Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written By: KingreX32

The Nintendo WiiU has been out for more than a year now, and while sales are still very slow the console has at least built up a large library for all kinds of gamers. In this article I will be making a list of some of the current games for the WiiU gamer on your holiday shopping list.

Super Mario 3D world

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Logo_Super_Mario_3D_World_zps4b19c887

Released on November 22nd, Super Mario 3D World is yet another 2.5D platformer staring Nintendo’s mascot Mario. This will be the Third Mario platformer on WiiU since its launch last year. The reviews have been coming in and as expected they are all positive.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Sm3dw_zps6d90404d

There are numerous new features and upgrades for gamers to utilize to finish the game. The biggest new addition is the Cat Suit which allows Mario to run faster and climb up walls. The games local multiplayer has also been revamped introducing peach as a playable character and Rosalina as an unlockable fifth. Its a Mario game so you know its going to be great and have hours of gameplay.

Batman Arkham Origins

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Arkham-Origins-Logo_zpsaf046e8f

Just in time for the holidays Arkham Origins is the second game in the Arkham Series to hit the WiiU. Handing the reigns over to WB Montreal, the new dev team has done a good job with keeping the game familiar to previous games in the series. The game takes place on Christmas Eve; the villain Blackmask has placed a bounty on Batman’s head, drawing eight of the world’s greatest assassins to Gotham City.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide ZlCfzRNT5-ohHlMrJv_zps0095a448

Unlike the 360/PS3 versions of the game the WiiU version lacks online multiplayer, but that isn’t a totally bad thing as it is ten dollars cheaper than the other guys. The game is a good length and once you’re don’t with it there are DLC packs for download to expand the game and add new characters. Its a great addition to any WiiU collection.

Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide AC4_zpsb99f140e

Assassins Creed 3 was a launch title for WiiU; it was a great game so I had high expectations for the fourth game. Taking place during the Golden Age of Piracy Assassins Creed 4 follows Edward Kenway, a Pirate/Assassin who is on a quest to find place called the observatory, all the while dealing with the Templars and the English who are expanding into the Caribbean.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide ZlCfzRNUD4MPpCUnOF_zpse313bfd0

Assassins Creed 4 adds a bunch of new features to the series, but the biggest thing is expanding on the Ship segments from Assassins Creed 3. In Assassins Creed 4 you can now take your ship and explore the waters of the Caribbean, and there are a bunch of things to do on the high seas, looting ships, taking forts, exploring wrecks, finding treasure, hunting whales and alot more. The game is chalk full of a bunch of activities to keep gamers busy. Multiplayer returns, but apart from some minor new things (characters, costumes,) haven’t really changed much from AC3, which isn’t a bad thing. Although Ubisoft said the WiiU version wasn’t going to get the planned DLC this game is still worth the buy.

Call of Duty Ghosts

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Codg_zps659e6556

The Second Call of Duty game to hit the WiiU Call of Duty Ghosts takes place in a World were America is no longer a Superpower and is invaded by a Federation of South American Countries. It’s up to a group of Special Forces soldiers called The Ghosts to The Federations plans and take back their home.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Codgs_zps5f9803cc

As can be expected from any new Call of Duty game multiplayer has been beefed up with new modes, weapons perks and features. A new mode found in Ghosts is Extinction, Like Zombies mode found in the Black Ops Series and Special Ops mode in Modern Warfare 3 extinction has the player facing aliens in a defend the base type of gameplay.

Wind Waker HD

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Wwhdl_zps7cb9617f

Although it originally came out for the GameCube in 2003 Wind Waker HD has found new life on the WiiU console. The Story follows Link (or toon link) as he travels across the Great Sea on a quest to defeat the evil Ganon.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Wwhd_zps0705821a

While is game is essentially the game as it 2003 counterpart, various new features, gameplay tweaks, and graphical updates help to keep the game looking, feeling and playing fresh. Revised difficulty, Off TV play, Miiverse integration, etc. This is definitely worth the buy.

Deus EX Human Revolution Director's Cut

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Dehrdc_zps29a1522a

Originally released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 back in 2011 Deus Ex: Human Revolution was released for WiiU on October 22nd, taking place in 2027 the game shows a world were giant corporations have surpassed Government control, and human advancement through artificial body parts is common place. The game follows a security guard who has been drawn into a conflict involving a terrorist group and Human enhancement movement.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Dehrdcs_zpscb2db4a3

Even if you already have the game on the other consoles, the WiiU version is worth the buy, adding in new features, improved boss fights, and extra functionality with the WiiU Gamepad. The developers have called this the ``Ultimate`` version of the game.

