Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking
Rayman creator Michel Ancel anticipated the WiiU to release a lot sooner than expected. Ubisoft is one of the first third-party developers to receive the WiiU development kit.

Ubisoft: "We Expected WiiU To Release A Lot Sooner" Wiiu_ubisoft

"To be honest, we were on Wii U very early – even for Origins."

"We did not know exactly when Nintendo would release the system, but we started making Origins for Wii U. [At that point], we thought Wii U would come out a lot earlier. We worked very closely with Nintendo [on Wii U] early on, giving them feedback on the various prototypes."

"When we finished Origins, it was time to start thinking about Wii U again, because [the hardware] was nearly complete"

Source:
Click here

Comments

KeAfan7
What's the surprise? The Wii U is almost right on cue for the 5.48 year average life cycle of a video game console generation. A console that doesn't least 5 years or more is almost always a console that sold poorly.

The Wii actually sold the second highest number of consoles globally of any console ever released with the PS2 being first "mainly due to the unacceptable hardware failure rate, but with it's impressive library of games most people opted to replace their console."

I won't be surprised if Nintendo decides to release a few first party WiiWare games from the Mario, Zelda, and other franchises to keep the Wii going for awhile after the Wii U launches "Nintendo did say that the Wii would be supported for quite awhile after the Wii U launches."

Remember that WiiWare will be available on both Wii and Wii U just like DSiWare is on the 3DS eshop so this kind of support is possible not to mention any smaller Virtual Console titles such as NES, SNES, and N64 games that are being saved as Wii U Virtual Console releases could also be released on the Wii Virtual Console so don't discount the possibility of Super Mario World 2, Starfox, or Donkey Kong 64 releasing on the service just yet. Wink

I think that rant was long enough lol. I just wanted to say my opinion while backing up some of it with facts. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)