Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Next Stop 2nd Anniversary!

WiiWareWave Turns 18 Months Today! Wiiwar14

Join us over the next week as we will post a special 18 month podcast and will host the first ever live WiiWareWave video game trivia event in the chatbox with a Gamer's Soul badge reward being given away to the winner to show-off his/her gaming knowledge on his/her profile!

We will also begin work on repairing our website features and graphics that were damaged by the recent forumotion update and finally Komicturtle will hopefully finish and upload our new La-Mulana theme just in time for the game's WiiWare release on Thursday!

WiiWareWave Turns 18 Months Today! 19654

WiiWareWave Turns 18 Months Today! 87457210

WiiWareWave Turns 18 Months Today! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

TheGingerDoctor
September 16th 2012, 5:57 pmTheGingerDoctor
Nice! Happy Half-Birthday to our community! Very Happy

By the way, when is the quiz being held? I'd love to have a go. Smile
NINTENBRO
September 16th 2012, 5:58 pmNINTENBRO
Hey Rukiafan, this topic just gave me an idea. I think members should also earn special badges depending upon how long they've been a dedicated member. I think this would only help to increase the level of interactivity that WiiWareWave's member's experience. So what do you think my friend? And by the way, HAPPY 1 & 1/2 BIRTHDAY WIIWAREWAVE AND CONGRATULATIONS BRIAN! cheers

Edited...

Last edited by Nintenbro on September 16th 2012, 8:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
Staroceancrazy
September 16th 2012, 7:09 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome! Very Happy
KingreX32
September 16th 2012, 7:14 pmKingreX32
congrats
Anonymous
September 16th 2012, 7:15 pmGuest
Congratulations! I love you
KeAfan7
September 16th 2012, 7:47 pmKeAfan7
@GamerZack it'll be at uh...at 8:00 PM PST on Saturday. Wink
NINTENBRO
September 16th 2012, 8:00 pmNINTENBRO
Brian, shouldn't Ringofungal and myself recieve some type of badge for winning WiiWareWave's very first Post A Lot Contest?

Also Brian, will these repairs effect the compatibility of the website?
TheGingerDoctor
September 16th 2012, 8:04 pmTheGingerDoctor
Rukiafan wrote:@GamerZack it'll be at uh...at 8:00 PM PST on Saturday. Wink
So 1:00 PM AEST...I'll be there! Wink
KeAfan7
September 16th 2012, 10:08 pmKeAfan7
@Nintenbro nope I'm just going to try to add the same coding that initially worked, but with very minor changes to get the codes to activate, so there's no reason that the Wii or 3DS compatibility should be affected. Wink
christicehurst
September 17th 2012, 5:06 amchristicehurst
Well done and keep up the good work
KeAfan7
September 17th 2012, 11:56 amKeAfan7
Thank you christicehurst, also I have found out the general coding needed to place our forum into another website server and if all goes well we could have a near professional grade free hosted website with the forum taking advantage of the best "or at least one of the best" free forum host and a blog and homepage that could take advantage of a free host that excels in that department which will act as a single website since I've already found the trace coding that sends user data to forumotion, so if I copied that feed and re-routed the new second feed over to the potential future website we wouldn't lose any data and the blog and features of the other website could be utilised with our WiiWareWave accounts.

However I would have to obtain permission to do so from forumotion.com and the other host due to the nature of having to change codes that they own rights to, but it certainly wouldn't be a definite no on their part since all forum page hits and activity would still = profits for forumotion.com and all blog activity would help the other host earn more profits. Wink

Ultimately, however it's in their hands since legally I can't do anything without both party's consent, but if it all works in our favor we could easily end up with the best looking free hosted Nintendo website with tons of features and better mobile and game console browser compatibility than most professionally hosted websites! We'll just have to wait and see, which could be a few months, and even if the okay is given it would easily take a few more months to set everything up, but just think how awesome it would be if we are given permission to do this and finish our newly designed website by WiiWareWave's 2nd anniversary! Very Happy

Alright I bet you're all getting sick of my what-if rant by now, so I'll end it right here, and post a reminder about our WiiWareWave Live Video Game Quiz event that will be held in the WiiWareWave Chatbox at 8:00 PM PST on Saturday with the winner receiving a Gamer's Soul Badge for their profile! Just a warning, the quiz will include third party games that were released on Nintendo consoles and not just first party titles. Wink
NINTENBRO
September 17th 2012, 7:10 pmNINTENBRO
Rukiafan, is that also a "No" to those badges I mentioned?
KeAfan7
September 17th 2012, 10:36 pmKeAfan7
I'll see what I can do, but I'm pretty busy atm. Neutral
TheGingerDoctor
September 18th 2012, 1:24 amTheGingerDoctor
If you need pixel art for any extra prizes, I'm willing to throw some together for you Rukiafan. Of course, I don't want to threaten Komicturtle's role on WiiWareWave, so it's fine if you don't need my work. Wink
KeAfan7
September 18th 2012, 12:18 pmKeAfan7
I'd love that, actually I still haven't made the image for the Gamer's Soul Badge yet either, so your help would be appreciated. Wink

There are three rewards to be created, The first is the Gamer's Soul award for winning the first live WiiWareWave game quiz, the second is the Gamer's Heart badge for participating in the first WiiWareWave live game quiz, and the third is the Chatty Gamer award for every person who wins/has won a post alot contest, also the images need to be very small so people who win a ton of awards in the future won't have a cluttered profile. Wink
Chickgoboom
September 18th 2012, 12:36 pmChickgoboom
Congrats!
Amufungal
September 18th 2012, 12:43 pmAmufungal
Congratulations Rukiafan Smile
TheGingerDoctor
September 18th 2012, 2:25 pmTheGingerDoctor
Rukiafan wrote:I'd love that, actually I still haven't made the image for the Gamer's Soul Badge yet either, so your help would be appreciated. Wink

There are three rewards to be created, The first is the Gamer's Soul award for winning the first live WiiWareWave game quiz, the second is the Gamer's Heart badge for participating in the first WiiWareWave live game quiz, and the third is the Chatty Gamer award for every person who wins/has won a post alot contest, also the images need to be very small so people who win a ton of awards in the future won't have a cluttered profile. Wink

I'll get right on it. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)