2016, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Gradius (Wii U VC) 19654

Review: Gradius (Wii U VC) 87457210

Review: Gradius (Wii U VC) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
January 26th 2014, 11:29 amGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
SonicKnuckles
January 26th 2014, 12:02 pmSonicKnuckles
I downloaded this a long time ago on my Wii it's a good enough game. I agree with the score too so nice review.
Talesfanatic
January 26th 2014, 12:20 pmTalesfanatic
Cool review!
Ragnarok
January 27th 2014, 11:55 amRagnarok
Another great review dude. You have found your "style" so your reviews are a sight better than they used to be. As for the game, yes it's fun but I agree that the game hasn't aged well.
KeAfan7
January 28th 2014, 12:48 pmKeAfan7
Ragnarok wrote:Another great review dude. You have found your "style" so your reviews are a sight better than they used to be. As for the game, yes it's fun but I agree that the game hasn't aged well.
Thanks! Wink
Anonymous
January 29th 2014, 12:20 pmGuest
Ragnarok wrote:Another great review dude. You have found your "style" so your reviews are a sight better than they used to be. As for the game, yes it's fun but I agree that the game hasn't aged well.
I agree your reviews are so much better now! I love you
OddyWorld
January 29th 2014, 12:47 pmOddyWorld
It's a shame that the superior Salamander series never became successful outside of Japan. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)