Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What was the last game you beat?Yesterday at 3:19 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?July 19th 2024, 10:17 pmKokorOtakuYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)July 19th 2024, 10:14 pmKokorOtakuNews: Two HUGE NSO Updates Have Dropped This Month With A Whopping 10 Games In-Total!!July 13th 2024, 1:45 pmKokorOtakuThe Legend of Zelda Creative Designs TopicJuly 1st 2024, 12:18 pmStaroceancrazy
Go down
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? Empty Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"?

November 6th 2013, 11:39 am
I was a huge fan of Paper Mario when it was released on the N64. It was a very unique and enjoyable JRPG which had some of the silliest written dialog of any RPG that I had played up to that point and then the GCN title Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door took things even further and added alot to the original formula, but then Super Paper Mario for the Wii became a sidescrolling platforming RPG which I felt was a huge step backwards for the series, but wasn't "bad". Then enters Paper Mario: Sticker Star for the 3DS which completely removed the hilarious story that Paper Mario games always possessed and merely became a simple platformer...

Unless the series returns to its roots I'll likely not return to the series anytime soon since there are already enough Mario platformers and I want to send Nintendo the message that Paper Mario should be an RPG series not another platformer series. What do you guys and gals think about my opinion and the direction the series has taken? Feel free to post your comments. Wink

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? 19654

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? 87457210

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? Empty Re: Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"?

November 6th 2013, 12:48 pm
I don't dislike the games, but I agree that Nintendo should keep Paper Mario as a RPG series.
Paper Mario Sticker Star was good, but it was not Paper Mario lol. Rolling Eyes

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
FuManchu
FuManchu

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? Empty Re: Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"?

November 6th 2013, 3:38 pm
There were already too many Mario Platformers so this series provided a nice change of pace, until Nintendo decided to turn it into a platforming series as well. Evil or Very Mad

Are You Disappointed By The Direction Recent Paper Mario Games Have Taken "Moving Away From Being RPG's"? Opb10
DigiDestined
DigiDestined
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

November 7th 2013, 1:52 pm
Nintendo has ruined their only Japanese RPG series. Sad
Not a smart decision in my honest opinion. Sad

Dark Link: No I hate you too $#!%&$!
Clαππαd
Clαππαd

November 10th 2013, 12:35 pm
Super Paper Mario was a good game, but shouldn't have been labelled a Paper Mario game, but Sticker Star's battle system was so poorly created that you must run from almost every single battle or you will lose.
The lack of a story also was a poor decision for Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
So yes I absolutely agree that Paper Mario should return to its roots as an RPG. Smile

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)