Barbie Dream House Party/ Hotwheels Worlds best driver

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Bdhp_zps1ad112d7

Look im not going to lie, I don't know much about this Barbie game, and I can't make an  assumption about what it plays like because I have no experience playing Barbie games, but I did say this list was going to include games for all gamers, children included.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Bdhps_zps44eddd09

In the game you play as Barbie as she invites over three of her friends to her house for a party. For the little girl on your list, (if she is into Barbie) look no further than Barbie’s Dream house Party.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Hwwbd_logo_zps713fbb72

Like Barbie’s Dream house Party Hot Wheels Worlds best driver is yet another game that just appeared out of nowhere and similarly is hard to find information on. Being a Hot Wheels game though it can be assumed that you are racing to be The World’s best Driver.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Hwwbds_zps20bbcb9e

As I said the WiiU has a great library of games to choose from and if you have little kids you will be buying gifts for this holiday season take a look at these two titles.

Disney Infinity

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Disney-Infinity-Logo_zpsdd0b1c59

Cashing in on Activision’s Skylanders popularity comes Disney Infinity. Like Skylanders the game used collectible figures to scan into the game which allows them in interact. The big difference is well the Disney Characters.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Dis_zps4e0b9c55

There are multiple packs out right now featuring characters from The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Cars, and Pirates of the Caribbean. The game allows you to build and create levels and games as well as including many premade ones for the kids to enjoy. This title is multiplatform so you can purchase it on both Wii and WiiU, its also available for 3DS.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Lmsh_zpsa1007e4f

When it was released earlier this year, Lego City got amazing reviews by critics; now developer TT Games is attempting to hit another home run with Lego Marvel Super Heroes. The game takes place in a Lego Version of New York City, Galactus is coming and it’s up to Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.LD. to put together a group of heroes to stop the coming invasion.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Lmshs_zps1a573872

Unlike the last game this one isn’t published by Nintendo but by Warner Bros Interactive, hopefully this change won’t affect much. Gamers can look forward to the same brand of quirky and silly humor found in all Lego videogame titles.

Wii Fit U

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Wfu_zpsc52c13a9

WiiFit was a massive success for Nintendo, and gaming in general; it helped turn video game consoles into more than just a coach potato factory popularizing a new trend with fitness videogames.

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Wfus_zpsd32c14aa

The best thing about WiiFitU is that from November 1st to January 31st 2014 the game is free to download for WiiU users, once downloaded the copy of the game is yours for 30 days. If you purchase a WiiFit meter before the expiration date you get to keep the game at no extra cost. In order to download the game you must have a Wii Balance Board synced to your console.

But it’s not just all about games WiiU comes built in with many Great Apps for the Movie buff on your list Hulu Plus, Amazon Video, and Netflix are available, Google also released a WiiU version of their popular Google Maps App with Street View allowing you to explore the globe from your living room. Make sure to buy a Nintendo points card, some downloads are not free.

There it is folks, if you are planning on buying a WiiU or know someone who owns one and you want to get them something, look no further than these titles. The WiiU has built up a great library of Digital and retail since its launch so hopefully this holiday season great things will come. This is KingreX32 thanks for reading and Happy Gaming.

Last edited by KingreX32 on December 11th 2013, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiU Holiday Gift Guide Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
December 2nd 2013, 7:05 pmGuest
Nice article, but Rosalina is the fifth character in Super Mario 3D World not Daisy! Smile
TheGingerDoctor
December 2nd 2013, 11:44 pmTheGingerDoctor
Great article, KingreX32! I was wondering if you'll be doing an add-on to this article describing the various Wii U holiday bundles for those (myself included) who don't yet own a Wii U. Smile
Tsubasa
December 3rd 2013, 1:12 pmTsubasa
These are all awesome games, but where is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? Very Happy
KingreX32
December 3rd 2013, 7:49 pmKingreX32
This list was made to include recent titles for the holiday season. MH3U came out in March
TheGingerDoctor
December 4th 2013, 1:04 amTheGingerDoctor
I may be receiving either a Wii U or a [CONSOLE NAME REMOVED] for Christmas this year. I usually prefer to give gifts than receive them, however. Smile
Clαππαd
December 4th 2013, 12:38 pmClαππαd
Who edited GamerZacks' post? Sad
Clαππαd
December 4th 2013, 12:40 pmClαππαd
I already have Zelda WWHD and Super Mario 3D World so not much left for me to buy for why Wii U this Christmas.
TheGingerDoctor
December 4th 2013, 3:01 pmTheGingerDoctor
Clαππαd wrote:Who edited GamerZacks' post? Sad
Nobody did. I censored the name of the system in question because this is a Nintendo site. Wink
FM_Alchemist
December 5th 2013, 2:15 pmFM_Alchemist
Nice gift guide, but when is that error about Daisy in SM3DW going to be fixed?
Tsukoko
December 5th 2013, 2:45 pmTsukoko
I have all of the games in this gift guide!

edit- Except Barbie. Razz
KingreX32
December 11th 2013, 1:54 pmKingreX32
the error has been fixed. sorry it took so long
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)